ABC's 'Body of Proof' renewed, but wi...

ABC's 'Body of Proof' renewed, but will leave RI

There are 2 comments on the Providence Journal story from May 16, 2011, titled ABC's 'Body of Proof' renewed, but will leave RI. In it, Providence Journal reports that:

"Body of Proof," the ABC investigative crime series starring Dana Delany whose first season was shot entirely in Rhode Island, has been renewed for a second season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Providence Journal.

Chiku Mamadou

Boston, MA

#1 May 17, 2011
I'm really sad to see Body of Proof leave Rhode Island. It's a lost opportunity for the New England film industry and the state. How polite of them to say they wanted to be closer to home when really they were afraid of admitting the threat of losing the film tax credit was the real catalyst for moving. Look at what the threat of losing the film tax credit did to Massachusetts. The films left. Now that Massachusetts haws assured Hollywood it be there filming in that state has picked up.

“Bring Back the Bush!”

Since: Jul 10

Ventura

#2 May 30, 2012
This happens throughout California a lot. The bottom line is that the film and television industry is a business. Businesses operate in locations where it's most cost-affective. If a state or country is going to allow a crew to film less expensively than another, that's where they go. If Rhode Island wants to profit by filming I their state, it needs to make it worthwhile for the industry to do so. Considering the show takes place in Philadelphia anyway, it doesn't appear critical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lincoln Chafee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News | EDITORIAL: Kudos to Governor Chafee, Now... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Steve57 1
News Providence Journal Company v. Rhode Island Depa... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Lucy Jane 2
News Benghazi hearing ends after extraordinary 11-ho... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Mikey 4
News Gov. Chafee Drops Out of Democratic Presidentia... (Oct '15) Oct '15 John McCharlie 7
News Democrats crush Republicans in grammar; Lincoln... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Mikey 15
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Democrats face off in first debate in Las Vegas (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 12
More from around the web