Gov Patrick Calls for Income Tax Hike, Sales Tax Cut
Governor Deval Patrick called for a 1-percent increase to the state's income tax to 6.25 percent and a cut in the state sales tax from 6.25 percent to 4.5 percent in his State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday night in order to finance the transportation and education investment plans he rolled out earlier this week.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Go Local.
#1 Jan 17, 2013
Let's be clear here:
"Governor Deval Patrick called for a 1-percent increase to the state's income tax to 6.25 percent."
That's a 19.05% increase, not a 1% increase.
#2 Jan 19, 2013
1, Increase state income tax 19% fronm 5.25% to 6.25%.
2. Index the gasoline tax to inflation. It's currently $0.21/gal.
3. Increase public transportation fares, including tolls, by 5% every two years.
4. Increase RMV fees by 10% every 5 years.
5. Eliminate 45 personal tax exemptions, including the deduction for Social Security and railroad retirement contributions and the tuition tax deduction.
6. Reduce the sales tax from 6.25% to 4.5%.
Add your comments below
|Booming region doesn't need Wynn||14 hr||The one per cent||5|
|N.C. Hit With Lawsuit Over Anti-LGBT Law||Thu||Dude||23|
|Farley-Bouvier Calling for DCF Changes In... (Feb '14)||Jul 3||DCF CPS DSS are ...||143|
|Report: Unique challenges face older gay residents (Sep '15)||Sep '15||RalphB||17|
|Lawmaker Who Led Last DCF Investigation Says Ag... (Sep '15)||Sep '15||DCF are MONSTERS||1|
|DCF workers plan Pittsfield picket over caseloa... (May '15)||Sep '15||DCF are MONSTERS||29|
|DCF case spike prompts protests (Jul '15)||Aug '15||cops are liars an...||40|
Find what you want!
Search Deval Patrick Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC