Okla. death penalty group urges halt to execution
An Oklahoma group opposed to the death penalty is urging Gov. Mary Fallin to stop Tuesday's scheduled execution of a Kay County man convicted of raping and murdering his girlfriend's mother nearly 12 years ago.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTUL-TV Tulsa.
#1 Jun 25, 2013
Anti death penalty leadership would prefer sacrificing 6.3 million additional innocent murder victims to executing 1300 guilty murderer.
That really is their moral choice and they won't take no for an answer.
Innocents More At Risk Without the Death Penalty
THE DEATH PENALTY: SAVING MORE INNOCENT LIVES
"Opponents in capital punishment have blood on their hands", Dennis Prager, 11/29/05,
"A Death Penalty Red Herring: The Inanity and Hypocrisy of Perfection", Lester Jackson Ph.D.,
MORAL FOUNDATIONS FOR THE DEATH PENALTY.
1) Immanuel Kant: "If an offender has committed murder, he must die. In this case, no possible substitute can satisfy justice. For there is no parallel between death and even the most miserable life, so that there is no equality of crime and retribution unless the perpetrator is judicially put to death.". "A society that is not willing to demand a life of somebody who has taken somebody else's life is simply immoral."
2) Pope Pius XII; "When it is a question of the execution of a man condemned to death it is then reserved to the public power to deprive the condemned of the benefit of life, in expiation of his fault, when already, by his fault, he has dispossessed himself of the right to live." 9/14/52.
3) John Murray: "Nothing shows the moral bankruptcy of a people or of a generation more than disregard for the sanctity of human life." "... it is this same atrophy of moral fiber that appears in the plea for the abolition of the death penalty." "It is the sanctity of life that validates the death penalty for the crime of murder. It is the sense of this sanctity that constrains the demand for the infliction of this penalty. The deeper our regard for life the firmer will be our hold upon the penal sanction which the violation of that sanctity merit." (Page 122 of Principles of Conduct).
4) John Locke: "A criminal who, having renounced reason... hath, by the unjust violence and slaughter he hath committed upon one, declared war against all mankind, and therefore may be destroyed as a lion or tyger, one of those wild savage beasts with whom men can have no society nor security." And upon this is grounded the great law of Nature, "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed." Second Treatise of Civil Government.
5) Jean-Jacques Rousseau: "In killing the criminal, we destroy not so much a citizen as an enemy. The trial and judgments are proofs that he has broken the Social Contract, and so is no longer a member of the State." (The Social Contract).
6) Saint (& Pope) Pius V: "The just use of (executions), far from involving the crime of murder, is an act of paramount obedience to this (Fifth) Commandment which prohibits murder." "The Roman Catechism of the Council of Trent" (1566).
3200 additional pro death penalty quotes.
#2 Jun 25, 2013
YA'LL suck the BIBLE does not promote us to kill another person eye for an eye ridiculous but that's ok cause eveybody don't live in a glass house so throw stones now but at the of the day we'll see you at the gates... GOD BLESS
Add your comments below
|Trump names Fallin, other Oklahomans to agricul...||Aug 16||Jeff Brightone||1|
|S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort...||Jul '16||Retired SOF||179|
|Oklahoma lawmakers OK bill criminalizing perfor...||Jun '16||Retired SOF||105|
|South Carolina Gov. Haley signs bill banning ab...||May '16||Hostis Publicus||2|
|Oklahoma governor vetoes bill to jail abortion ...||May '16||Retired SOF||15|
|Oklahoma senator weighing options after abortio...||May '16||LeDuped||1|
|Oklahoma governor vetoes bill criminalizing abo...||May '16||The Unexpected||1|
Find what you want!
Search Mary Fallin Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC