Archbishop Defends Criticism of Kan. Governor

Mar 14, 2009 | Posted by: lois sprague | Full story: www.nbcactionnews.com

The Roman Catholic archbishop of Kansas City, Kan., isn't backing off of his criticism of the nomination of Gov.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2009

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Perhaps he'd rather have Fred Phelps, a good pro-life man....

Since: Jan 07

Phoenix AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Boy, these RC clerics are meddling more and more into politics, aren't they?
Their organizations should be taxed like other secular organizations that deal in politics. Why should they be allowed such influence when they don't contribute to the public burse?

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Reminds me of the bad old days when romans (Vatican) thought they ruled the world...
The REAL Deal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Time to pay for Bush's war. Bush was a christian. Tax every church in America and the war is paid for.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

The REAL Deal wrote:
Time to pay for Bush's war. Bush was a christian. Tax every church in America and the war is paid for.
Bush was a "christian" like Fred Phelps is a "christian"...
lynnette

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

The REAL Deal wrote:
Those who supported the war - Christian or not - should pay for the war. those who opposed it should not. It was a war of choice, not necessity. and Bush lied us into the war. But certainly some Christians opposed the war. I do not believe in generalizing about any religious group - maybe about certain cults, where they are all brainwashed or compelled to think alike.
lynnette

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Candidly, there are many who think that Israel wants the U. S. to go to war on their behalf in the Middle East, Iran and/or Iraq. So obviously a Jewish person who supports the war should pay for it, also. Not just Christians! Even free-thinkers who supported the war should be willing to pay for it. But I would not say that those who believed it in the begging, when we were lied to, and before the truth started coming out, and then changed their minds, and realized the mistake - owe as much who support the war all the way through the Bush Administration and still want it to continue. If good Christians do not want to pay, as taxpayers, for abortions, for the poor, or women in the military or who work for the government, then they should also be opposing killing in an unjust war. That is good Catholic doctrine - do not kill in an unjust war. But the hierarchy allows disagreements about waht is just or unjust - leaves it up to the consceieces of the individual. Not so with abortion. Inconsistent?
The REAL Deal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2009

lynnette wrote:
<quoted text> Those who supported the war - Christian or not - should pay for the war. those who opposed it should not. It was a war of choice, not necessity. and Bush lied us into the war. But certainly some Christians opposed the war. I do not believe in generalizing about any religious group - maybe about certain cults, where they are all brainwashed or compelled to think alike.
Like Christians and Muslims?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••