Impact of Sebelius leaving

Impact of Sebelius leaving

There are 8 comments on the Arkansas City Traveler story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Impact of Sebelius leaving. In it, Arkansas City Traveler reports that:

Groups on both sides aren't sure what's going to happen with a bill described by anti-abortion groups as an attempt to strengthen enforcement of Kansas' existing restrictions on late-term abortions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas City Traveler.

john

Overland Park, KS

#1 Apr 14, 2009
The new guy can't be worse.
drk

Concord, NH

#2 Apr 14, 2009
The new guy better be for renewable energy and wind farms. The last thing KS needs are coal plants in western KS exporting 90% of the electricity to greedy Colorado people.
john

Overland Park, KS

#3 Apr 14, 2009
drk wrote:
The new guy better be for renewable energy and wind farms. The last thing KS needs are coal plants in western KS exporting 90% of the electricity to greedy Colorado people.
Do you support wind farms in Mass? Do you support the wave farms?
drk

Concord, NH

#5 Apr 15, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support wind farms in Mass? Do you support the wave farms?
Yes. However, I do support proper siting which is necessary for all renewable energy projects. I am in the Geographic Information Systems career field so they rely on us to give the best data analysis of a proposed site.

I am a former KS resident so I do know about some of the local issues there through family contacts.
drk

Concord, NH

#6 Apr 15, 2009
Thom D wrote:
Let's see, uh, what will be the impact of Sebelius leaving?
All of Kansas will rejoice!!!!!!
By the way, the guy replacing her is just as liberal.
He was a long time Republican from JoCo, but that was in name only.
At one time, you had to be a Republican to win in JoCo........hence all the liberal Democrats ran as Republicans.
And I have seen his temper when he doesn't get his way.
Not much will change.
The Republicans could give a flying leap about the fiscal conservatives in their own party. The Republican party has been completely taken over by the southern socially conservative element. Most Americans realize this and that is why the party must go into reorganization mode to attract a stronger base. A base that includes lots of staunch social conservatives and doomsdayer neocons is not going to work in the present time.
john

Overland Park, KS

#7 Apr 16, 2009
drk wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. However, I do support proper siting which is necessary for all renewable energy projects. I am in the Geographic Information Systems career field so they rely on us to give the best data analysis of a proposed site.
I am a former KS resident so I do know about some of the local issues there through family contacts.
I can't believe you left God's country for Mass. Anybody can love the mountains, but it takes true soul to love the prairie.

I had a job several years ago that required travel to the New England area. I know some groups opposed wind and wave farms in Mass. Many didn't want them to block their view.
drk

Concord, NH

#8 Apr 16, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you left God's country for Mass. Anybody can love the mountains, but it takes true soul to love the prairie.
I had a job several years ago that required travel to the New England area. I know some groups opposed wind and wave farms in Mass. Many didn't want them to block their view.
I live in NH. The blue font is the IP server location.
drk

Concord, NH

#9 Apr 16, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you left God's country for Mass.
Hmm, most middle aged people and younger leave the Plains and Midwest states for better career advancement opportunities. The wage scale in Kansas City was extremely low compared to where I took my job offer. I also wanted a change of scenery as I was tired of being in a land-locked location with horribly hot summers. The only friends I know who still live in the KC area are there because of family reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kathleen Sebelius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kan. gov, utility CEO announce deal on coal pla... (May '09) Apr '16 litesong 65
News A Kansas group's push to oust judges exposes a ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
News The Power of Chirlane McCray (May '14) May '14 Guest 1
News Spokeswoman: Sebelius Not Considering US Senate (Apr '14) Apr '14 conservative crapola 19
News Kathleen Sebelius to Resign HHS Post (Apr '14) Apr '14 Le Jimbo 51
News Senate Democrats upbeat about confirming Burwell (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sterkfontei Swart... 2
News Sebelius a finalist for Timea s Person of the Year (Dec '13) Dec '13 Eddie 1