Antoine Thompson named in investigati...

Antoine Thompson named in investigation on shady Aqueduct gaming deal

There are 5 comments on the Niagara Gazette story from Oct 21, 2010, titled Antoine Thompson named in investigation on shady Aqueduct gaming deal. In it, Niagara Gazette reports that:

New York's Inspector General said Thursday that top state legislative leaders and the governor's office angled for campaign contributions and political advantage when they awarded a lucrative video slot machine contract for Aqueduct racetrack to a consortium that was later disqualified.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Niagara Gazette.

Arthur Welser

Latham, NY

#1 Oct 23, 2010
The list is long! Thompson's piece of the pie waines in comparison to the amoumnt of money "unearned" by the law firm of Grisanti & Grisanti!

I don't care what the issues are, I want a State Senator that I know with much more assurance then a Senators say so that he or she doesn't have a conflict of interest and will represent NYS to the best to their abilities and not the best interests of their Law Firm, clients or fellow NYS Bar members.

It amazes me that Grisanti isn't forced to discontinue his law practice if elected and that Quinn, Ranzenhofer and others are allowed to practice law while serving in the NYS Senate and Assembly and I for one will never again vote for an attorney that isn't willing to discontinue the practice of NYS Law while they serve in office.

These attorneys are little more than lobbyists and it is you and I that are paying their $80,000 plus salaries.
JTMan

Frankfort, NY

#2 Oct 23, 2010
A crook looking for a crook!
PHAT ALLIS

United States

#3 Oct 23, 2010
JTMan wrote:
A crook looking for a crook!
As a former organizer for private parties with a certain dance club in Highland On The Lake near the Ford Plant in Hamburg. I arranged quite a few exclusive parties for the fore mentioned person.
Funny how after the cocaine bust at that establishment, this gentleman was unable to attend the State Senate Special Session to vote on the very late New York State Budget because he was in Jamaica.
And coincidently, that is where all the drugs were coming from that were found at the dance clubs that had been busted a week before his departure to Jamaica. I wonder if he was doing some Back Peddling ? One must cover their tracks you know.
And there isn't a single law enforcement agency within the United States that can put that all together. And we wonder why we're in the shape we're in?
GUMP

Niagara Falls, NY

#4 Oct 24, 2010
Thompson SHOULD be voted out. He is not for the people of the state . Its in self interest with him .
Seen It Before

Fishers, NY

#5 Oct 24, 2010
GUMP wrote:
Thompson SHOULD be voted out. He is not for the people of the state . Its in self interest with him .
You got that right but Antoine could be a baby raping arsonist and still get elected in his district. The guy is a total moron. I have talked to him a few times and a pet rock has a better IQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Paterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Come quickly, SMOD: 2020 New York Senate race m... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News A.M. Roundup: Goodbye rain, hello Havana (Apr '15) Apr '15 Don from Canada 1
News How Sharpton gets paid to not cry 'racism' at c... (Jan '15) Jan '15 reality is a crutch 7
News Governor vows to collect cigarette taxes (Aug '10) Nov '14 Carbon Junkie 152
News Paterson: Duffy Would Make a Superb Governor (Jul '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 3
News Thrust into state's top job, David Paterson exi... (Dec '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 5
News Fred Armisen Keeps it Weird (Feb '14) Feb '14 Rahul 1
More from around the web