City councilor calls for Tulsa mayor'...

City councilor calls for Tulsa mayor's ouster

There are 10 comments on the Tulsa World story from Mar 2, 2011, titled City councilor calls for Tulsa mayor's ouster. In it, Tulsa World reports that:

Councilor John Eagleton wants Mayor Dewey Bartlett ousted from office on allegations that he is guilty of violating his oath of office, malfeasance and criminal behavior over the past 14 months in office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tulsa World.

It is About Time

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2011
It is about time that someone had the balls to bring this behavior to someone's attention that might do something. Kudos to Councelor Eagleton in his attempt to get someone to hear what the good mayor has been doing for months. At the heart of the matter was an investigated criminal complaint, against the mayor and his chief of staff, that was swept under the rug by prosecuting agencies refusing to take the case. This mayor has become a tyrant and thinks he can take over city government with his abuses of power. It's about time this be stopped before it's too late.
Buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#2 Mar 2, 2011
Now if we can oust the entire city council we can start with a new bunch and hopefully get people in office who will put Tulsa and its citizens first.
VOTE THEM ALL OUT.
Aint it a SHAME

United States

#4 Mar 2, 2011
That America elected a Charlie Sheen Impersonator as President of the United States in 2012.
Nonya

Tulsa, OK

#5 Mar 2, 2011
My children behave better than the city counselors. What a bunch of spoiled brats.
Disgusted

United States

#6 Mar 2, 2011
A recall is in order, as is a change to the charter that would require a runoff in certain instances. Mayor Bartlett received well under half the votes cast, this scenario is hardly surprising. Seems reasonable enough, but really comes off as a clown in office. From what I can determine, his Father was a successful man, but Dewey Jr. has never really amounted to much.
Vandalia Guy

Douglas, GA

#7 Mar 2, 2011
Buckwheat wrote:
Now if we can oust the entire city council we can start with a new bunch and hopefully get people in office who will put Tulsa and its citizens first.
VOTE THEM ALL OUT.
Where we gona find some one thats not crooked? I guess another state other than Oklahoma.
Buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#8 Mar 2, 2011
Vandalia Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Where we gona find some one thats not crooked? I guess another state other than Oklahoma.
It won't be easy, but it's worth a try. If people vote to retain ANY of the current city council they deserve what they get. Pick the new council from non-professional politicians.
Vandalia Guy

Douglas, GA

#9 Mar 2, 2011
Buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>It won't be easy, but it's worth a try. If people vote to retain ANY of the current city council they deserve what they get. Pick the new council from non-professional politicians.
I have Dewey Bartlets Mothers wooden pair of ice skates she used to scate on swan lake with, obtained them when i bought an old house they owned over on Florence street. Maby we can use them for a lever to get Dewey to throw the towel in and stop all the nonsence and lies. P.S. the ice skate story is true, wish they belonged to a honest famous persons family.
Buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#10 Mar 2, 2011
Vandalia Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I have Dewey Bartlets Mothers wooden pair of ice skates she used to scate on swan lake with, obtained them when i bought an old house they owned over on Florence street. Maby we can use them for a lever to get Dewey to throw the towel in and stop all the nonsence and lies. P.S. the ice skate story is true, wish they belonged to a honest famous persons family.
Hang on to the skates. They will be worth a lot of money some day. Seriously.
Why is That

United States

#11 Mar 3, 2011
Buckwheat wrote:
VOTE THEM ALL OUT.
Why is that? Why do you want the council voted out? If it were not for the council questioning Bartlett's crazy behavior, the city would be so screwed up it would take years to fix. The police department is the prime example. Bartlett's refusal to even keep up with attrition at the TPD has caused a major manpower shortage that will not be fixed for many years. The council has a job to do and that job is to question the mayor's antics.....Let someone look into this and lets see what is said....Bartlett cannot do what he wants..this is not a dictatorship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma senator resigns to fight charges of hi... Mar 25 God 8
News Oklahoma House votes to roll back tax credit fo... Mar 10 Solarman 1
News Families Of DUI Victims Support New Oklahoma Da... Feb 27 moredata 1
News Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin says she's willing to... Feb '17 vetoed 1
News Bills would change how Oklahoma judges are chos... Feb '17 WarForOil 2
News Municipalities Leery Over Governor's Grocery Ta... Feb '17 justleary 2
News What To Expect At Today's State Of The State Ad... Feb '17 grandexpectations 1
More from around the web