Del. Same-Sex Unions Law Heads to Gov...

Del. Same-Sex Unions Law Heads to Gov's Desk

There are 5 comments on the EDGEftlauderdale.com News Feed story from Apr 15, 2011, titled Del. Same-Sex Unions Law Heads to Gov's Desk. In it, EDGEftlauderdale.com News Feed reports that:

A bill that makes Delaware the eighth state to allow civil unions or domestic partnerships for same-sex couples has cleared the legislature and Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEftlauderdale.com News Feed.

Since: Dec 08

Seminole, FL

#1 Apr 15, 2011
42 to go!
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

#2 Apr 15, 2011
woooooohooooooo! civil unions!:)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#3 Apr 15, 2011
I found the response from the Alliance Defense Fund interesting. Not surprising but interesting.

The law clearly defines marriage as one man one woman. ADF's response:
"Mark my words, there will be litigation over this," said Douglas Napier, an attorney with the Alliance Defense Fund,..."

Clearly they want to force their lifestyle onto everyone else.
JessInElPaso

United States

#4 Apr 16, 2011
TomInElPaso wrote:
42 to go!
agreed tom, do you know where we stand in el paso with this? I knowits suppose to be out at the voting polls again but don't know when

Since: Dec 08

Seminole, FL

#5 Apr 16, 2011
JessInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text> agreed tom, do you know where we stand in el paso with this? I knowits suppose to be out at the voting polls again but don't know when
It's going to be all about the elections this fall and who gets to elected. The employee partner insurance issue is in the hands of the courts but their decision won't make a difference one way or another if there isn't a majority for equal rights sitting in those city rep seats come next spring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Markell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broadway's back; power's still out for thousand... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Pres 1
News Markell Says He'd Welcome Syrian Refugees (Sep '15) Sep '15 nosyrianrefugess 1
News New Law In Delaware Adds Electronic Smoking Dev... (Jul '15) Jul '15 yawn 4
News Delaware governor issues Darwin Day proclamation (Jan '15) Jan '15 NotFooled 1
News Markell earns award for clean water initiative (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mary Valimont 1
News On Mary Burke and jobs (Oct '14) Oct '14 bob 1
News Kicking The Can Down The Road: A Habit That's H... (Jul '14) Sep '14 ROMAN OIL COMPANY 31
More from around the web