Goose Creek Trail receives $419,120 e...

Goose Creek Trail receives $419,120 enhancement grant

There are 9 comments on the Tomahawk Online story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Goose Creek Trail receives $419,120 enhancement grant. In it, Tomahawk Online reports that:

Governor Phil Bredesen joined state and local leaders including City Mayor Kevin Parsons, Alderman Willis Walker and Lt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tomahawk Online.

Don

United States

#1 Oct 18, 2008
I will be moving to LB in the near future and am very interested in hiking. However, the article doesn't seem to be in the online edition of the Tomahawk. Please send me the article at [email protected]
wraith lover

Bristol, TN

#2 Oct 18, 2008
I noticed your ISP address is in Livonia, Mich. I use to live there many years ago. There are many hiking trails in the Northeast Tn. area that I am sure you will enjoy. Good luck with your move.
One Hung Lo

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Oct 19, 2008
Joe the warner wrote:
Obama will DESTROY DEMOCRACY
with his REDISRIBUTION OF WEALTH policy.
WIKIPEDIA QUOTE ......... On the one hand, Karl Marx argued for a systemic understanding of SOCIOECONOMIC CHANGE... GIVING WAY TO COMMUNISM:....
The following countries have governments who adhere to Marxism .... CUBA and NORTH KOREA.
VOTE FOR MC CAIN TO PREVENT THIS.
Marx said that socioeconomic change occurred through organized revolutionary action. On this model, capitalism will end through the organized actions of an international working class, led by a Communist Party:....
(With the type of following Obama has a new party one day would be easy for him to start).
http://www.rallycongress.com/constitutional-q ...
WHAT GADAFI SAYS ABOUT OBAMA.
Sen. Barack Obama is a Muslim of Kenyan origins who studied in Islamic schools and whose campaign may have been financed by people in the Islamic and African worlds, Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi said during a recent televised national rally.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php ...
What does THIS have to do with Goose Creek Trail?
WoNdErInG

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Dec 30, 2009
What have they done with this money?
Studmonkey

Miami, FL

#6 Dec 30, 2009
wraith lover wrote:
I noticed your ISP address is in Livonia, Mich. I use to live there many years ago. There are many hiking trails in the Northeast Tn. area that I am sure you will enjoy. Good luck with your move.
ISP Address, ya spying or what?
One Hung Lo

Johnson City, TN

#7 Jan 2, 2010
WoNdErInG wrote:
What have they done with this money?
At last word, TDOT has not released the funds yet. They control when the funds are actually released, but it should be soon. Then, the project can begin. That is how most grants work.
JCRes

Kingsport, TN

#8 Jan 2, 2010
Where and when and what?
One Hung Lo

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jan 2, 2010
If you will check the title of this topic, it will actually explain most of it. This is a project for the walking and biking trails around Mountain City. It is part of the TDOT grants for recreation projects. Click the newspaper story, it will tell you more.
One Hung Lo

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jan 2, 2010
Oops, sorry that story doesn't seem to come up anymore. Anyway, it is over a year old, so the story must have been pulled from the site. But, Mayor Parsons and Alderman Walker met the Governor to receive the check on behalf of Mountain City, but the funds are held by TDOT until all prelimenary engineering is completed. I think that is mostly finished now. Terry Reece could tell you more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phil Bredesen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Most controversial Campfield moments (Jun '14) May 4 Just Saying 5
News Haslam, Ramsey (Aug '10) May '16 hellio 7
News Spring Hill gets $100,000 for skate park (Oct '10) Feb '16 jaybird 54
News I'd Like to Know: What to do about flyers on wi... (Jul '12) Oct '14 loliloli 6
News State briefs: State Democrats elect Roy Herron ... (May '13) May '13 Go away Roy 1
News Governor lauds Tennessee Rehab Center graduates (Jan '09) Feb '13 cierra clendening 5
News Governor Offers Reward to Solve Homicide (Nov '09) Oct '12 ghjf 2
More from around the web