Commentary: If Mitch Daniels runs, his message is worth hearing

Mar 17, 2011 Full story: McClatchy DC

When Democratic speaker Kathleen Sebelius joshed Republican speaker Mitch Daniels at Washington's annual Gridiron Club dinner that neither would be elected president in 2012, Daniels clasped his hands as if in prayer, bowed his head and softly said, "Let's hope." The next morning, when substitute host Chuck Todd raised presidential politics on ...

Full Story
Al Manson

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 17, 2011
Mitch Daniels was very successful in selling off enormous state assets to 'balance' his outrageous budget. His billion dollar plan to privatize government was a disaster (had to revert to the old system). Domestically, Governor Daniels was successful in lobbying the legislature to get much stronger laws against Hoosier fathers. Specifically, the Indiana legislature (with Governor Daniels signature) passed a law authorizing corrupt judges to imprison fathers for up to one year without due process -- no hearings, no trials, no juries, and no phone calls. This law also outlaws any and all oversight on the judiciary.

Even so, he is still unqualified to be president. First, he must visit Israel and swear his loyalty.

March 17th, 2011 09:13 Am ET:

Palin will visit Israel
By: CNN Senior Producer Kevin Bohn

(CNN)– Following in the footsteps of several other Republicans considering a presidential bid, Sarah Palin is set to make a stop in Israel following her Saturday speech in New Delhi, India.

“I'm thankful to be able to travel to Israel on my way back to the U.S.,” Palin said in a statement obtained by CNN.“As the world confronts sweeping changes and new realities, I look forward to meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu to discuss the key issues facing his country, our ally Israel.”

Palin last went overseas in December when she visited Haiti on a humanitarian mission. She also visited Kosovo and Germany in 2009.

Other potential GOP candidates to visit Israel in recent months include Mitt Romney, Haley Barbour, and Mike Huckabee.

A Palin aide declined to provide further details about the trip.
just me

Itasca, IL

#2 Mar 18, 2011
i can see mitchie campaign for the presidential. he will purchase several homespun shirts and don his rustic britches. he will get on his cycle and hit the trails. in the heartland he will brag about the farms and the pigs and the corn. in the west he will commend californians on the beaches and in oregon the blueberries and in utah the multiple wives situations and onto the east where he will compliment on the cities, economy, etc. then he will ride back to indiana for hog roasts and weiner roasts and other ad nausea pursuits. maybe he should change his name to wille makeit; just watch bette wont campaign against him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kathleen Sebelius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Kansas group's push to oust judges exposes a ... Oct 28 Ace McMillan 1
The Power of Chirlane McCray (May '14) May '14 Guest 1
Spokeswoman: Sebelius Not Considering US Senate (Apr '14) Apr '14 conservative crapola 19
Kathleen Sebelius to Resign HHS Post (Apr '14) Apr '14 Le Jimbo 51
Senate Democrats upbeat about confirming Burwell (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sterkfontei Swart... 2
Sebelius a finalist for Timea s Person of the Year (Dec '13) Dec '13 Eddie 1
More questions swirl around Sebelius (Nov '13) Nov '13 Roger Edgar 9

Kathleen Sebelius People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE