Jon Huntsman picks Florida for presid...

Jon Huntsman picks Florida for presidential campaign headquarters

There are 11 comments on the KSWB-TV San Diego story from May 18, 2011, titled Jon Huntsman picks Florida for presidential campaign headquarters. In it, KSWB-TV San Diego reports that:

Although he hasn't officially jumped into the race, potential Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman has decided to open his national headquarters in Orlando, his advisers confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSWB-TV San Diego.

John

Sarasota, FL

#1 May 18, 2011
Oh God not another Republican!!
rider

Madison, WI

#2 May 23, 2011

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#3 May 23, 2011
Not another GOP elitist supported Moderate POS. More Proof that the established GOP does not desire to win and more reason the Conservatives must take over the Republican Party so we will once again have a Two Party system.
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#4 May 23, 2011
O-bribe-a will win Florida in 2012......

Republicans have become so lazy, egotistical, and behind the times that they hardly vote anymore....

They send a few dollars donatation, put a sign in their yard, tell their kids and themselves what a lock republicans have because they always have won a particular area, maybe vote maybe not.....

they sit on their couch and b!tch about democrats....but won't get off their azz to WORK an election......

Jacksonville elected the 1st. black mayor and the 1st democrat mayor in 20 years.......because republicans and the republican candidate was too lazy to WORK to win the election....

it seems getting out in the streets and neighborhoods registering people and getting them to the polls is beneath the dignity of republicans....

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#5 May 23, 2011
Tony wrote:
O-bribe-a will win Florida in 2012......
Republicans have become so lazy, egotistical, and behind the times that they hardly vote anymore....
They send a few dollars donatation, put a sign in their yard, tell their kids and themselves what a lock republicans have because they always have won a particular area, maybe vote maybe not.....
they sit on their couch and b!tch about democrats....but won't get off their azz to WORK an election......
Jacksonville elected the 1st. black mayor and the 1st democrat mayor in 20 years.......because republicans and the republican candidate was too lazy to WORK to win the election....
it seems getting out in the streets and neighborhoods registering people and getting them to the polls is beneath the dignity of republicans....
How do you explain last November?

Now as for Jacksonville, I will agree that this was just another example, and one that the republican hierarchy needs to understand. Stop giving us democrat-lite candidates. I voted for Hogan, had the sign, and worked the phones for his campaign, not because Hogan excited me but because I did not want to see Alvin Brown as Mayor. That is no way to win campaigns.
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#6 May 23, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain last November?
Now as for Jacksonville, I will agree that this was just another example, and one that the republican hierarchy needs to understand. Stop giving us democrat-lite candidates. I voted for Hogan, had the sign, and worked the phones for his campaign, not because Hogan excited me but because I did not want to see Alvin Brown as Mayor. That is no way to win campaigns.
So, other than 2 minutes to stick a sign in the yard.....

everything else you did was in the air-conditioning.....

BTW.....I read your comments about the mayors race on topix....
one week before the election you said you hadn't made up your mind who to vote for....

not a whole lot of phone time there, sparky......

enjoy your new democratic stronghold.....in the air-conditioning....

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#7 May 23, 2011
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
So, other than 2 minutes to stick a sign in the yard.....
everything else you did was in the air-conditioning.....
BTW.....I read your comments about the mayors race on topix....
one week before the election you said you hadn't made up your mind who to vote for....
not a whole lot of phone time there, sparky......
enjoy your new democratic stronghold.....in the air-conditioning....
Still have not explained November have you?

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#8 May 23, 2011
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
So, other than 2 minutes to stick a sign in the yard.....
everything else you did was in the air-conditioning.....
BTW.....I read your comments about the mayors race on topix....
one week before the election you said you hadn't made up your mind who to vote for....
not a whole lot of phone time there, sparky......
enjoy your new democratic stronghold.....in the air-conditioning....
BTW, are you sure you donít have the primaries and the general election mixed up. I did struggle with who to vote for in the general election however, while I had deep reservations about Hogan I would have never voted for Brown. As for this being a democratic stronghold, Brown won by less than a percentage point and the City Council is not exactly an all blue council. I hope the best for Mayor Brown; I hope he surprises the hell out of me in a good way, as that will be good for the city, you, and me.
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#10 May 23, 2011
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Still have not explained November have you?
Tea party fever.....

cooled off already.....Jacksonville went democratic.......what happened to the tea party.....they went back to being lazy republicans.....

you just don't have the courage to admit you are wrong.... and lazy when it comes to elections........that character defect in republicans is the democrats best weapon.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#11 May 24, 2011
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea party fever.....
cooled off already.....Jacksonville went democratic.......what happened to the tea party.....they went back to being lazy republicans.....
you just don't have the courage to admit you are wrong.... and lazy when it comes to elections........that character defect in republicans is the democrats best weapon.
Let us assume you are correct (not that you are) that the only reason democrats win elections is that republicans are lazy. Then logic would in turn suggest that when republicans win elections it is because democrats are lazy. That must be your perception of politics right. So candidates and issues have nothing to do with who wins elections, in your opinion it all comes down to who is the laziest loses. I strongly disagree!
No Smoke

San Jose, CA

#12 May 29, 2011
Huntsman QUIT being a governor. He QUIT being an ambassador. He may have QUIT being LDS since he could not or would not give a straight answer. What makes you think he'd finish being president?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jon Huntsman, Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huntsman 2016: Will he or won't he make another... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Judy 1
News Ex-Gov. Huntsman Launching Talk Show On SiriusXM (May '13) May '13 Your Ex 3
News Former GOP presidential candidate Huntsman back... (Feb '13) Feb '13 WeTheSheeple 21
News Jon Huntsman Sr. Calls On Romney To Release His... (Aug '12) Aug '12 see the light 5
News Survey: Endorsements may do more harm than good (Jan '12) Jan '12 Biker Guy 2
News Huntsman to end his campaign (Jan '12) Jan '12 esperanza 2
News John Huntsman, Job Creator? (Jan '12) Jan '12 Go Blue 98
More from around the web