Sales tax on clothes likely target for Dayton

Jan 19, 2013 Full story: Star Tribune

Legislators and business leaders are bracing for Gov. Mark Dayton to ask Minnesotans on Tuesday to pay sales taxes on more goods and services.

Full Story
kjdgar

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 20, 2013
What I don't like about this is when they were deciding what to raise taxes on last time, they bypassed clothes and raised taxes elsewhere. It seems they should reverse the other taxes they raised if they now want to entertain this idea. MN government is a prime example of a government too big, they keep needing to go back to the people to pay more so that they can keep spending. They need to keep in mind some people still haven't had a decent raise in 4 years.
PLANET

Carson City, NV

#2 Jan 23, 2013
WHY? because everything made in CHINA? thats why we have high taxes in clothes? woow!
PLANET

Carson City, NV

#3 Jan 23, 2013
AND they will never rise in 4.years ,because here we have fucked cheap labor from MEXICO and CHINA !Who are illegal.... I tell u example: i wass calling for a job for ALASKA-in one HOME CARE.The lady even barelly speak english and she say how I know her phone number....I say it was on web page...So I ask her who is she?She say why,I say u had an accent,and she say.Is a problem?And I say YES-because u are illegal here.So she hang up the phone!Where is ICE?!And checked the companies who hiring illegal cheap shet?
DENG

Nanjing, China

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Sales tax on clothes likely target for Dayton

SURE, JUST PLAN TO GIVE PEOPLE A WELL-PAYING AND PRODUCTIVE JOB AND TAXES WILL BE UNNECESSARY AND THE OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT WILL DISAPPEAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) Oct '14 who shagged my m... 1,606
First Lady Campaigns For Dayton And Franken In ... Oct '14 Obama the best 10
First Lady To Rally Voters In Minneapolis Oct '14 cantmakeitup 4
Exhibit celebrates Tuskegee airmen Jul '14 Richies Cool Man ... 2
Dayton: NFL requests 'way overboard'Dayton: NFL... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Uncle Si 1
MNsure interim CEO faces DWI charge (Mar '14) May '14 Drunk Drivers Kill 2
DFL leaders announce minimum wage deal (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mark 2
More from around the web