Manchin urges Greenbrier sides to res...

Manchin urges Greenbrier sides to resolve dispute

There are 9 comments on the Register-herald.com story from Sep 6, 2008, titled Manchin urges Greenbrier sides to resolve dispute. In it, Register-herald.com reports that:

Describing The Greenbrier's ongoing labor dispute as the "county's No. 1 concern," Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Register-herald.com.

D Hedrick

Humble, TX

#1 Sep 17, 2008
Aw, hell, close it down until April 09, get rid of the lazy ass union, and open her back up and run with it!
u know

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2008
Just shut it down.Don't need it
No joe

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2008
Don't need it just a show place for A holes
northeast mom

Nashville, TN

#4 Oct 31, 2008
does it bring any money in for the town folk or just for hotel owners.
spacitymama

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2008
The hotel fuels the economy for the whole county, mostly Lewisburg, which in turns fuels the State's economy which is why Manchin urges both sides to resolve.

As for D Hedrick's comment about the lazy ass Union.....My husband is part of that Union and many of my friends and they work their tail off. However, as always, there is always a few lazy ones that ruin it for the rest. Don't label all of the Union employees as lazy, because that is incorrect.

We need the Greenbrier, whether you want to admit or not!
Bearcat

Lubbock, TX

#6 Oct 31, 2008
The union reps that are representing the employees of the hotel is a joke. They are the reason why the employees are in fear of loosing there jobs. You donít wait as long as they did to try to strike. If the union didnít like what the Greenbrier was offering from the beginning then they should have striked while the house count was up. Now the Greenbrier is going to ride them out. What do they have to loose. Remember they are CSX. The Greenbrier is not where they make their money.
spacitymama

United States

#7 Oct 31, 2008
I agree what you say Bearcat! The Union didn't even get to vote on the no walk out, no strike agreement. They found out, like the rest of us did.

I feel the Union Reps are sweating not for the Union employees but because they know they are loosing their easy ride! No trips to Alaska for fishing for the Bostics this year! Boo Whooo!
GBR Citizen

Ithaca, NY

#8 Nov 1, 2008
If our governor actually cared, he would be alarmed about the health benefit package the hotel proposed. He knows what the deal is and I bet (there I go with the gambling...LOL) he wouldn't want to work without affordable health care. Most employees are happy with wages but I dont think anyone could actually afford the insurance proposal. I agree with D Hedrick about getting rid of dead ass employees, but that could be taken care of by the union not protecting the lazy and only investigating unfair practices . We have a lot of great dedicated employees who are feel blessed to get paid for what we do and yet there are other who would complain thier ice cream is too cold.
Info

United States

#9 Feb 23, 2012
Joe was good governor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Manchin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-coal CEO seeks vindication in blast after ye... May '17 Cordwainer Trout 12
News Senators talk possibility of Neil Gorsuch filib... Apr '17 Julia 5
News Donnelly supports Gorsuch nomination to Supreme... Apr '17 Nunez the dingleb... 19
News Spicer: Trump Opposed to '13 Amnesty Bill, Desp... Feb '17 Wildchild 1
News Democratic Class of 2018 Key to Gorsuch Supreme... Feb '17 Captain Yesterday 3
News Senate approves spending bill, averts governmen... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Le Jimbo 1
News Congress OKs defense bill, scrambles to pass st... (Dec '16) Dec '16 gwwwThe media 1
More from around the web