Oklahoma House Approves 'Swing Low, S...

Oklahoma House Approves 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' As State Gospel Song

There are 3 comments on the NewsOn6 Tulsa story from Apr 25, 2011, titled Oklahoma House Approves 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' As State Gospel Song. In it, NewsOn6 Tulsa reports that:

The Oklahoma House has named "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" as the official gospel song of the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOn6 Tulsa.

Buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#1 Apr 25, 2011
This is so pathetic I have to laugh to keep from screaming! What a stupid, moronic waste of time and the people's tax money. Anything to get their name on a new bill. What's next, you idiot, a state dance?

Of course, we all know it's just a ploy to keep the sheep in line and the shepherds in office.

christianity is destroying the world one Senate bill at a time.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 25, 2011
Buckwheat wrote:
This is so pathetic I have to laugh to keep from screaming! What a stupid, moronic waste of time and the people's tax money. Anything to get their name on a new bill. What's next, you idiot, a state dance?
Of course, we all know it's just a ploy to keep the sheep in line and the shepherds in office.
christianity is destroying the world one Senate bill at a time.
next up,

The Official Bible of Oklahoma (King James unabridged but only the passages you like)

The official country song of Oklahoma (Dropkick me Jesus through the goalposts of life)

The Official Expletive of Oklahoma ( Jesus H. Christ on a Harley)

The Official Military song of Oklahoma ( Praise the lord and pass the ammunition)

The Official Request for Federal disaster relief song (Money by Pink Floyd)

The Official Anti Muslim song (God's gonna get you for that.)
Jimmy Swaggart

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Apr 26, 2011
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
next up,
The Official Bible of Oklahoma (King James unabridged but only the passages you like)
The official country song of Oklahoma (Dropkick me Jesus through the goalposts of life)
The Official Expletive of Oklahoma ( Jesus H. Christ on a Harley)
The Official Military song of Oklahoma ( Praise the lord and pass the ammunition)
The Official Request for Federal disaster relief song (Money by Pink Floyd)
The Official Anti Muslim song (God's gonna get you for that.)
You forgot to mention that the official Bible needs to be in English only..as God spoketh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "We can't keep doing the same old thing," Falli... Feb 5 hitthesnooze 1
News What's the matter with Oklahoma? Feb 4 whatswrong 1
News Lamb tries to distance himself from state Capit... Feb 1 overtherelooknow 1
News Crowds awed as massive bridge span swings into ... Jan 30 Bob Up 2
News Who Should Run Public Education? Jan 27 ithink 1
News Gov. Fallin Puts Pressure On Law Enforcement To... Jan '18 utoo 2
News New Poll Shows Oklahomans Unhappy With Gov., La... Jan '18 differntface 1
More from around the web