Kasich Draws Tea Party Challenger in Ohio

Jan 2, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Wall Street Journal

Ohio Gov. John Kasich 's muscular support for Medicaid expansion in his state has earned him applause from liberals, sharp criticism from conservatives-and now a Republican Party primary challenge that could complicate the his bid for reelection.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

The GOP Royal Battle continues, this primary should be equivalent to a steel cage match.

The Establishment Republicans are trying to push the Garbage Pail republicans back into the kitchen.

RINOs vs Wacko Birds.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Democrats only want to talk about the Republican problems. I guess that means we have to talk about theirs. How about the new poll that shows a drop in their support from women, from 60% to 54% in the last month? That is a good place to start. Women aren't stupid, they are just slow.
lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Democrats only want to talk about the Republican problems. I guess that means we have to talk about theirs. How about the new poll that shows a drop in their support from women, from 60% to 54% in the last month? That is a good place to start. Women aren't stupid, they are just slow.
if you are going to pick something, it should be someone the repubs dont have an even worse problem with. Yes, the dems are down a whole 6 points with women, did you care to look how far repubs were down with women in that same poll?

Just trying to help as there is plenty you can rail the dems that are not an issue for repubs.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Where do you think those 6% are going? Married Women were never in the Democrat corner. The Ticket for Governor, and Lt Governor in Texas is made up of women. Watch and see how big a loss they take, and you can see how well Democrats are doing with the New American Woman.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Women aren't stupid, they are just slow.
Promise you will see this again.
lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Where do you think those 6% are going? Married Women were never in the Democrat corner. The Ticket for Governor, and Lt Governor in Texas is made up of women. Watch and see how big a loss they take, and you can see how well Democrats are doing with the New American Woman.
Repubs lost women so bad last election your party has zero room to talk. You think you gained those 6%? Clueless as you are, it is going to take a hell of a lot more than 6 percent to get you out of the hole ya'll dug with women last election. The very way you speak about them in this thread shows you still do not understand.

I feel very sorry for your wife, if you have one.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Where does teahadist stand on taking PA's fracking water and polluting Ohio wells in exchange for money, like kasuck?
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

You are so sure women will stay with the Democrat party, but you have little to say about the fact men vote Republican. Now you have the Supreme Court Justice appointed by the tribesman, and she put a stop to making Catholic Organizations, and other anti abortion businesses buy birth control if it is against their best judgment.
lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
You are so sure women will stay with the Democrat party, but you have little to say about the fact men vote Republican. Now you have the Supreme Court Justice appointed by the tribesman, and she put a stop to making Catholic Organizations, and other anti abortion businesses buy birth control if it is against their best judgment.
No i am not sure, but unlike you, i am not here stating without any evidence btw, how "such and such group is going to go full republican come 2014!". Then you go on about church organizations and birth control like this somehow equates to women voting for repubs?

And if you werent actually clueless, you would know that no church organization is having to purchase birth control as you stated. That was where the whole compromise came in with insurance companies in regards to Obamacare. The one where the insurance companies said they will foot the bill for the pill as it is cheaper than insuring kids. The church is just mad they have to have it on their insurance plans even though it is not costing them a single cent extra.

So tell me again why all these women that you choose to paint with 1 brush is going to vote repub come 2014? And save the church, supreme court and all this other bullshit. So please tell me why it is you think your party is going to come out of the gutter and take the women vote?
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Judged:

Women, and Men vote in their best interests Democrats have promised women so much more then they have delivered women can't believe a word they are being told. Women are not Stupid. You can keep treating then like chattle. They don't belong to the Democrat party. In fact the more they see what the Democrats really stand for the fewer there are that mark that Democrat ballot.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Cat74 wrote:
And you are at a standstill.
When Republicans win the female vote, I'll eat your Fancy Feast.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Deal!!!
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Since the Republicans already get the male vote for the most part they don't need too many females. They can likely win with the female votes from those who lost their healthcare to Obamascam. I will never understand how Obama could mess up most peoples healthcare while giving exemption to millions. It should be everyone pays the same or no one pays. I couldn't deal with all the confusion

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Cat74 wrote:
Since the Republicans already get the male vote for the most part they don't need too many females.
Yeah, they don't need the black or brown vote or Jew vote either.

I've seen their parades.
lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they don't need the black or brown vote or Jew vote either.
I've seen their parades.
He is clueless about past election numbers/breakdowns. At the very best he remembers a few numbers from last election which is probably giving him too much credit.

If he thinks men naturally vote repub, let him chose to believe that. If he thinks his party can win national elections with only white men since he does know that black, Hispanic, ect men dont vote for repubs. Let him also talk like he does about women; which is 50% of the voting base and wonder why they still dont win.

The only subgroup they do well with is white men over 40. If he thinks that's "all men" then it goes to show how clueless he is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

lamer wrote:
The only subgroup they do well with is white men over 40.
They have the KKK vote locked up... of those that can still vote.

The GOP doesn't and won't learn its lessons, e.g., immigration reform instead of wasting two years passing the same bill (now close to 50 times) knowing full well it it would not never clear the Senate... two years it could have been working on the Hispanic vote (though never capture at least hold on to a significant minority).

Alas: the tea baggers are the tail that wags the dog and 2016 is around the corner.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Democrats are losing the Hispanic vote as we speak, and they will only get the black people in the end. Not enough to do much of anything in 2014.
lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Cat74 wrote:
Democrats are losing the Hispanic vote as we speak, and they will only get the black people in the end. Not enough to do much of anything in 2014.
You keep saying the dems are losing this grp and that grp yet you never show a single study of that effect. You want numbers? Go check out Nate SIlver's fivethirtyeight blog. He has accurately predicted the last 4 election cycles with over 90% accuracy.

When looking at his numbers, you will see the very small changes you keep trying to say are happening will have a net effect of zero come election day. His numbers also goes back to the inception of the republican party unlike you numbers that come from opinion articles from between elections.

Come 2014 and 2016 im going to love showing you how wrong you are on all this classes of groups that according to you will go GOP. You will still not win women on the national level, or hispanics, or blacks. That means the GOP is going to need to pull every last voter it can to win a national election and currently, things are not looking good.

As of now, its about a 50-50 on the senate.

Difference between you and I is i can backup my opinion on the matter with numbers and math, you have opinion articles or worse since you never decide to back up your claims. But i'll now leave you alone till 2014. Come then i'll have a bunch of your quotes ready for you like i did many of the others here in the 2012 election.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Cat74 wrote:
Democrats are losing the Hispanic vote as we speak
We can tell because the GOP is spending millions of dollars trying to get from one in five Hispanics to one in four, sending out leading candidate to eat an enchiladas in a Mexican-American neighborhood while listening to a mariachi band and wearing a sombero with the hanging dingleberries.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

It is in a number of papers. Go to Lucianne.com . She has articles from all over the country, Each article will identify their location. I can't link all of them. You can find the one you want, Yesterday there was one about losing the woman vote, and this morning one about the Hispanic vote. The Democrats didn't buy these people on a slave block. They are free to come in, and out of the party as they wish. People join a political party for a given reason. If the Democrats promised more then they could deliver, and they did, people might change their minds about their allegiance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••