Feds may move to ban alcoholic energy drinks

Nov 16, 2010 Full story: WSYR 37

Federal regulators are expected to move to ban caffeinated alcoholic drinks as soon as this week, according to a New York senator.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ross

Lady Lake, FL

#22 Nov 16, 2010
Let's see. Unemployment is currently 9.6%. The deficit has grown by $3 trillion since odummy took office. Both business and private citizens wait to see what these idiots plan to do about taxes. The Congressional Black Caucus wants an investigation into the duties of Congressman Clyburn in his new position. Foreclosures are as bad as they were during the height of the housing failure. The Fed is printing money at a record pace. Inflation is expected to rise sharply in 2011.

So what is dumb assed Schumer concerned about-alcoholic energy drinks? Democrats are so out of touch with average Americans, it is pathetic…they don’t have a clue.
Ross

Lady Lake, FL

#23 Nov 16, 2010
By the way, Reid plans to create a new position for this dumb ass. Pelosi has said she will create a new position for Clyburn. These positions will cost in excess of $200 thousand each.

Where do Pelosi and Reid think they get the right to create expensive positions without congressional approval? The same holds for all of odummy’s czars.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#25 Nov 16, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
No one told you weed was Illegal? Why don't you go out now and try to buy some so the cops will arrest you.
I thought you were against government telling you what you can and cannot do. I would've lost that bet.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#26 Nov 16, 2010
Taxed Enough Already wrote:
<quoted text> Marijuana is illegal, hippy, and it kills. Dummy.
I dare you or any other con to back up you're asssertion that people are dying from smoking weed, or, I'll just assume your just another conservative. LMFAO!!!
GSXR

Longmont, CO

#27 Nov 16, 2010
Where in the constitution does it give the federal government the right to be a nanny?
crayz ox3thongee

Phoenix, AZ

#29 Nov 16, 2010
what smart jackwagon!:-0000h, let da fed feed fook for fool :-00000
Taxed Enough Already

Cocoa Beach, FL

#30 Nov 16, 2010
GSXR wrote:
Where in the constitution does it give the federal government the right to be a nanny?
It doesn't. I'm still involved in a lawsuit because the feds came and raided my business because of regulations. Fuck 'em! If someone gets sick of my food or products, that's what the courts are for, but don't tell me how hot my food has to be, or when to wash my hands.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#31 Nov 17, 2010
the Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
No one told you weed was Illegal? Why don't you go out now and try to buy some so the cops will arrest you.
And that's exactly what they're trying to do here, make this drink illegal. Marijuana is less harmful that alcohol. It's all politics.

“RUN, FACISM IS COMMING!!!”

Since: Jul 08

SUBURBIA

#32 Nov 17, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
Democrats hatching "Prohibition" on us? ROFL! What a bunch of Idiot!
The Nation has major Employment, Debt and Deficit problems along with NO FEDERAL BUDGET, yet these derelict Dems are pushing for a ban on energy drinks? W-T-F!
The Dems still haven't gotten the message!
tLL HITS THIS ONE OUT OF THE PARK!!!!!!!!

This is the sort of BS our government has time for now?

We need more mommy governing about what we do to OUR bodies?

like you said, LL, WTF????
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#33 Nov 17, 2010
Americans drank this stuff at a party, ignored the product instructions not to mix it with additional alcohol, and then thought they were all poisoned and had to call the police.

So, just like the morons who buy cold tablets to turn into methamphetamine, a few halfwitted Americans have created yet another restrictive law for everyone else.

Maybe if parents taught their kids how to drink when they were young, like they do in France, we wouldn't have these problems.

But American parents are sadly incompetent and thus your freedoms must be restricted to protect their idiot children from themselves.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#34 Nov 17, 2010
Why should they ban them? why not do what they always wanna do, tax them.

Ted (hic) Kennedy would be appalled. Mary Jo Kopechne cannot be reached for comment.
Shady Lady

United States

#35 Nov 17, 2010
Marijuana is not safer then Alcohol for your health. In Massachusettes where they legalized it some month ago Traffic accidents are up, and violence to women, and children is up. Marijuana is more dangerous then alcohol.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#36 Nov 17, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
Marijuana is not safer then Alcohol for your health. In Massachusettes where they legalized it some month ago Traffic accidents are up, and violence to women, and children is up. Marijuana is more dangerous then alcohol.
more hearsay and propoganda from you with no source to back it up

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53...
http://mphdegree.org/2010/marijuana-vs-alcoho...

just a couple of sites full of research about the two substances

but you won't read into it, because you've already made up your mind, and thats ok

but quit parroting lies based on fear and scare tactics
Obama White House

Tampa, FL

#37 Nov 18, 2010
Idiots!!!!!!!

Alcoholic energy drinks and death panels are part of the current administrations efforts cut down on entitlement programs.

“RUN, FACISM IS COMMING!!!”

Since: Jul 08

SUBURBIA

#40 Nov 19, 2010
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
Americans drank this stuff at a party, ignored the product instructions not to mix it with additional alcohol, and then thought they were all poisoned and had to call the police.
So, just like the morons who buy cold tablets to turn into methamphetamine, a few halfwitted Americans have created yet another restrictive law for everyone else.
Maybe if parents taught their kids how to drink when they were young, like they do in France, we wouldn't have these problems.
But American parents are sadly incompetent and thus your freedoms must be restricted to protect their idiot children from themselves.
JUST BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR RETARDED OFFSPRING NEED A NANNY DOESN'T MEAN ME OR MINE DO.
I AGREE WITH YOU ON MUCH OF THE ABOVE.
BUT IT WOULD BE STUPID, STUPID, STUPID GENERALIZING TO SAY THAT ALL PARENTS FAIL TO RAISE PEOPLE WITH DECENT SELF CONTROL.
Shady Lady

Elgin, IL

#41 Nov 19, 2010
Well, if we could just get all the pot heads together in D C I am sure they would make more sense then they do now, but thank God the rest of America is still staying sober.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#42 Nov 19, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
Well, if we could just get all the pot heads together in D C I am sure they would make more sense then they do now, but thank God the rest of America is still staying sober.
Statistics please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Paterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Sharpton gets paid to not cry 'racism' at c... Jan '15 reality is a crutch 7
Governor vows to collect cigarette taxes (Aug '10) Nov '14 Carbon Junkie 152
Paterson: Duffy Would Make a Superb Governor (Jul '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 3
Thrust into state's top job, David Paterson exi... (Dec '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 5
Fred Armisen Keeps it Weird (Feb '14) Feb '14 Rahul 1
Britney Spears shows off her newly fiery locks ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big mike 1
Six charged over alleged Match.com dating scam ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 shima 1
More from around the web