Currie quits in protest of DA appointment

Jul 29, 2013 Full story: Brantley Enterprise 8

George Barnhill, right, was recommended by resigning DA Rick Currie to take over the DA post, but the governor chose someone else with less experience - a lot less, according to Currie Former Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney Rick Currie has announced he is leaving the office in protest of the governor's appointment to fill his post.

Full Story
Hammermill

Savannah, GA

#1 Jul 31, 2013
It appears that politics is a major player with the Governors appointment of young Mr. Collins. I would think Governor Deal would put the good the people before any political agenda, wrong. Having voted for Mr. Deal I am truly disappointed with his choice. I don't know Mr. Collins but feel his youth and lack of experience as a trial attorney will offer little to nothing in the way of leadership as the District Attorney.
Also, I don't know it for a fact but coffee shop rumor is.......only Barnhill and Hayes made appearances in Atlanta for interviews. When the fix is in, the fix is in....
Waycrossian

Metter, GA

#2 Jul 31, 2013
Hammermill wrote:
Also, I don't know it for a fact but coffee shop rumor is.......only Barnhill and Hayes made appearances in Atlanta for interviews. When the fix is in, the fix is in....
From what I've heard, that's true. Though the reason was because he was in the Augusta Burn Ward with burns over 30% of his body, as was reported in other sources.
Friend of Waycross

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Jul 31, 2013
Why is the waycross paper refusing to put this in the news??? It was on the front page of the florida times union!!!http://jacksonville.co m/news/georgia/2013-07-30/stor y/retired-waycross-da-wants-go vernor-rescind-appointment-his -successor

He did do a phone interview but I am not sure what he would of talked about because he has not done anything noteworthy. Either the governor was handed money, for some reason wants to punish south georgia again, or some more sinister plan. It does not make sense that someone would allow a man with no experience in charge of a office that handles thousands of cases a year when he has only tried four in his whole life. Sounds like a perfect time to commit a crime in the waycross district get off because the state will have no experience and defense attorneys will destroy that little boy!!!
Corruption Alert

Waycross, GA

#4 Aug 1, 2013
Either Collins wasn't properly vetted or Collins and Deal have got something going on. Collins couldn't get a job in the private sector I assure you.

1) No experience
2) Obviously unqualified
3) Fired in June as ADA.
4) Very questionable character

Only in government could this guy get a job. But then again we are living in the age of Weiner, Spitzer and Sanford.
yeah

Ford City, PA

#5 Aug 2, 2013
sour grapes. like to see Currie make it in the private sector.
anonymous

Bradford, UK

#6 Aug 5, 2013
Currie quits in protest of DA appointment - no he was asked to leave office. He was supposed to have quit end Of May 2013. He has no more office just wait only once he is truly gone Dick or Rick as you call him will not be eating much more pumpkin pie. He won't be getting any more government work nor will he be a judge in his life time. All he will be a a self proclaimed god like figure with "Sour Grapes" edged into his fore head.
anonymous

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8 Aug 8, 2013
court worker wrote:
anonymous's real name is Phillip Spicer, he is an Ex-waycrossian and nowadays a convicted felon, care of Currie and friends. He is currently evading the FBI and hiding out in the United Kingdom, see the small print under his name. Spicer harasses the DA's Office with weekly profane and vulgar emails and faxes from the UK, just like the above garbage. The FBI sort of is and sort of is not looking for him because of his juvenile rants and threats but really as long as he stays across the ocean... good. So America, consider the source when reading his nutty drivel.
We welcome any effort by the FBI or your self pro claimed god like status Super Human Beings at The Ware County DA Office on extradition 1.) you won't get it 2) In fact there are criminal charges pending against Currie and others here in the UK they were just waiting for him to leave office so i hear so others will be leaving office soon along with Currie so the case against Ware County Court House is alive and kicking 3.) Why do you think certain Brits did not get extradited to the USA, Yes all thanks to Ware County Court house ha ha ha stupid Court House, Yes Theresa May our home secretary got every thing on the crap you pulled on me in 2007 so certain Brits are thanking you for not being extradited. A convicted felon actually you got that all wrong no i am not. In the UK and Europe we have whats called here human rights in fact we love to harbor terrorists that really hate Americans IDK Why i don't know of any personally I don't think so. In fact your god pro claimed ego manics at the court house have no clue about human rights, keep your racist crap up just helps me out a bunch so keep writing stupid crap on here, its really amusing just shows you how pathetic stupid and racist you are. You will get whats coming to you legally Ware County Court House. FBI have got my number just recently we exchanged friendly texts so I am still sleeping at night time double bed fish and chips. So Big deal FBI big guns US Marshall's s they are not welcome here either, i don't think so.
Josh

Waycross, GA

#9 Aug 11, 2013
Definitely a reason why Currie left. Waycross is scared of change!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nathan Deal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US stocks start lower Dec 16 Anthony V 104
Nathan Deal stopped in Albany to campaign Monday Nov '14 BIG TRIMMAN 1
Judge Allen asks Gov. Deal to consider race and... (Sep '13) Oct '14 MGM46 14
What's more contagious than Ebola? Anxiety Oct '14 obama the clown 3
Woman arrested for allegedly beating, choking dog Oct '14 LaQuazalita 1
Journalist arrested at public event for Georgia... Sep '14 mr-citizen 1
Gov. Deal pushes for clinical drug trials of ma... Jul '14 Tristen 1
More from around the web