More States Let Unauthorized Immigrants Take The Wheel

Jun 23, 2013 Full story: GPB.org 11

Immigrant advocates use an image of New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez on a mock state driver's license during a 2012 rally in Santa Fe to protest her proposal to repeal a state law that allows illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses.

Full Story
magadala

Vashon, WA

#1 Jun 23, 2013
And they wonder why they keep coming! Amazing!
Let's see if it's true, driver's licenses make illegal aliens drive safer. You and I both know it isn't true, they will still do what they want!

You guys hear about the Saudi Arabian teen who was driving at least 100mph on LA streets, car loaded with teens. Car struck a pole/tree, and was split in half (no fire like Hastings!). This teen was on a learner's permit that required that he have a licensed driver in the car. He had been stopped earlier because of something he did to supe up the car in violation of law, and I believe that he and his parents are/were visa overstays. Maybe if more illegal aliens get driver's licenses they will do better.
Side note on the Saudia Arabian "kid": The thing I noted was that he was the only one with an Arabian/Middle Eastern sounding name, the rest were hispanic. I got it! Middle Easterners, etc. burrow into hispanic cultures/neighborhoods and go undetected...as in this case!!!
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Jun 23, 2013
magadala wrote:
And they wonder why they keep coming! Amazing!
Let's see if it's true, driver's licenses make illegal aliens drive safer. You and I both know it isn't true, they will still do what they want!
You guys hear about the Saudi Arabian teen who was driving at least 100mph on LA streets, car loaded with teens. Car struck a pole/tree, and was split in half (no fire like Hastings!). This teen was on a learner's permit that required that he have a licensed driver in the car. He had been stopped earlier because of something he did to supe up the car in violation of law, and I believe that he and his parents are/were visa overstays. Maybe if more illegal aliens get driver's licenses they will do better.
Side note on the Saudia Arabian "kid": The thing I noted was that he was the only one with an Arabian/Middle Eastern sounding name, the rest were hispanic. I got it! Middle Easterners, etc. burrow into hispanic cultures/neighborhoods and go undetected...as in this case!!!
Do you really think this is a good painting job?
Brenda besson

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2013
They need the id to buy beer.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2013
How do ILLEGAL immigrants pay their car insurance? More importantly will they bother to pay for car insurance. Will they lose their vehicle for driving without insurance?
Juan Too

United States

#5 Jun 24, 2013
It is a well known fact that, on the average, Hispanics tend to drive safest, irregardless of nationality.

The worst are Asian females. Asian Guy can attest to this.
No Amnesty

El Paso, TX

#6 Jun 24, 2013
What are this clueless politicians thinking. Just like the Federal government, this politicians are hurting the country and it's citizens. All hell is going to break loose if this bill passes. The Federal government could care less about this country.
Brenda besson

United States

#7 Jun 24, 2013
No Amnesty wrote:
What are this clueless politicians thinking. Just like the Federal government, this politicians are hurting the country and it's citizens. All hell is going to break loose if this bill passes. The Federal government could care less about this country.
you got that right,and all hell is going to break loose but it wont pass.call all your senators get active,start crying tell them they are breaking up your family lol

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#9 Jun 25, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you really think this is a good painting job?
The Cost of Sanctuary Policies

May 14, 2012 By Jack Martin

A recent criminal case in California highlights the human costs of looking the other way when illegal aliens are apprehended and then turned loose rather than being placed on deportation proceedings.

Marcos Lopez Garcia, an illegal alien, pled guilty to manslaughter in a hit-and-run case that killed a 4-year-old in Santa Rosa, California, in August 2011.
He now faces a 5 year sentence. Lopez had two prior arrests
for driving without a license and without insurance, most recently in June 2010. At that time he was given a one-year conditional sentence.(See Sacramento Bee, May 14, 2012, and KSRO News, May 11, 2012)

The news accounts do not explain why Lopez was not reported to the
immigration authorities, although the likely explanation is misguided sanctuary policies.
But, even if he had been turned over to the authorities,
under the current prioritization policy of the administration, Lopez would not have been a priority case, and likely would not have been taken into custody by ICE.

http://immigrationreform.com/2012/05/14/the-c...

Now stop whining!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#10 Jun 25, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
It is a well known fact that, on the average, Hispanics tend to drive safest, irregardless of nationality.

Illegal immigrant faces 6th drunk driving charge

BOXBORO, Mass.-- An illegal immigrant was in court Monday to face his sixth
drunk driving offense. Boxboro police said they pulled over the driver for a
suspended registration.

Eduardo Torres, 48, was arrested Saturday night. He was arraigned Monday
morning and was set to be held in police custody until a dangerousness
hearing could be held. He faces charges that include driving under the
influence and driving with a suspended driver's license and registration.

Torres was pulled over for an expired inspection sticker. Police say he gave
a false name, failed a sobriety test and had an open beer in the car.
Authorities had to fingerprint him to find out his real identity.

"He was from Mexico, here illegally, he had been previously deported and we
had several aliases associated with him. Obviously when he spoke to the
officer the first time he gave an alias -- a fake name," said Chief Warren
Ryder of the Boxboro Police Department.

Torres' arraignment comes on the same day a bipartisan group of state
lawmakers rolled out a new immigration bill that would, among other things,
increase penalties for driving without a license.

Read more:
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/metr...
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#11 Jun 27, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
Wrong....I'm driving in the passing lane on the Freeway and I'll come up on a car full of you know who driving 45 MPH... afraid they'll get pulled over, caught here, and deported. They are the absolute worse driver's in the Nation. They should never be allowed to drive here ever.....Not too mention they never buy insurance and kill hundreds on our roadways every year....
Ollie

Germantown, MD

#13 Jun 28, 2013
Where is common sense? Illegal is illegal! Why are we allowing them to drive, or live in America? If the liberals want to hand over the keys - so to speak - maybe they should allow them to live in their neighborhoods! Or, better yet, become a host family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pat Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min You Go Bye Bye 49,870
Kadner: Company seeks to open marijuana store i... 21 hr Ex Smart Guy 5
School to begin in Chicago with more safety guards Sep 13 WELL GOLLEEE JETHRO 5
College students sound off over new smoking ban Sep 7 Billdickwad 10
Officials to mull whether puppies must be stric... Sep 6 Earth Fart 3
School to begin in Chicago with more guards lin... Sep 5 fedupwiththemess 1
Chicago school year to begin with more safety g... Sep 3 Cat74 4
•••

Pat Quinn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••