Christie predicts big Romney win in debate

Oct 1, 2012 Full story: WOC-AM Davenport 42

The bruising Republican primaries will pay off for Mitt Romney when he debates President Obama this week, New Jersey Gov.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Oct 1, 2012
It will certainly be interesting, on many levels.

First, which Romney will shw up?
Romney's only chance is to distance himself from the xtremis, tea-party-theocrat-plutocrat-n ot-conservative-libertarian fringe that omehow dominates the GOP today.

Should Romney alienate these fringes, somrof his money, and much of hisworker-support will dry up. What to do?
It will be enteraining just to watch the Mittster in his dancing shoes.

Second, Romney will have to resist saying something extremely stupid, or corrosive. No Americans are self-pittying victims assertions.

Third, he will have to stop talking in meaningless generalities, and be specific about how he can cut taxes for the rich, keep such programs as Social Security and Medicade, and not throw the entire burden on the mddle class.I can't wait to hear that one.

Fourth, Romney will have to realize that as good of a debator as he is; techique will not triumph over content, and his opponant has him down on content.

Fifth, whatever code words that Romney uses to reassure his base, will work negatively with the undecided voters he is trying to reach.

To sum up, while Romney might debate, and sound better than Obama, he must deliver what he has not been able to; solutions that actually will work. When he falls back to trickle down (Romney's only known solution,) Obama will slap him silly.

I wish I smoked pot, this is a debate to watch 'stoned.'

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#2 Oct 1, 2012
Romney is going to win big? LOL!!!

It must have been the donuts talking thru Christie's pie hole...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 1, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
Romney is going to win big? LOL!!!
It must have been the donuts talking thru Christie's pie hole...
Sounds to us, your post is talking through Franken's pie hole??

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
It will certainly be interesting, on many levels.
First, which Romney will shw up?
Romney's only chance is to distance himself from the xtremis, tea-party-theocrat-plutocrat-n ot-conservative-libertarian fringe that omehow dominates the GOP today.
Should Romney alienate these fringes, somrof his money, and much of hisworker-support will dry up. What to do?
It will be enteraining just to watch the Mittster in his dancing shoes.
Second, Romney will have to resist saying something extremely stupid, or corrosive. No Americans are self-pittying victims assertions.
Third, he will have to stop talking in meaningless generalities, and be specific about how he can cut taxes for the rich, keep such programs as Social Security and Medicade, and not throw the entire burden on the mddle class.I can't wait to hear that one.
Fourth, Romney will have to realize that as good of a debator as he is; techique will not triumph over content, and his opponant has him down on content.
Fifth, whatever code words that Romney uses to reassure his base, will work negatively with the undecided voters he is trying to reach.
To sum up, while Romney might debate, and sound better than Obama, he must deliver what he has not been able to; solutions that actually will work. When he falls back to trickle down (Romney's only known solution,) Obama will slap him silly.
I wish I smoked pot, this is a debate to watch 'stoned.'
Benghazi is Obama's Bay of Pigs. And you are one of the biggest Pigs along with Susan Rice and Hillary..gubmint news blows.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 1, 2012
I predict that Chris Christie will soon suffer from anorexia.
Mr Marty

Huntington Station, NY

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Let's hope Romney's programming doesn't crap out during the debate. A free-lancing Romney wouldn't be pretty to witness.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#7 Oct 1, 2012
How does one define "win" in one of these debates?
ZThe word simply does not apply unless the object is to rally supporters around a debate participant. Christie never used the word; it is only the media focused on superficialities.

The purpose of the debate is to allow each participant an opportunity to lay out his ideas and plans, and explain how they are better than those of the other particpants.

The winners of the Presidential debates are the voters who finally have an opportunity to hear what where each candidate stands, straight from their own mouths without spin.

I look forward to hearing both Romney and Obama. I want to hear from Romney how his plans are better than Obama's. I want to hear from Obama why he thinks the continuation of his plans are better than Romney's alternatives.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#8 Oct 1, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
How does one define "win" in one of these debates?
ZThe word simply does not apply unless the object is to rally supporters around a debate participant. Christie never used the word; it is only the media focused on superficialities.
The purpose of the debate is to allow each participant an opportunity to lay out his ideas and plans, and explain how they are better than those of the other particpants.
The winners of the Presidential debates are the voters who finally have an opportunity to hear what where each candidate stands, straight from their own mouths without spin.
I look forward to hearing both Romney and Obama. I want to hear from Romney how his plans are better than Obama's. I want to hear from Obama why he thinks the continuation of his plans are better than Romney's alternatives.
Romney's already toast. If Romney has to reiterate vague plans and hypothetical policies, he's toast-ier.
Romney has a little something to offend every voter. He needs a hail Mary performance in the debates, but Mary is not important to his sect.
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#9 Oct 1, 2012
If people are waiting for debates to make up their mind who they are for, it goes to show you how we are doomed to failure. With all the information sources readily available to all of us if you need the debates to make up your mind, your an idiot on several levels,and that is why we are doomed cause we let idiots vote.

excartpuller

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Oct 1, 2012
$6000 to $10,000 Romney middle class taxes would be hard to swallow.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#11 Oct 1, 2012
excartpuller wrote:
$6000 to $10,000 Romney middle class taxes would be hard to swallow.
Compared to gutting Social Security and Medicare, war in Iran and the fate of 47% of Americans, that's nothing.
ObamaTheTurd

Concord, CA

#12 Oct 1, 2012
I hope my teleprompter and ear piece don't fail. I get advice and hand jobs from that midget George stephanopolouse
ObamaTheTurd

Concord, CA

#13 Oct 1, 2012
my legacy will be cash for clunkers,fast n furious and a shitty golf game. Suckers
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#14 Oct 1, 2012
I predict Christie will become so fat he will require a much larger governor chair.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Oct 1, 2012
Christie is just doing his part to help sink Romney's campaign because Christie wants to run in 2016!

Christie has started a new diet in preparation for his 2016 campaign run. Fat-boy's gotta lose about 200 pounds.
Austinite

Austin, TX

#16 Oct 1, 2012
It's not over until the fat man sings. Send in that floating fat man, the spice must flow.
Gravediggers

United States

#17 Oct 1, 2012
Oh, no! obama is the best debater. The media will not tolerate Obama losing any debate.

Mitt Romney will be criticized for the way he walks on stage, the clothes he is wearing, the smile on his face, the perfectly coiffed hair, the number of times he blinked and the obhorrent way he talked to the President.

ALL HAIL OUR KING OBAMA! HE WILL SUCCEED IN THE DEBATES! HE IS PERFECT.

Obama has the perfect antidote to an ailing economy.

Obama has the perfect foreign policy.

Obama has the perfect response in every situation.

Mitt Romney is all wrong.
Gravediggers

United States

#18 Oct 1, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Compared to gutting Social Security and Medicare, war in Iran and the fate of 47% of Americans, that's nothing.
Speaking of gutting....have you read the Manhattan Institute's analysis of your state, CALIFORNIA?

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/cr_71...

Loss of population: 3.4 million

"The data show a pattern of movement over the past decade from California mainly to states in the western and southern U.S.: Texas, Nevada, and Arizona, in that order, are the top magnet states. Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Idaho, and Utah follow. Rounding out the top ten are two southern states: Georgia and South Carolina."

State and local governments’ CONSTANT FISCAL INstability, which sends at least two discouraging messages to businesses and individuals. One is that they CANNOT count on state and local governments to provide essential services—much less, tax breaks or other incentives. Second, chronically out-of-balance budgets can be seen as tax hikes waiting to happen."

AND SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! California is REFORMING THEIR PENSION SYSTEM

"The legislation will INCREASE the RETIREMENT AGE for new employees, CAP the annual PAYOUT at $132,120, ELIMINATE numerous ABUSES of the system and require WORKERS who are not contributing half of their retirement costs TO PAY MORE."

SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't tell Scott Walker!

SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't tell Nancy Pelosi!

Now, what the hell is CALIFORNIA going to do for their fAILING educational system, once the BEST in the nation?

And how about that one third on government assistance who are living in CA!!!

NO WONDER THERE'S A FLOOD LEAVING.....DEMOCRATS HAVE DESTROYED A BEAUTIFUL STATE!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/01/cali...
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#19 Oct 1, 2012
Romney will consult with Todd Akin the Republican Poster Child before the debate.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Oct 1, 2012
Christie also predicted slim down to a single person by Election Day. Well, there's still 40 plus days to go, and just half the western hemisphere to lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Christie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll: Rand Paul shows early strength in New Ham... Nov 24 Le Jimbo 1
US Supreme Court refuses to block SC gay marriages Nov 22 Xstain Mullahs 30
New Jersey's high property taxes are fault of f... Nov 19 USS LIBERTY 3
Christie's Not in New Jersey Much - But When He... Nov 18 Ace McMillan 4
New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Cert... (Dec '13) Nov 16 TerryE 5
2016 looms as Christie to make pig decision Nov 14 Your Ex 3
Don't Do AC? Atlantic City Alliance board votes... Nov 14 Intheknow 1

Chris Christie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE