Between the Lines: Seriously, What's the Matter With Kansas?

May 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Roll Call

Kansas lawmakers are hours away from their deadline without a new Congressional map in sight, virtually assuring a court will take over the process for the first time in history.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9

“The sheep need protection.”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

After reading this story I am going to assume there is more to this. It is obvious the reporters have only given some of the facts. I do not know whatelse is factoring into the redistricting issue, but it is obvious the reports did not put all the information in.
The real question is what is wrong with these reports? Plus why are they not giving all the facts?
blogsare

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

It is because the tea partiers in the house did not get what they wanted. Who needs help?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

blogsare wrote:
It is because the tea partiers in the house did not get what they wanted. Who needs help?
You obviously do not have the answer. Move along.
blogsare

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

How can be so ignorant of Kansas politics? Also if you are looking for an education, topix is not the place to get it.
blogsare

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Hey hero, get your head out of the sand.

The tea partiers, aka conservatives, want a more conservative senate so they can get more of their agenda and the Brownback agenda passed. The senate wants a different map.

Read more. Listen more. Do you know why there needs to be a new map? Do you know who draws the new map?

IN the past the house drew up a map for the house voting districts and the senate drew up a map for senate voting districts and they were approved by both houses and sent to the governor who signed the bill approving them.

Now can you figure out what happened? The house did not get what if wanted.

This fight has been going on for some time. Who did not know this????
blogsare

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Hey hero, update update. The house has now passed a bill re-districting the senate seats. OMG, what will happen now???? Will the senate vote to accept this????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

All I see is rants from you. Your less informed than writer of the article. All hot air, no facts.
Keno

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

The Hero wrote:
All I see is rants from you. Your less informed than writer of the article. All hot air, no facts.
Here are some facts.

The Kansas legislature is required by law to finish redrawing of district lines by Friday...yesterday...the last day of the session. Now, redistricting goes to the courts.

The Kansas legislature is still arguing over the state budget that should have taken effect a year ago.

The Kansas legislature has been hearing and "working" on a "voter fraud" bill that the Secretary of State deems so necessary.

The Legislature has an overwhelming Republican majority. The Governor is Republican.

What does the state do on the last day of the session?
Outlaw Sharia Law?

The overwhelming Republican majority in Kansas means nothing. They can't even rubber stamp the legislation we need to get done so we can move on to other pressing state business.
blogsare

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

The Hero wrote:
Sorry I thought you were just ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••