New Kan. law: Before abortions, offer ultrasounds

Mar 28, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Herald

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius signed a bill Friday to ensure that women and girls seeking abortions in Kansas are allowed to see ultrasound images or hear their fetus' heartbeat before the procedure.

Comments
1 - 20 of 1,563 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2011
First Prev
of 79
Next Last
pro choice mom KC

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Judged:

That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of. It is a hard enough choice to make in the first place and then for someone to say "hey wanna see your baby before you rip it to shreds". What the F#*K is wrong with this country. It is not the public's choice to force a Dr. to ask me if I want an ultrasound or to hear the heartbeat of a child that I do not intend to bring in to this world, and for you pro=lifers, do want to adopt and raise all of the unwanted children that you want us to have? If not shut the f&*k up and mind your own business. Accidents and mistakes hapen on a daily basis not everyone makes the right CHOICE all of the time and shame on you for judgement.

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Judged:

pro choice mom KC wrote:
That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of. It is a hard enough choice to make in the first place and then for someone to say "hey wanna see your baby before you rip it to shreds". What the F#*K is wrong with this country. It is not the public's choice to force a Dr. to ask me if I want an ultrasound or to hear the heartbeat of a child that I do not intend to bring in to this world, and for you pro=lifers, do want to adopt and raise all of the unwanted children that you want us to have? If not shut the f&*k up and mind your own business. Accidents and mistakes hapen on a daily basis not everyone makes the right CHOICE all of the time and shame on you for judgement.
Why so much anger and hate?

Since: Nov 07

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Judged:

pro choice mom KC wrote:
What's absurd about it? Just another way for people to cover their rears. Without the law, eventually, someone will sue the doctor because he DIDN'T offer to show the ultrasound. Anyway, all the Doc has to do is offer and go on. There's no rule about forcing it on the mother. It sounds as if you feel guilty about being pro-choice. On the adoption excuse: there are thousands and thousands of couples who wish to adopt and are put off by government regulations or lack of money. Do even go there. Why are you so filled with hate?
newanarchy

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

Why is it always the hick states that come up with this ridicules crap?

Parsons, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

newanarchy wrote:
Hick state? The state with more miles of highway than nearly any other state?
Or are you talking about the state that produced Dwight Eisenhower, Gordon Parks, Frederic Remington, and Walter P. Chrysler?
xxxx

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

newanarchy wrote:
Kansas, hick state? "LOL" Overlandk Park, Johnson County, hick? Know your facts first!! LMAO
newanarchy

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

I stand by my statement.
xxxx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

newanarchy wrote:
I stand by my statement.
You do that longhorn. Looks like your the one in the back woods. LOL

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

Liberals are Godless wrote:
<quoted text>And evolution replacing science!
Yes the state with the most highways is always the most superior. The more you drive, the more intelligent you become.
whoa...

You're posting from NY and saying this about KS?

Kind of strange. In JHS, waay back in '72 I remember very clearly my school in Flushing teaching evolution in 8th grade Biology. I'm guessing that NO one fought it at all or that the subject has ever been contested.

“I was Phillip before.”

Since: Dec 07

New England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

newanarchy wrote:
More hickish than Texas?

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

We had some dandy discussions in Sophomore Biology back in 1969 arguing creationism vs evolution. And that was in Kansas. We were actually able to debate the teacher and not get detention back then as long as we were polite. I'd say it's the education system that's backward, not the people of Kansas. 25 years after I debated my biology teacher, my son tried the same thing and had miss football practice 2 days and was unable to start that Friday because of it.

And I mentioned the highways because it was the first thing I thought about of all the many things that Kansas over-acheives in. You didn't mention how backward we are to have produced one of the premier movie producers in history or a sculptor with works in the Oval Office. Maybe I should mention a few more notable Kansans. Don Johnson, Vivian Vance, Walter Johnson, George Sweatt, Amelia Earhart, Martin and Osa Johnson Arthur Capper, William Allen White. Actors, adventurers, writers, what more do you want?
this is Thom D

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

To Pro choice mom KC,

You wrote:
"It is a hard enough choice to make in the first place and then for someone to say "hey wanna see your baby before you rip it to shreds."

Are you suggesting, by your reaction, that although you already know that it's a baby and that it is alive, and that it will be ripped to shreds, you would rather not see the evidence of that which you are already aware?

Does the act then become less horrible for you?

Then you wrote:
"What the F#*K is wrong with this country......"

Is there anything wrong with knowledge?
Do you think it is Ok to go through life ignorant of what you are about to do?

And when a doctor asks if someone wants to see ultrasound images, or if they want to hear the heartbeat of the baby, why do you see that as being judgemental?

You more then likely have had an abortion, and it was a difficult decision for you. That's understandable.

There are pro-life people and organizations that will help you get through any heartache and guilt you may feel. There is no judgement - just love, and help and forgiveness.

More importantly, they help you get to a place where you can forgive yourself.

Don't be so angry.

dclawdawg

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

<<<Are you suggesting, by your reaction, that although you already know that it's a baby and that it is alive, and that it will be ripped to shreds, you would rather not see the evidence of that which you are already aware?>>

there is no scientific evidence that an embryo or a fetus is a "baby."

Until it is born, it is not a person... "baby" is a term of endearment, not a medical, legal, or scientific term.

<<Don't be so angry.>>

women should be angry when anybody else sticks their nose into their uterus without an invitation, especially the state!

<<<<There are pro-life people and organizations that will help you get through any heartache and guilt you may feel. There is no judgement - just love, and help and forgiveness.>>

those anti choice organizations will never take the place of licensed psychologists... most women don't feel any "guilt" or "heartache" over having an abortion..... "pro lifers tend to try to guilt women into not having an abortion.... guess what.... every woman doesn't care about your religious beliefs.... why do you trt yo force YOURS on others???
MomGrandma

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

baby's heartbeat
MomGrandma

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

pro choice mom KC wrote:
...then for someone to say "hey wanna see your baby before you rip it to shreds"...
:) at least you said it the way it is...

Since: Feb 07

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

MomGrandma wrote:
baby's heartbeat
fetus' heartbeat
Toni

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

dclawdawg wrote:
<<<Are you suggesting, by your reaction, that although you already know that it's a baby and that it is alive, and that it will be ripped to shreds, you would rather not see the evidence of that which you are already aware?>>
there is no scientific evidence that an embryo or a fetus is a "baby."
Until it is born, it is not a person... "baby" is a term of endearment, not a medical, legal, or scientific term.
<<Don't be so angry.>>
women should be angry when anybody else sticks their nose into their uterus without an invitation, especially the state!
<<<<There are pro-life people and organizations that will help you get through any heartache and guilt you may feel. There is no judgement - just love, and help and forgiveness.>>
those anti choice organizations will never take the place of licensed psychologists... most women don't feel any "guilt" or "heartache" over having an abortion..... "pro lifers tend to try to guilt women into not having an abortion.... guess what.... every woman doesn't care about your religious beliefs.... why do you trt yo force YOURS on others???
Obviously your mother made a mistake in considering you a person relevant to keep. Religion has nothing to do with it. I was pressured into an abortion many years ago. It still haunts me. They said you would not feel anything, but when that machine was running I felt that something was ripping away from me. I regret my decision. However, I do not feel that I have a right to tell others what to do on the subject. It is a matter of conscience. The decision is not an easy one. Hopefully, those who do this, think long and hard about this choice.I never could have done this if the fetus was moving, viable. That to me, would have brought home to me, that this was a person not just a problem to take care of.
dclawdawg

Upper Marlboro, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

<<<Obviously your mother made a mistake in considering you a person relevant to keep. >>

wow! How christian of you! whatta xtian hypocrite!

<<<Religion has nothing to do with it.>>

I don't know too many non religious people trying to make abortion more difficult to get..

<<<I was pressured into an abortion many years ago. >>

No one can "pressure you" into an abortion unless you want them to...

<<<<It still haunts me. They said you would not feel anything, but when that machine was running I felt that something was ripping away from me.>>

a fetus is being sucked out of you... that's what an abortion is for...

<<<<I regret my decision. >>

why didn't you just say NO to having an abortion?? It is your body, nobody else's!

<<<However, I do not feel that I have a right to tell others what to do on the subject. It is a matter of conscience. The decision is not an easy one. Hopefully, those who do this, think long and hard about this choice.>>

I doubt anyone ever gets an abortion without at least a little thought....

<<<I never could have done this if the fetus was moving, viable. That to me, would have brought home to me, that this was a person not just a problem to take care of.>>

an embryo/fetus is not a "person..." the law says you gotta be born to be a person!
this is Thom D

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

To Mom Grandma,

You wrote:
"baby's heartbeat"

You were exactly correct. A baby's heartbeat.
---------
To K (Killer) in Ks,

You were exactly wrong. It's a baby's heartbeat.

You can use the fetus term all you want, but you are still murdering babies.

It's not a blob, or a growth, or anything other then a BABY.

Do you think if a man wanted to beat a woman, and then force her to have sex, it is called anything else other then RAPE?

Of course you don't, because that's what it is.

Do you think if someone held a gun to your head and pulled the trigger, it should be called something other then murder or homocide?

Of course you don't, because that's what it is.

Is setting fire to your house deliberately called anything else besides arson?

Of course it's not, because that's what it is.

If someone robs you at gun point would you consider it correct for others to refer to that event as forced borrowing?

Of course you wouldn't, because it's armed robbery, not forced borrowing.

You can parse words all you want, it doesn't matter. You are a baby killer if you have had it done, support the horrific act, or fight for the rights of others to commit such a heinous act.

You can not wash the blood from your hands by calling a baby a fetus.

It just doesn't work that way.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

this is Thom D wrote:
You dclawpuke,
You never have anything different to say.
Is your head always on auto-pilot? Goober.
Hey, TomDumb, Tiller is free. NOT GUILTY.

Abortion is a legal right in this country and there is nothing you can do about it.

Even the fundi witch hunts in Kansas are impotent.

DEAL with it, Loser. If you are against abortion, don't have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 79
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••