Gov. Quinn rejects plan to expand Ill...

Gov. Quinn rejects plan to expand Ill. gambling

There are 9 comments on the SFGate story from Aug 28, 2012, titled Gov. Quinn rejects plan to expand Ill. gambling. In it, SFGate reports that:

Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday rejected a bill to expand gambling in Illinois, including a new land-based casino in Chicago, saying the proposal lacked sufficient regulatory oversight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#1 Aug 28, 2012
These casinos could have generated MILLIONS of dollars for the State of Illinois.

Could have opened up job opportunities.

Could have increase TOURISM to Illinois.

Guess he'd rather keep skinning the taxpayers by already having raised the state income tax from 3% to 5%.

(Believe it or not there were people who set up pickets by the state capitol and DEMANDED he raise the income tax, so he did !! Quinn believes in REDISTRIBUTING the wealth by TAKING from the HAVEs and giving to the HAVE NOTs.)
Huh

AOL

#3 Aug 28, 2012
This is Illinois. The ONLY jobs that matter to the Machine are public employee jobs. Their Unions pay for the campaigns of the Machine.

Casinos are private businesses which don't use public employees so they don't benefit the Machine in Chi Town or Springfield.
GOPher Broke

Springfield, PA

#5 Aug 28, 2012
Het Eleanor what do you think Casinos do???
.
How many people lose their paychecks at those places and have to do something to make up for the loss??
.
At least your taxes can possibly spent on something which benefits everyone...
.
rather than just making the Casinos fancier and their owners richer...
.
I don't see a lot of tourist dollars out there since almost everywhere already has these stupid gambling houses...
.
Try as I might I can't see gambling as an "industry"... Sorry...

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#6 Aug 28, 2012
GOPher Broke wrote:
Het Eleanor what do you think Casinos do???
.
How many people lose their paychecks at those places and have to do something to make up for the loss??
.
At least your taxes can possibly spent on something which benefits everyone...
.
rather than just making the Casinos fancier and their owners richer...
.
I don't see a lot of tourist dollars out there since almost everywhere already has these stupid gambling houses...
.
Try as I might I can't see gambling as an "industry"... Sorry...
idiot!
WHO puts a gun up to their head and forces them to gamble?
personal responsibility really DOESN'T have a place in the liberal lexicon, does it.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#7 Aug 28, 2012
Huh wrote:
This is Illinois. The ONLY jobs that matter to the Machine are public employee jobs. Their Unions pay for the campaigns of the Machine.
Casinos are private businesses which don't use public employees so they don't benefit the Machine in Chi Town or Springfield.
you're right about it being illinois...
so obviously, ryan's cut wasn't large enough

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Aug 28, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot!
WHO puts a gun up to their head and forces them to gamble?
personal responsibility really DOESN'T have a place in the liberal lexicon, does it.
How do you feel about our nations drug laws?

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#9 Aug 28, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about our nations drug laws?
i don't use drugs.
but if you want to fry your brain...help yourself.
just don't steal from me to pay for them. i WILL shoot you.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#10 Aug 28, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't use drugs.
but if you want to fry your brain...help yourself.
just don't steal from me to pay for them. i WILL shoot you.
So do you think drugs laws should be done away with? Come on answer the question....

I dont use drugs either.....Not about the drugs really...You said you did not want government telling you what to do.....DRUG LAWS ARE JUST THAT..

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#11 Aug 28, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you think drugs laws should be done away with? Come on answer the question....
I dont use drugs either.....Not about the drugs really...You said you did not want government telling you what to do.....DRUG LAWS ARE JUST THAT..
THIS is what i said...
"WHO puts a gun up to their head and forces them to gamble?
personal responsibility really DOESN'T have a place in the liberal lexicon, does it."

has reading comprehension always been a problem for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pat Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) Jul '16 JackArmStrong 52,074
News Ex-Illinois governor petitions for Chicago mayo... Jun '16 Ferrisbueller 2
News Blue Island eyes rowing center, larger marina (Jul '14) May '16 Raise the Bar 77
News Kadner: Rita serious about state-owned casino (Mar '14) Sep '15 DMF 74
News Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner Cuts Funds For Indig... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Matt Kennedy 1
News Illinois Cops: Concealed Carry Law A 'Non-Event... (Jan '15) Jan '15 SSG MP American Joe 3
News a New Illinois cyber bully law lets teachers ac... (Jan '15) Jan '15 utopiannightmare 1
More from around the web