Killing Zebra Mussels With Environmen...

Killing Zebra Mussels With Environmentally Safe Bacteria

There are 8 comments on the CBS Local story from Sep 12, 2011, titled Killing Zebra Mussels With Environmentally Safe Bacteria. In it, CBS Local reports that:

With a snorkel and pair of flippers, a diver scours the bottom of Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Paul

La Grange, IL

#1 Sep 13, 2011
What a giant fiasco.

What a waste of money.

Who comes up with these programs and why haven't they been fired and their departments eliminated?
BTW

Delano, MN

#2 Sep 14, 2011
Zebra mussels are transported from lake to lake by waterfowl.

The DNRs attempts to stop the spread by boat inspections is laughable.

Really sad considering how cash strapped the taxpayers are and Government just keeps finding ways to urininate away money.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3 Sep 14, 2011
BTW wrote:
Zebra mussels are transported from lake to lake by waterfowl.
The DNRs attempts to stop the spread by boat inspections is laughable.
Really sad considering how cash strapped the taxpayers are and Government just keeps finding ways to urininate away money.
I thought the boat inspections were for a variety of invasive species.
Tennessee Tuxedo

Boise, ID

#4 Sep 14, 2011
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the boat inspections were for a variety of invasive species.
Yes, and each and every one of them is carried by waterfowl.

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#5 Sep 14, 2011
BTW wrote:
Zebra mussels are transported from lake to lake by waterfowl.
The DNRs attempts to stop the spread by boat inspections is laughable.
Really sad considering how cash strapped the taxpayers are and Government just keeps finding ways to urininate away money.
the majority of lake erie zebra mussels were transported when ocean going ships would blow their ballast navigating the st. laurence after unloading...
BTW

Delano, MN

#6 Sep 14, 2011
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>the majority of lake erie zebra mussels were transported when ocean going ships would blow their ballast navigating the st. laurence after unloading...
Indeed.

Environmentalists changed rules on ballast water requiring ships from Europe to NOT flush the fresh water from their ballast tanks and replace it with salt water while on the high sea. It seems they didn't want the nasty salt water to pollute the pristine fresh water of the Great Lakes.

Well it worked the pristine Great Lakes don't get the salt water any longer and now we got invasive bugs, plants, mussels and who knows what else from Europe.

Environmentalists, ya gotta love 'em.
Margin of Error

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Sep 14, 2011
BTW wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Environmentalists changed rules on ballast water requiring ships from Europe to NOT flush the fresh water from their ballast tanks and replace it with salt water while on the high sea. It seems they didn't want the nasty salt water to pollute the pristine fresh water of the Great Lakes.
Well it worked the pristine Great Lakes don't get the salt water any longer and now we got invasive bugs, plants, mussels and who knows what else from Europe.
Environmentalists, ya gotta love 'em.
And who do you think gave us that wonderful Lamprey.
BTW

Delano, MN

#8 Sep 22, 2011
I saw a CO shooting ducks and geese, she was inspecting their bodies for invasive species..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dan Malloy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut continues to fail undocumented stud... Jun '16 o see the light 8
News Bridgeport's Ayala resigns from DMV commissione... (Jan '16) Jan '16 America Gentleman... 3
News Ayala promises to refund fees wrongly charged (Jan '16) Jan '16 BPT 13
News Malloy hammered in new Quinnipiac Poll (Oct '15) Oct '15 mr cheech 1
News Pat Robertson: Gays Will Force Christians To Li... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Christaliban 2
News Conn. Gov. Malloy to sign executive order over ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Comrade deBlowzio 1
News These Sandy Hook ideas deserve action (Mar '15) Mar '15 Aldridge 1
More from around the web