Oregon ending commutations for illega...

Oregon ending commutations for illegal immigrants

There are 5 comments on the www.beaumontenterprise.com story from Apr 11, 2011, titled Oregon ending commutations for illegal immigrants. In it, www.beaumontenterprise.com reports that:

The state is scrapping a program that commuted the sentences of prison inmates who are illegal immigrants, saying it didn't save as much money as anticipated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.beaumontenterprise.com.

Mona

Seattle, WA

#2 Apr 11, 2011
Our country is going bankrupt feeding, educating, caring and incarcerating hispanic illegal aliens. They get special treatment on all levels, yet they still cry that they are being abused by racist!

For a while our government and pro illegal aliens people were tellling us that illegal stimulated the economy and were good for America. They handed us a bunch of crap while trying to legalize a mass of scum that does nothing but try to suck us dry while they create the Mexican nirvana in America that was beyond their dreams in Mexico!In the meantime, our elected officials do anything to keep from alienating their vote, and hispanics are quick to remind them of this.

The one thing that these idiots don't realize is that AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE THE LARGEST LEGAL MINORITY IN AMERICA, not hispanics! Blacks are currently eligible to vote, they don't have to go through the citizenship thing. AT PRESENT, ABOUT 60% OF MEXICANS IN AMERICA ARE ILLEGAL ALIENS OR ANCHOR BABIES!

According to the latest research, OVER 70% OF HISPANIC ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE ON WELFARE IN AMERICA, COMPARED WITH 39% AMERICANS!!!!! Corporations and our government are to blame for this, but we pick up the tab. Imagine, our medicare/medicaid is threatened because of these sh's who abused the system they never made a contribution to...certainly not a significant one. Some of them boast about paying taxes, but it is primarily to get a refund!

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 11, 2011
"The daily cost of incarceration for an Oregon inmate is $84. By extension, the yearly cost for housing 1,289 illegal immigrant inmates would total about $39.5 million."

I got a idea, for 39 million dollars i bet North Korea will take them into their prison system and once they came out, if they do, they will never come back to the US.

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/10474.htm

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#4 Apr 12, 2011
Illegal immigrants burden Portland-area schools

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2...
Mona

Seattle, WA

#5 Apr 12, 2011
I live near Portland and my son lives there. It is an interesting place. People may at first appear EXTREMELY liberal, and suddenly they will come up with something they won't tolerate that completely contradicts the later...and they stand firm!

I hope that other cities, like the one I live in, the sanctuary city/state of Seattle. We MUST wake up to the greatest travesty in America. America as we know it is being torn apart, both economically and socially. I am not saying they are the sole reason for our current state,but illegal aliens impact American society in both of these categories!

They are bankrupting our system! Over 71% of illegal alien hispanics are on some type of welfare in the us, compared with 39% American citizens!(recent study, so far, no newspaper coverage cis.org )Are we crazy to put up with this crap for another second?!!! And they are having sit in's DEMANDING that we send them to college, as cheaply as possible, in spite of our current economic situation, after having freely digested their k-12 education, free breakfast/lunch, medical, social services, without an acknowledgement of appreciation, and their parents hiding in the shadows, getting off the hook for having started it all...

a high school in my city had a latino club college night! It was sponsored by laraza, az..something, and a couple of other hispanic/mexican groups. The purpose was to show latino/mexicn children how to get into college, financial aid applications, etc. I asked if this same service was being provided for ALL of the students in the neighborhood? He said no, because these groups agreed to provide this service for these children. I suggested that it would have been a better idea to have one big event for EVERYONE, and have translators available. He said this was the last event this year of its kind. I am committed to nipping at his heels everytime this comes up.

We have to start doing things like this, because this is our only way. Gone are the days of emailing and calling a congressman. They don't listen, and the sad part about it, they don't even care if we know they are not listening!!!!I pay taxes to educate all students, especially when the facility is held in a school that my taxes go to keeping it open!

We have to start having our own quiet rebellions, because no one is listening...and those that may listen, use it against us to their advantage...or ignore us!
Down and Out

New York, NY

#6 Apr 12, 2011
The average law abiding citizen derives NO benefit from the illegal alien. Those that DO receive benefit are the skank employers who illegally hire the illegal alien thus gaining decresed costs through cheap labor and tax abatement with under the table cash wages. Nice gig eh!(for the employers who hire in an illegal manner)
The local governments, through inflated census reports, can siphon more money from the feds for their social programs which are supported through taxation (which ultimately is bankrolled by the citizenry of course) AND with inflated census data can also receive more respresentation in state government plus federal government. The illegal alien pads the numbers to give an unrealistic count and tip the scales towards the supporters and providers that lend aid and abetment to the illegal alien.
Folks, we can see where this is going - unless the molly coddle is halted AND reversed this nation is headed directly towards third world cesspool status quickly.
The rule of law has for all intents and purposes has been abandoned in this nation and has been replaced by a foul and vile attempt to accomodate the illegal alien with the labor (through taxation) of the law abiding citizenry. We are actually in the process of financing our own demise.
Enough, kick to the curb the elected representatives who ALLOW this to occur and stop doing business with companies that hire the illegal alien. If we the citizenry don't change our habits and institute the above two suggestions we will be the generation that witnesses the decline into third world status.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kitzhaber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illegal immigrants sue Oregon over ballot measu... (Nov '15) Dec '15 spud 7
News Driver's cards campaign ramps up in rural Oregon (Oct '14) Sep '15 Harold 2
News Ore. gov to sign illegal-immigrant tuition bill (Apr '13) May '15 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 9
News Bisexuals hopeful as 1 of their own becomes a g... (Feb '15) Mar '15 swedenforever 61
News The Oregonian's misleading take on climate change (Feb '15) Feb '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Washington secretary of state says we need 2016... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Cordwainer Trout 4
News Oregon governor resigns amid ethics scandal inv... (Feb '15) Feb '15 spud 48
More from around the web