Trans Citizens Gain Protections in Conn.

Jul 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

The governor of Connecticut, Dan Malloy, signed a trans-inclusive anti-discrimination bill on the evening of July 6, according to a Human Rights Campaign press release.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2011

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

I would like to see someone in political office of a fairly high level come out as transgender - I think it would be a great help for the trans community.

“I Support Equality”

Since: Jun 07

Beaverton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Pgetty wrote:
Great link. My thanks. And Congrats to CN and all Trans people there. It's about time we (LGBT community) stopped the bus and picked you all back up.

All of you have endured being kicked to the sidelines by the National Orgs for far too long.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

sorry. CT not CN

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

I am very pleased about this bill being signed into law in Connecticut. I have family there and when I visit I will be a lot more secure in the knowledge that any harmful discrimination I face will be illegal, giving recourse under the law.

I note that this is the very first time such a law has been passed *after* legal same sex marriage equality was instituted. Congratulations, Connecticut, and thank you!

Massachusetts? New York? It's your turn now!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dan Malloy Discussions

Search the Dan Malloy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Malloy defends decision to scrap rebate checks Apr '14 angrybloggingchimp 4
State grants funding to purchase 41 acres of op... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Foamer King 1
New England governors forge energy pact (Dec '13) Dec '13 KitemanSA 2
State Responders Involved In 12/14 Tragedy To R... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Nulli Secundus 1
Bridgeport celebrates opening of new Fairchild ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 America Gentleman Samuel 1
Connecticut microgrid program unique in the nation (Aug '13) Aug '13 LessHypeMoreFact 4
Powering up: Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton (Jul '13) Jul '13 Apefonzo 1
•••
•••