Kan. gov, utility CEO announce deal o...

Kan. gov, utility CEO announce deal on coal pla ...

There are 64 comments on the Hays Daily News story from May 5, 2009, titled Kan. gov, utility CEO announce deal on coal pla .... In it, Hays Daily News reports that:

A western Kansas utility would be allowed to build a new coal-fired power plant under a deal announced Monday that would end a 19-month dispute between the governor's office and the company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hays Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MattJ

San Jose, CA

#1 May 5, 2009
The governor is too proud of his 'achievement'. Requiring them to do some renewable is simply not enough. Not unless they also required them to build the coal fired plant to be readily upgradeable to use carbon capture technology. But I see no mention of this in the article.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2 May 6, 2009
Carbon Capture energy plants are death traps. Store that much CO2 under pressure, you guarantee a catastrophic failure and asphyxiation deaths.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#3 May 6, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Carbon Capture energy plants are death traps. Store that much CO2 under pressure, you guarantee a catastrophic failure and asphyxiation deaths.
Changing your story from 'vital nutrient' now?

What a twit..

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#4 May 6, 2009
Concentrated CO2 (read sequestration) is dangerous. The atmosphere is the perfect place for CO2, it fits just fine.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#5 May 6, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Concentrated CO2 (read sequestration) is dangerous. The atmosphere is the perfect place for CO2, it fits just fine.
You keep waffling about with no real logic. See a doctor would you? Your mental state is obviously fragile if you see CO2 fire extinguishers as a 'lethal threat just waiting to explode in your face' while combustion exhaust is 'good for you'.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#6 May 6, 2009
Read the warning label.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#7 May 7, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Read the warning label.
They warn of 'spontaneous explosions risks'???

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#8 May 7, 2009
Do not expose to direct sunlight or heat.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#9 May 7, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Do not expose to direct sunlight or heat.
Your claim was that CO2 compressed into tanks would spontaneously explode and suffocate you.

Perhaps you were having another one of your 'episodes'.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#10 May 7, 2009
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim was that CO2 compressed into tanks would spontaneously explode and suffocate you...
Eh? No, that's your claim, I claim CO2 sequestration under energy plants are deathtraps, they will leak and kill people.
MattJ

San Jose, CA

#11 May 7, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh? No, that's your claim, I claim CO2 sequestration under energy plants are deathtraps, they will leak and kill people.
But the only reason you believe this and mention it is because you are against ANY serious action against AGW.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#12 May 7, 2009
Not if we can prove it's real.
MattJ

San Jose, CA

#13 May 7, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Not if we can prove it's real.
Liar. We already have proved it is real. You respond by squeezing your eyes shut even harder and demanding 'evidence' we already have.
truthist

Tampa, FL

#14 May 7, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right. Have you studied the mechanisms by which people are possibly killed?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#15 May 8, 2009
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. We already have proved it is real. You respond by squeezing your eyes shut even harder and demanding 'evidence' we already have.
With an experiment using GHGs in the atmosphere?
MattJ

San Jose, CA

#16 May 8, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
With an experiment using GHGs in the atmosphere?
That 'experiment' is neither safe nor useful.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#17 May 8, 2009
MattJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That 'experiment' is neither safe nor useful.
It would prove to everyone that the AGW hypothesis is true or false, and as soon as conditions became less safe (we would see a measurement change) we could stop.

Isn't that better than going about our merry way? Information is good.
truthist

Lithia, FL

#18 May 8, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
It would prove to everyone that the AGW hypothesis is true or false, and as soon as conditions became less safe (we would see a measurement change) we could stop.
Define safe or less safe. Why don't you do the reverse? Reduce CO2 emissions and measure the change.
MattJ

San Jose, CA

#19 May 8, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
It would prove to everyone that the AGW hypothesis is true or false,
No, it would do no such thing. We already HAVE the proof it is true. But like Sen. Inhofe, you have your head in the sand, and refuse to admit the proof.

But the proof is there: http://www.logicalscience.com/climate_change/...
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#20 May 8, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
And your evidence for this? You claim that we cannot safely 'handle' CO2. Where is your data? How do you ignore the fact that we safely handle it every day all over the nation?

It does not matter how you think the things will spontanously kill people, only that you pulled it our of your rectum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kathleen Sebelius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Kansas group's push to oust judges exposes a ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
News The Power of Chirlane McCray (May '14) May '14 Guest 1
News Spokeswoman: Sebelius Not Considering US Senate (Apr '14) Apr '14 conservative crapola 19
News Kathleen Sebelius to Resign HHS Post (Apr '14) Apr '14 Le Jimbo 51
News Senate Democrats upbeat about confirming Burwell (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sterkfontei Swart... 2
News Sebelius a finalist for Timea s Person of the Year (Dec '13) Dec '13 Eddie 1
News More questions swirl around Sebelius (Nov '13) Nov '13 Roger Edgar 9
More from around the web