Oklahoma Senate OKs bill targeting il...

Oklahoma Senate OKs bill targeting illegal immigrants

There are 13 comments on the WTTV Indianapolis story from Apr 27, 2011, titled Oklahoma Senate OKs bill targeting illegal immigrants. In it, WTTV Indianapolis reports that:

The Oklahoma Senate on Wednesday approved a bill that would create criminal penalties for undocumented immigrants who work in Oklahoma and those who smuggle them into the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTTV Indianapolis.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Make that Oklahoma Senate OKs bill targeting illegal aliens. Squeeze them out.
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Apr 28, 2011
spytheweb wrote:
Make that Oklahoma Senate OKs bill targeting illegal aliens. Squeeze them out.
Can we say great news?

"Oklahoma is one of several states -- including Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina and Utah -- where Republicans are pushing immigration measures reminiscent of the one that became law in Arizona a year ago. The Arizona law required police to investigate the immigration status of anyone they detained and suspected of being in the country illegally.

Under the Oklahoma measure, local police officers trained through a federal program would be authorized to ask about immigration status.

The bill would also make it a misdemeanor for undocumented immigrants to work, apply for work or solicit work in a public place. Convictions could result in up to a year in jail and/or a $500 fine.

In addition, the measure:

- Targets the common practice of employers hiring day workers who gather along roadways by making it a misdemeanor to stop a vehicle in a roadway and impede traffic while picking up workers. In addition, it prohibits undocumented workers from entering vehicles stopped in a roadway.

- Prohibits employers from hiring workers who do not have proper identification issued by state or federal authorities, but it does not call for any specific punishment for violations.

- Makes human smuggling for profit a felony offense punishable by no less than a year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine; it also allows for the forfeiture of vehicles used to smuggle illegal immigrants into the country.

- Repeals a section of Oklahoma law that enables undocumented immigrants in the state to pay in-state tuition for college."

Yippee Ki yea!
CitizenDreamer

Charlotte, NC

#6 Apr 28, 2011
An alternative headline would be: "Oklahoma Senate
Acknowledges Being Undocumented is Not Currently Illegal." I am not sure why making being out of status is the top priority in OK right now, but I am glad that all other problems are less pressing.

Unfortunately for the people of OK, these laws written for them by the Immigration Reform Law Institute are tests of legal theories. Testing those theories has proven very expensive for other states and localities that IRLI has duped into their scheme.

But since OK clearly has plenty of time and money, I guess they can invest their vast surplus any way they want, even if it is to enrich a bunch of out-of-state lawyers. For links to a couple of reports on these schemes, see: http://imagine2050.newcomm.org/2011/01/24/new...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#7 Apr 28, 2011
I hope the bill also targets the people who employ them.
sterco

Great Falls, MT

#8 Apr 28, 2011
CitizenDreamer wrote:
Acknowledges Being Undocumented is Not Currently Illegal." I am not sure why making being out of status is the top priority in OK right now, but I am glad that all other problems are less pressing.
Unfortunately for the people of OK, these laws written for them by the Immigration Reform Law Institute are tests of legal theories. Testing those theories has proven very expensive for other states and localities that IRLI has duped into their scheme.
But since OK clearly has plenty of time and money, I guess they can invest their vast surplus any way they want, even if it is to enrich a bunch of out-of-state lawyers. For links to a couple of reports on these schemes, see: http://imagine2050.newcomm.org/2011/01/24/new...
Damn you sound like somebody kicked your puppy!!!
Amexico

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 28, 2011
I will believe it only when the Gov signs the Bills. To many states Immigration bills crumbled in the end due to corruption and pressure from big business. You can bet if the Gov signs the bills, Obama's crew will file a complaint to block the bills. Pretty SAD our so called leader is only concern with helping Illegals.
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#11 Apr 28, 2011
CitizenDreamer wrote:
Wow, a lawbreaker here is threatening OK because they are doing the right thing and not falling for the blackmail that the liberals and the Democrats want to force on America! So, which pro-illegal immigrant group do you belong to?
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Apr 28, 2011
Quirky - 2 wrote:
I hope the bill also targets the people who employ them.
I agree too as we have the pro-illegal immigrant groups threatening their lawsuits because OK is for defending Americans and America.
Torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Amexico wrote:
I will believe it only when the Gov signs the Bills. To many states Immigration bills crumbled in the end due to corruption and pressure from big business. You can bet if the Gov signs the bills, Obama's crew will file a complaint to block the bills. Pretty SAD our so called leader is only concern with helping Illegals.
As usual by the Democrats which are so anti-American.
American Eagle

La Puente, CA

#14 Apr 28, 2011
Hey torch, how ya doing? I would have said the same in the past, but now the political parties have become so convoluted with corruption, none of them are for America and it's LEGAL citizens. It is way past time for Americans to grab hold and abolish our current government (it ain't working folks).

Since: Jan 11

United States

#15 Apr 28, 2011
Illegal Aliens are only a Detriment and not an Asset to our Country. Illegal Immigation provides Doctors, Scientist, Scholars and Engineers. Its your choice America.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#16 Apr 28, 2011
CitizenDreamer wrote:
'Out of status'....that is just TOO cute! SO much better than the ol' nasty 'undocumented'! The 'anti-immigrant' in your link is SOOO PC! Never let the truth screw up a good whine,such as 'anti ILLEGAL-immigrant'.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#17 Apr 28, 2011
CitizenDreamer wrote:
"Oklahoma Senate
Acknowledges Being Undocumented is Not Currently Illegal."

"Section 1325 in Title 8 of the United States Code, "Improper entry of alien", provides for a fine, imprisonment, or both for any immigrant who:[49]

1. enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration agents, or
2. eludes examination or inspection by immigration agents, or
3. attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact.

The maximum prison term is 6 months for the first offense and 2 years for any subsequent offense.'

Any illegal who is working maybe using someone's SS number which is a felony. Any illegal in the country may have already been deported for another crime or maybe wanted for a crime. You can't go by their name because they change it at a drop of a hat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fallin: Daughter's trailer at governor's mansio... 10 hr whois 3
News OK gov. links state's frequent earthquakes with... Aug 6 LeDuped 1
News At least six U.S. states move to arm National G... Jul '15 Black Annie 2
News Oklahoma is latest state to prevent local frack... May '15 states need cash ... 1
News Oklahoma City to host Republican presidential c... May '15 BFD 5
News Gov. Mary Fallin to sign bill banning texting w... May '15 Le Duped 1
News Oklahoma House approves cannabis oil study legi... Apr '15 Le Duped 1
More from around the web