Greenbrier owner gets $1 million from state

Feb 11, 2011 Full story: Charleston Daily Mail 10

The state has made good on its promise to give Greenbrier resort owner Jim Justice $1 million for his 2010 PGA golf tournament.

Full Story
Gbr Co taxpayer

Marlinton, WV

#1 Feb 15, 2011
This is F**KED UP, Next Manchin will have his whole head up Prick Justices ass!!!!!!!! Remember this at ELECTION time!!!!!
Dissident

Huntington, WV

#2 Feb 15, 2011
This is just one more blatant example of a fascist(corporatist)government .

Fascist by definition is when corporations run government as opposed to the people. When they confiscate out tax monies( at the point of force) and redistribute to these corporations, etc then you have a corporatist form of government. Also, so called foreign-aid! What the He!! is that? I never authorized my hard-earned tax money to be given to some other nations citizens. Did you?

Charity begins at home! The money should stay here-PERIOD! We have a government that DOES NOT represent it's people, but rather it does willy-nilly whatever it wants to whomever it wants.

Not one cent of tax payers money should go the Greenbrier or to any business. It should go back to the people in the form of tax-credits, etc. Or be used for infrastructure repair. I'm sick of politicians using my money to do what they want with it. It's not there money in the first place, it's ours.
Dissident

Huntington, WV

#3 Feb 15, 2011
Sorry misspelled 'their' in that last sentence.
little pissed

AOL

#4 Feb 15, 2011
As a middle income hard working taxpayer I'm so glad I can help this rich guy and his rich buddies with their Golf. So happy infact I think it's the best use of my hard earned dollars, much better than giveing me or any other working person a tax break. PS/ Forget the disabled or people in need, perhaps they will go away.
seriously

Summersville, WV

#5 Feb 15, 2011
State and federal employees raises are on hold due to budget issues, unemployment is still very high, and guess who gets a cool million well I guess that is going to be really nice for all the illegals and out of state employees he brings in for the summer to save a few more dollars in his pocket. All of his supporters get on here saying he must be doing something right to have his millions well your right he started with old family money and works the system so that our money can help keep him making money. And anyone who says all of the charity is from the goodness of his heart may be partially right but face it the reason every millionaire does any charitable contribution is because it saves them more in the end when its their turn to pay some taxes. I guess I will just continue going to work and paying my taxes in order to support the rich because without us what would they do?
It just goes to show

Princeton, WV

#6 Feb 23, 2011
A little bit of green in plain brown envelopes put in to the right legislative hands can do wonders.

How many roads could be patched, how many people could be fed, how many kids could be educated with that money?

And yet it goes straight into the pockets of a robber baron who can easily afford to do it himself. Our state has been thought of as corrupt and backward for years. This just reinforces that steroetype.
Question

United States

#7 Feb 23, 2011
Jim Justice! Isn't this the same guy who owed the state of WV around 11 million dollars in workmen's comp 10 to 15 years ago? And the STATE forgave somewhere between 5 and 7 million of it?
tax dollars

Hernshaw, WV

#8 Feb 23, 2011
Question wrote:
Jim Justice! Isn't this the same guy who owed the state of WV around 11 million dollars in workmen's comp 10 to 15 years ago? And the STATE forgave somewhere between 5 and 7 million of it?
Sounds like you can chalk another million off that figure.The rich get richer is what they say.
Dissident

Huntington, WV

#9 Feb 24, 2011
Kind of ironic that his last name is Justice isn't it? Where's the Justice in looting the tax-payer, huh?

Just more typical Republican/conservative corporate welfare! Before anyone flames me, I'm no liberal apologist either. I think the Dems and the Republicans both stink to high heavens.

Third party now!
maybe

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Apr 11, 2011
maybe they can put some of that in my check

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Manchin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill would stiffen background checks Dec 8 Independent1 3
Seaver pleads for turnpike tolls to remain (Jan '13) Oct '14 Malcolm 20
Senator Manchin: What My Daughter Did Should Be... Sep '14 anananana 2
Manchin's brother files civil lawsuit Aug '14 Joe smith 1
Lawmaker seeks to ban Bitcoin in U.S. (Feb '14) May '14 Reymark Perry 8
Rick Perry Fervently Supported the TARP Bailout... (Aug '11) May '14 swedenforever 127
Manchin Not Ruling Out Run for Governor (Apr '14) Apr '14 Bob 5
More from around the web