Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin opposes minimum wage increase

Feb 22, 2014 Full story: NewsOK.com 6

Gov. Mary Fallin, preparing to lead a national conference of governors, rejected President Barack Obama's call to raise the minimum wage and defended Common Core academic standards that have generated opposition in Oklahoma and other states.

Full Story
tariff

Sapulpa, OK

#1 Feb 23, 2014
Democrats , must get out and vote, she is against everything in Ok that supports the working poor and poor, I just hope the Christian bible belt voters adhere to the bible scriptures that immorality is a moral sin
bullmoose

Sapulpa, OK

#2 Feb 23, 2014
the Oklahoma forum bloggers call her mattress Mary, anyone know the story? Post it here for all of us to read
Paula Spilman

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2014
Why on earth would you oppose a minimum wage increase? Would you or could you live on that? A lot of teenage mothers out there that had to quit school and feed babies work harder than women with good jobs (because we all know the more someone makes the less labor intensive the job). Shame on you. It's the same way you are on medical marijuana, you oppose it because you can. I'm a 60 y/o ex- pediatric nurse with stage IV cancer in my back and leg that cause severe spinal stenosis, osteoarthriti that causes chronic pain and I haven't found an effective pain med yet. And I like a lot of us will not use marijuana for pain because its illegal only because you keep it that way. And those poor kids will seizures that they know it willstop them and you people in office are like ostrichs with your heads in the sand won't let it in and won't educate yourselves so you can know. I just hope those babies don't die, because yall want Oklahoma to stay the most backward non-caring state around. Again, shame on you.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Feb 24, 2014
People oppose a minimum wage hike, because it triggers a round of inflation, which harms others on fixed incomes by raising food prices every single time they do it. Further, it harms those actually performing well in their jobs and having worked themselves to a higher wage. They won't get a raise, so the inferior, entry level wage earner will distort wage scales and cause more unemployment, as the businesses have to lay off workers to accommodate the wage hikes for those deserving them the least.

Since the last minimum wage hike, food prices at the retail level have increased 1100-150% and still rising. These increases have also affected the restaurant industries with raises in their prices of 100%.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Feb 24, 2014
1100 typo means 100%
cowboy

Spanish Fork, UT

#7 Mar 3, 2014
Rational Tulsans wrote:
I had sex with Mary Fallin's daughter which caused her divorce. Her daughter likes black men.
LIAR!!!
It is well known that Rat Turd is a CHOMO who likes little boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Possibly No Marriage in Oklahoma? Democrats Spe... (Jan '14) Oct '14 El oh El 8
Oklahoma Lawmaker Urges Health Emergency Due To... Oct '14 Le Duped 1
Fallin creates council on seismic activity Sep '14 Eric 1
Doc: Inmate in botched execution died from IV Aug '14 Del 4
Obama Admin Punishes Oklahoma for Common Core R... Aug '14 Bama Yankee 1
Challenges to gay marriage bans: Where they stand Aug '14 Lawrence Wolf 64
Hugo Gymnastics Coach Convicted On All Charges ... Aug '14 curious bystander 1
More from around the web