Oklahoma Lawmakers Consider Preventing All Marriage: Report

Jan 25, 2014 Read more: The Huffington Post 6
Rep. Mike Turner told News 9 constituents in Oklahoma are "willing to have that discussion about whether marriage needs to be regulated by the state at all." Read more

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 28, 2014
This is just so out there I cannot believe straight people would even consider this.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#2 Jan 28, 2014
can you smell the desparation in the air, folks?

LOL
Cat74

Medinah, IL

#3 Jan 28, 2014
We know a couple that planned to have a child with no plans to marry. The child is 4 years old now, and the Mom is going to have another child by another man. Maybe we can revert back to caveman times when there weren't families at all, just breed like cave animals. Who needs civilized society anyway?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 28, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
We know a couple that planned to have a child with no plans to marry. The child is 4 years old now, and the Mom is going to have another child by another man. Maybe we can revert back to caveman times when there weren't families at all, just breed like cave animals. Who needs civilized society anyway?
We definitely don't need more people in the world. Overpopulation has caused enough problems. Shouldn't people be thankful for gays, birth control, and contraceptives?!
Cat74

Medinah, IL

#5 Jan 28, 2014
I am thankful for birth control, but I still don't want to buy "abortion Barbie's" Wendy should have to pay for her own Birth control, and so should any women that crawls into bed with every deadbeat in town. These silly women are scared they will lose their bed mates if they ask them to pay for birth control.
Paula Spilman

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2014
This state has become the most embaraasing, backward state known to man. Who suggested to do away with marriage altogether? It had to be some body that is married and wants a divorce and is too cheap to pay for one. I for one will never let some get rid of my marriage like they are God. You don't want gays to marry in Oklahoma because its against God's word, but you are willing for EVERYONE in the state to live in sin and produce what the bible calls basters? And what was the reason you didn't want to legalize marijuana even for medical use? Didn't you say it was to keep Oklahoma decent? OMG

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Colbert Destroys Oklahoma Governor For ... (Nov '13) Apr 15 swedenforever 36
News Oklahoma approves ban on second-trimester abort... Apr 9 Le Duped 1
News Oklahoma's Earthquakes Are Becoming Too Frequen... Apr 4 Ned 1
News Oklahoma bill would abolish state's role in gra... Mar 18 Good to Know 3
News Bill Gives Oklahoma Governor Sweeping New Powers Mar '15 Le Duped 1
News Fracking Creates Political, Legal Turmoil Feb '15 Tim 1
News Fracking Creates Political, Legal Turmoil Jan '15 Mac 1
More from around the web