Construction set on Arkansas State's ...

Construction set on Arkansas State's Mexico campus

There are 17 comments on the KAIT-TV story from Nov 1, 2013, titled Construction set on Arkansas State's Mexico campus. In it, KAIT-TV reports that:

JONESBORO, AR - The chancellor of Arkansas State University says construction is scheduled to begin in February on ASU's campus in Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV.

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#5 Nov 3, 2013
Our tax dollars at work. Sheesh.
hmmmm

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6 Nov 3, 2013
Well dont you want them people to get as good a education as them people here? hahahahahahaha

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Nov 3, 2013
guest wrote:
Our tax dollars at work. Sheesh.
Actually it is privately funded.

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#8 Nov 3, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is privately funded.
Stop your liberal BS. That lie got old even before your messiah, Obama, started using it for every damned thing he's wasting our tax dollars on.

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Nov 3, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your liberal BS. That lie got old even before your messiah, Obama, started using it for every damned thing he's wasting our tax dollars on.
So because I disagree with you and told the truth I am a liberal Obama lover? You have never been so wrong. Go troll somewhere else. People like you are what give conservatives a bad name.
Transparent

UK

#10 Nov 3, 2013
Each Day Our Masters Continue the Game,
Pushing Agenda with More of the Same,
Under Freedom of Information, There'll be Proof,
In Fifty Years They'll Come Out with the Truth,
'Course by Then No One Will Care,
Programmed Neurons Will be Unable to Dare
Put Together this Great Jigsaw Puzzle,
Kept Secret from Plebs by Media's Muzzle,
Important Stuff's Secret for Perpetuity,
All Under Guise of National Security,
This Ruling Oligarchy's So Much to Hide,
It's Only to the "Well-Tested" They Confide,
Yet for the Public, We're an Open Book,
So Feds and Agencies can Laugh and Look,
Nothing to be Hidden, Even Moments Delicious,
Trying to Complain Makes One Suspicious,
Yes, Only the Masters Can have a Ball,
Then Use National Security to Hide it All
Curious

United States

#11 Nov 3, 2013
Wonder why the rep from Mexico is coming to speak about this project in Little Rock and not here?

Also, can't find ANY info on the nonprofit corp providing a huge part if the funding. The Association for the Advancement of Mexican Education. Maybe somebody else could provide some info on them.
zzz

Lees Summit, MO

#12 Nov 4, 2013
It only makes sense for a backwards university to set up shop in a backwards country.
AlGore

Springdale, AR

#13 Nov 4, 2013
I love CanAmerIco!

It's been very, very good to me.

United States

#15 Nov 5, 2013
zzz wrote:
It only makes sense for a backwards university to set up shop in a backwards country.

Just like most other major universities.....

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Nov 6, 2013
sounds like meth-ixco figured out another way to dig thier tunnels to the usa.
student

Beebe, AR

#17 Nov 13, 2013
Good School

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#19 Nov 13, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>You're Republican State Legislators at work for themselves.
Tut, tut, tut; you must be a libtard ASU grad. "You're" should have been "Your" in this case. Even if you'd gotten it right you'd still have been wrong, though. It's the dumbocrats who've been in control completely since 2006, two years before King Dumbobama swore himself in on the Koran.
Garibaldi

Conway, AR

#20 Nov 13, 2013
Queretaro is one of the richest parts of Mexico. They want to establish a university in their state that provides an education primarily in English that has accreditation in the US. The quickest way to do that is to associate with a US university, use their curriculum, and piggyback on their accreditation. The richies in that area are providing the land, buildings, and funding. They chose ASU primarily because of their existing relationship with Beebe and other Arkansas politicians through the consulate in Little Rock.

Here is a list of other universities with branch campuses overseas. There are lots, but ASU will be the first in Arkansas.

http://www.globalhighered.org/branchcampuses....
zzz

Lees Summit, MO

#21 Nov 13, 2013
I must wonder if they will teach the mexicans that the tooth brush was invented in Arkansas?If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teeth brush!!!
Garibaldi

Conway, AR

#22 Nov 13, 2013
zzz wrote:
I must wonder if they will teach the mexicans that the tooth brush was invented in Arkansas?If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called a teeth brush!!!
Found great-grandpa's joke book.
zzz

Lees Summit, MO

#23 Nov 13, 2013
Garibaldi wrote:
<quoted text>
Found great-grandpa's joke book.
NO!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Beebe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Big River Steel Mill Rises in Northeast Arkansas (Nov '15) Dec '15 guest 18
News Pardoned vet asks about lawman job (Oct '15) Oct '15 assickasi 9
News Push for "Open Carry" in Arkansas (Jan '11) Aug '15 Steve 28
News Bills paving way to raises fly through Legislature (Mar '15) Mar '15 Local Views 1
News Beebe says he's still opposed to gay marriage (Dec '14) Dec '14 TomInElPaso 16
News Log Cabin Democrat reporter digs into the detai... (Nov '14) Nov '14 thelawdog 1
News Beebe appoints retired Harrison judge as specia... (Oct '14) Oct '14 yankeedudell 3
More from around the web