Lawmaker thinks governor should atten...

Lawmaker thinks governor should attend executions

There are 4 comments on the WTVN-AM Columbus story from Feb 12, 2014, titled Lawmaker thinks governor should attend executions. In it, WTVN-AM Columbus reports that:

Rep. Robert Hagan, a Democrat from Youngstown, opposes capital punishment, but he says if we're going to have it he thinks the person that has the ability to stop it should be there in person.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVN-AM Columbus.

Cat74

Aurora, IL

#1 Feb 14, 2014
Unless the Governor was there when the heinous crime took place he has no obligation to be there. He is not executing a human being, he is punishing a murderer. He has nothing to feel guilty about. I guarantee the POS being executed if guilt free.
These are People

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Mar 4, 2014
How can you guarantee that the POS is not a human being and that he is guilt free. Likely many are--but not all.

Too many people have been found innocent of the crimes they were accused of and too many people have been set free after being on death row for there not to be some innocent people being put to death.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#3 Mar 4, 2014
I meant he feels no guilt at having murdered someone. And that is B S about the innocent being set free. They find some quirk in the law, and get off, but they are not innocent.
These are People

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Mar 5, 2014
No, Cat74, there are innocent people that have sat on death row. CNN is going to be running some programs on this on Sunday nights starting this week. You might want to watch some of those. What about the one with the Memphis 3. One of these was on death row. They had to admit guilt in order to be set free which is completely rediculous. One of them stated he did not want to get out under those conditions, but knew his friend could die while they fought for their freedom.

There are those that have been set free by quirks in the law, but there are also those that are innocent.

You better hope you do not have a spouse that ever dies under questionable circumstances as the mate is usually the first one they will look at. Then you might learn how someone innocent might be put on death row.

I respect you for your opinion and also once shared it also, but I strongly disagree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kasich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House speaker resigns amid talk of FBI inquiry Apr 11 Capt Pepe 2
News Democrat Cordray would declare opioid emergency... Mar 31 They cannot kill ... 19
News States: Federal money for opioid crisis a small... Mar 26 tomin cali 1
News Choosing a new judge (Apr '13) Feb '18 Simba 5
News Ohio governor delays execution of Raymond Tibbe... Feb '18 They cannot kill ... 1
News Test scores need to stay in teacher ratings, sa... Jan '18 lol 1
News Ohio bans doctors from performing Down syndrome... Dec '17 iseedumbpeople 10