Andrew Cuomo's property tax cap: Would it help or hurt?

Dec 19, 2010 Read more: Post-Standard

New York Gov.-elect Andrew Cuomo has proposed a 2 percent property tax cap on school districts, local governments and fire, library and other special districts.

Read more

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 20, 2010
Bull - this pretty much guarantees that property taxes will increase at least 2% per year. And there's a loophole for "emergencies".

I wonder what the first emergency will be in NYS that will need immediate action to avoid a crisis.
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#2 Dec 20, 2010
let us say this about that, andy reduce property owners taxes.

foget about the caps...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Paterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Sharpton gets paid to not cry 'racism' at c... Jan '15 reality is a crutch 7
News Governor vows to collect cigarette taxes (Aug '10) Nov '14 Carbon Junkie 152
News Paterson: Duffy Would Make a Superb Governor (Jul '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 3
News Thrust into state's top job, David Paterson exi... (Dec '10) Aug '14 Diamond Daisy 5
News Fred Armisen Keeps it Weird (Feb '14) Feb '14 Rahul 1
News Britney Spears shows off her newly fiery locks ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Big mike 1
News Six charged over alleged Match.com dating scam ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 shima 1
More from around the web