HEAP Money Stalled In Congress

There are 23 comments on the northcountrynow.com story from Nov 25, 2010, titled HEAP Money Stalled In Congress. In it, northcountrynow.com reports that:

With funding stalled in Congress, local officials are worried there might not be enough money for St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at northcountrynow.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
seriously

Rockville, MD

#1 Nov 26, 2010
now what

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 27, 2010
seriously wrote:
now what
Do what the rest of us do get a job.Happy Holidays.
razor point

Colton, NY

#3 Nov 27, 2010
i was unimployed all winter and was told made just over the amount to get heap.(less than a 100$) i had to cut wood along oad sides and collect pallets to heat my home
hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#4 Nov 27, 2010
Boy, now what for scumbags? Now they actually have to get a job instead of robbing mini marts.
razor point

Evans Mills, NY

#5 Nov 27, 2010
why should able people get free or almost free stuff when they dont want to work. but us who work and get laid off cant get help what kind of message dose that send.dont work stay to home do drugs and drink then go rob places only to get free stuff.

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#6 Nov 27, 2010
One wage earner in the household can still qualify for HEAP and Food Stamps working minimum wage. Not everyone who gets HEAP is on welfare.
UGH

Ithaca, NY

#7 Nov 27, 2010
hmmm wrote:
Boy, now what for scumbags? Now they actually have to get a job instead of robbing mini marts.
Not everybody that gets HEAP is a scumbag you fucking idiot. Sure, there are a few that give the rest of us a bad name, but one bad apple DOES NOT spoil the whole bunch. Some people get disabled, others get laid off and they need some help. DEAL WITH IT. I assure you that there are some that use it for temporary help. Before you automatically assume everyone is a scumbag that's getting help through the DSS, you may wanna get your facts straight before you say the wrong thing to the wrong person.
massena89

Ithaca, NY

#8 Nov 27, 2010
Yeah but a majority of Massena is on HEAP stamps or welfare, people that use the system their whole life have built the name for all that use it. Once and a while you need it great its there, but when you rely on it like a fuckin paycheck those are the people ruining this country
lance

Poultney, VT

#9 Nov 27, 2010
wa wa wa tuff fking shit. Go work somemore to support my ass i need you to ha ha
Too funny

Princeton, NC

#10 Nov 27, 2010
Sorry. Gotta agree with the majority on this one...maybe if people stop having kids that they can't support and if they get off their lazy asses and get a job or two then you wouldn't be freaking out cause your not getting your heat paid for. I have to pay about $100.00 a month for heat plus my electricity and I just deal. Why, cause I have a job and had the amount of kids tht I knew I could pay for...ON MY OWN!!!
hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#11 Nov 27, 2010
UGH wrote:
<quoted text> Not everybody that gets HEAP is a scumbag you fucking idiot. Sure, there are a few that give the rest of us a bad name, but one bad apple DOES NOT spoil the whole bunch. Some people get disabled, others get laid off and they need some help. DEAL WITH IT. I assure you that there are some that use it for temporary help. Before you automatically assume everyone is a scumbag that's getting help through the DSS, you may wanna get your facts straight before you say the wrong thing to the wrong person.
C'mon UGH.. you are a scumbag. I am sure you are the scummer who gets the free dinner from St. Vincent DePaul and free heat and free food and free clothes and free...well everything. Scumbags (like you) can TOTALLY live for free in the county. Stop the denial scummer..walks like scumbag..talks like a scumbag..YOU MUST BE A SCUMBAG!!!
UGH

Ithaca, NY

#12 Nov 27, 2010
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon UGH.. you are a scumbag. I am sure you are the scummer who gets the free dinner from St. Vincent DePaul and free heat and free food and free clothes and free...well everything. Scumbags (like you) can TOTALLY live for free in the county. Stop the denial scummer..walks like scumbag..talks like a scumbag..YOU MUST BE A SCUMBAG!!!
Yup, you got me pegged, don't you? Mouth breathing idiots like you give decent people a bad name. If it weren't for inbred jackasses like you there wouldn't be any need for welfare, HEAP, DSS or otherwise. BTW, how many more scum-related words can you fit into your sentences? I can tell you were born and raised in this cesspool town and this is where your family will put your tombstone when it's your time to go.
hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#13 Nov 27, 2010
UGH wrote:
<quoted text> Yup, you got me pegged, don't you? Mouth breathing idiots like you give decent people a bad name. If it weren't for inbred jackasses like you there wouldn't be any need for welfare, HEAP, DSS or otherwise. BTW, how many more scum-related words can you fit into your sentences? I can tell you were born and raised in this cesspool town and this is where your family will put your tombstone when it's your time to go.
Drunk again I see..whaa what a scumbag you are.
lance

United States

#14 Nov 27, 2010
Why don,t you all fking grw up.What makes one person any better than the other? Wheather you have a job or not
razor point

Adams, NY

#15 Nov 28, 2010
actully what bothers me the most about the heap is that there is people with tractors wooded property and still get wood from heap only to turn around and sell. that is wrong no matter if you never worked a day in your life or unemployed if you quilify for heap respect it.
not a scumbag

Ithaca, NY

#16 Nov 28, 2010
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon UGH.. you are a scumbag. I am sure you are the scummer who gets the free dinner from St. Vincent DePaul and free heat and free food and free clothes and free...well everything. Scumbags (like you) can TOTALLY live for free in the county. Stop the denial scummer..walks like scumbag..talks like a scumbag..YOU MUST BE A SCUMBAG!!!
so ppl who are disabled and can't work and realy need's the help are scumbag's right?wroung i worked from 17yrs old till a few yrs ago and due to injury's i am now unable to work dose that make me or ppl like me a scumbag?i use to think the way you do and thought nothing would ever happen to me and i would alway's be working haha yeah right i thought wroung you see not everyone has to get help and can work then ya thay are scumbag's but don't call everyone who get's heap or help one becouse some are not on it becouse thay wan't to be it's becouse thay have to be,you said something about free food?well what about ppl with new cadalacs getting free food?to me that make's them a scumbag,you wait someday you wont beable to work and your going to need help and then what?that going to make you a scumbag?lol futer scumbag thats funny.well i guess im a scumbag then oh well cool scumbag number 1 of massena i guess lmfao.
lance

Cropseyville, NY

#18 Nov 28, 2010
Don,t let some jerks on here get to you. There comments are not worth a grain of salt. Oh and for everyone,s infomation IDO HAVE A JOB AND WHY SHOULD IT MATTER TO ALL OF YOU.gROW THE F UP
hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#19 Nov 28, 2010
lance wrote:
Don,t let some jerks on here get to you. There comments are not worth a grain of salt. Oh and for everyone,s infomation IDO HAVE A JOB AND WHY SHOULD IT MATTER TO ALL OF YOU.gROW THE F UP
You must be the retard who collects shopping carts at Price Chopper.
Hunter

Ithaca, NY

#20 Nov 28, 2010
I can understand a LITLE assistance once in a while, but how is it that people get 30-40 cords of wood??? What they hell wre they heating? My house take less than 15 a year. Come on!!! My tax dollars at work!
freeze for all i care

Saranac Lake, NY

#21 Nov 28, 2010
if you cant afford heat then get a JOB instead of screwing anyone that walks by to have more kids to get bigger welfare check skumbags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Paterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A.M. Roundup: Goodbye rain, hello Havana Apr '15 Don from Canada 1
News How Sharpton gets paid to not cry 'racism' at c... Jan '15 reality is a crutch 7
News Governor vows to collect cigarette taxes (Aug '10) Nov '14 Carbon Junkie 152
News Paterson: Duffy Would Make a Superb Governor (Jul '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 3
News Thrust into state's top job, David Paterson exi... (Dec '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 5
News Fred Armisen Keeps it Weird (Feb '14) Feb '14 Rahul 1
News Britney Spears shows off her newly fiery locks ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big mike 1
More from around the web