Oregon health care picks up where Oba...

Oregon health care picks up where Obama left off

There are 2 comments on the CBS News story from Mar 6, 2012, titled Oregon health care picks up where Obama left off. In it, CBS News reports that:

SALEM, Ore. — Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber recently signed a health care overhaul that he says will improve care, reduce costs and serve as a model for the rest of the nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

susan shuman

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 6, 2012
Good for Gov. Kitzhaber. I am glad he is looking out for the people in his state. I have family there and after retirement hope to move there. It is refreshing to see a Governor putting the people of his state first. This is a man "in touch" with the all the people and not just the rich. The people of Oregon should be proud to have such a strong, understanding leader.

“"Nuts"”

Since: Mar 08

Salem, OR

#2 Mar 18, 2012
susan shuman wrote:
Good for Gov. Kitzhaber. I am glad he is looking out for the people in his state. I have family there and after retirement hope to move there. It is refreshing to see a Governor putting the people of his state first. This is a man "in touch" with the all the people and not just the rich. The people of Oregon should be proud to have such a strong, understanding leader.
How can you get so excited over a article which gave no specifics...

The only factual statement that came from this article was,,, the CBO said there was no evidence of savings...

It sounds as if you have already retired...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kitzhaber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For First Time, Openly LGBT Governor Elected: O... Nov 9 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News Illegal immigrants sue Oregon over ballot measu... (Nov '15) Dec '15 spud 7
News Driver's cards campaign ramps up in rural Oregon (Oct '14) Sep '15 Harold 2
News Ore. gov to sign illegal-immigrant tuition bill (Apr '13) May '15 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 9
News Bisexuals hopeful as 1 of their own becomes a g... (Feb '15) Mar '15 swedenforever 61
News The Oregonian's misleading take on climate change (Feb '15) Feb '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Washington secretary of state says we need 2016... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Cordwainer Trout 4
More from around the web