Wash. AG signs off on Oregon proposal...

Wash. AG signs off on Oregon proposal to fully fund Columbia River bridge, collect all tolls

There are 3 comments on the Daily News story from Sep 21, 2013, titled Wash. AG signs off on Oregon proposal to fully fund Columbia River bridge, collect all tolls. In it, Daily News reports that:

Washington's attorney general has green-lit a bridge built by Oregon that crosses the Columbia River, another step in a proposed substitute for the failed Columbia River Crossing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily News.

Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#1 Sep 21, 2013
All toll collection roadways and bridges should be made non-toll, using only citizen's tax payments to fund the construction and upkeep. All other endless and constantly inflated toll collections are a scam to keep too many politicians running bloated governments and other extortion schemes harming the citizenry.
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 21, 2013
Consider the millions of dollars per day one single bridge into New York City generates. It doesn't take millions of dollars per day for upkeep to the bridge. Hell, the extortionists won't even paint the bridge! It's highway robbery and people are too stupid to even care where all that money goes... Then, the stupid citizenry doesn't even blink when some of these thieves start talking about privatizing the operations. Anybody wonder how these "public servants" get to be millionaires, while in office?
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#3 Sep 21, 2013
Screwballs on Topix don't like my posts about this because they dream about having a job collecting money from people in cars. They can earn big dollars and have big government benefits for collecting money from people in cars. They think such a job would be a pinnacle of achievement for them, better than disability. They fantasize about going home at the finish of their grueling day at work collecting money from people in cars. Many times their jobs will be just watching people deposit money in automatic collection scoops. That's a stupidvisor job. They say to themselves "I have power over people in cars. One day I will retire. What a bunch of suckers!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kitzhaber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For First Time, Openly LGBT Governor Elected: O... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News Illegal immigrants sue Oregon over ballot measu... (Nov '15) Dec '15 spud 7
News Driver's cards campaign ramps up in rural Oregon (Oct '14) Sep '15 Harold 2
News Ore. gov to sign illegal-immigrant tuition bill (Apr '13) May '15 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 9
News Bisexuals hopeful as 1 of their own becomes a g... (Feb '15) Mar '15 swedenforever 61
News The Oregonian's misleading take on climate change (Feb '15) Feb '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Washington secretary of state says we need 2016... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Cordwainer Trout 4
More from around the web