Christie Says Paterson Shouldn't...

Christie Says Paterson Shouldn't Be Asking for More Money

There are 17 comments on the The Alternative Press story from Sep 24, 2012, titled Christie Says Paterson Shouldn't Be Asking for More Money. In it, The Alternative Press reports that:

Apparently, Gov. Chris Christie doesn't think too highly of a City Council proposal to declare a state of emergency because of Paterson's crime problem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Alternative Press.

Ms Concerned

Paterson, NJ

#1 Sep 24, 2012
That is right Paterson does have a problem with high crime and financial maybe if they start giving people fines that is making Paterson look like the slums of philli maybe Paterson would be an up standing town but no one wants to straighten it out but is eager to stretch out there hand with a tin can and beg for a hand out they do not know how to manage..how is it that Paterson only charge 5cents for a copy of police report and other towns like JC charge $10. Don't Paterson know charging 5cents it's like throwing a penny in a wishing well that never see the wish as in Paterson will always cry broke if they don't start in forcing there fines and looking how to make there town grow financialy . I would mind paying $10. For a police report if money is going to paterson and get it from looking like a crack look etc
Felis74

East Orange, NJ

#2 Sep 25, 2012
Ms Concerned wrote:
That is right Paterson does have a problem with high crime and financial maybe if they start giving people fines that is making Paterson look like the slums of philli maybe Paterson would be an up standing town but no one wants to straighten it out but is eager to stretch out there hand with a tin can and beg for a hand out they do not know how to manage..how is it that Paterson only charge 5cents for a copy of police report and other towns like JC charge $10. Don't Paterson know charging 5cents it's like throwing a penny in a wishing well that never see the wish as in Paterson will always cry broke if they don't start in forcing there fines and looking how to make there town grow financialy . I would mind paying $10. For a police report if money is going to paterson and get it from looking like a crack look etc
The current state of affairs in the City of Paterson can be attributed to several dysfunctional administrations, plus, parents not raising their children properly.
Ms Concerned

Paterson, NJ

#3 Sep 25, 2012
Parents not raising there children properly has nothing to do with patersons financial ruins if you look at the ruins of Paterson it's being caused by adults this is the first time I can say that children that come from bad upbringing is not bringing chaos to the streets it's the adults all the way from The Administration to the Crack Heads. Until the adults don't start cleaning literally our streets from garbage to be ignorant to the law and life they will still keep calling WOLF
Felis74

East Orange, NJ

#4 Sep 25, 2012
Ms Concerned wrote:
Parents not raising there children properly has nothing to do with patersons financial ruins if you look at the ruins of Paterson it's being caused by adults this is the first time I can say that children that come from bad upbringing is not bringing chaos to the streets it's the adults all the way from The Administration to the Crack Heads. Until the adults don't start cleaning literally our streets from garbage to be ignorant to the law and life they will still keep calling WOLF
I said it was a combination of both, which also means that if more parents raised their children properly, they wouldn't become criminals, which would reduce the crime rate; it's very logical.
Felis74

East Orange, NJ

#5 Sep 25, 2012
Ms Concerned wrote:
Also, your grammar and spelling needs a lot of work.
jillian

Islip, NY

#6 Sep 25, 2012
raising children properly is a good thing.To show them what not to become.A crack head ,a criminal,a prostitute,not to get prego at 15 so they wount be on welfare for ever!!!!!!! even to cross the street on a red ligh all of this helps patersons finantial ruins i think felis74 is righ there are jobs for people who are looking to work but i guess its Easier to blame others for problems !!!!!
newswatch

Clifton, NJ

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Christie has shaken things up. The Mayor and Council and PD must do more with less. Simple.Why should all of us pay for Paterson? They already are getting a free ride on schools!
newswatch

Clifton, NJ

#8 Sep 25, 2012
Ms Concerned wrote:
THE STATE HAS ORDERED TOWNS TO NOT CHARGE $10 for copies. Another LIBERAL order that cost YOU money. If it's 5cents who do you think is paying for the employee, the electric etc in City Hall? YOU! Another raise of your taxes--that's why complete reform was and is necessary-Go Christie Go!
Nereida

Paterson, NJ

#9 Sep 25, 2012
paterson has greatly declined quality of life...decent citizens should be moved out...the City Administration has worsen everything from budget to provide services that taxpayers are paying for...Public Works Director and others have done nothing for the City, except for getting a big pay check. I witnessed a City Workers employee doing his personal laundry during working hrs. Dirty city, down town paterson looks like horrible, no enough trash cans...lots of people late at night and kids destroying private property and their parents do not care..my property is always vandalized and drug dealers is the daily bread...Many of these people are on State Aid getting a good monthly check for nothing from generation thru generation and never worked on their life.
Ms Concerned

Paterson, NJ

#10 Sep 25, 2012
Thank you nereida you see what I see the slum in Paterson. Even though I love gov christies attitude even changing things and taking things .. Why is it that the people that are being taken from are throwing there hands up and saying omg what I'm going to do now I can't move I can't breath I'm not going to do nothing cuz omg they changed this they took that instead of crying and doing nothing. Why not think another way how to make money to make things to a positive. One thing about state, city, union jobs, they are the most laid back jobs that if u get a job in one you can feel what retirement is all about throw your feet up and collect on you income and do nothing they don't care if the floor gives way from underneith until its not in the news they will not budge, just like Paterson if they don't send the secret service the FBI or someone big to make a thorough investigation why and where is Paterson money's are going Paterson will always calling broke.not managed right etc. I need a cup of coffe double shot smh
Ms Concerned

Paterson, NJ

#11 Sep 25, 2012
Felis74 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, your grammar and spelling needs a lot of work.
my grammar was enough for you to respond to it...Smh..
Ms Concerned

Paterson, NJ

#12 Sep 25, 2012
FYI ms felis 74....we are talking about how Paterson is calling broke... Does my grammar have anything to do with the financial woes... Do you work for the city because they usually find something else then the problem to complain about that's why nothing gets done...
newswatch

Clifton, NJ

#13 Sep 26, 2012
Many good points on this issue--we should also talk about many things that Paterson has in its favor-It's the County Seat and hundreds of people come there everyday to work and go to court etc. Without it many people with money to spend would not be there and many businesses would not survive. The CITY should use that as a plus instead of complaining about the County buildings not being taxed.The Falls,highway access, Eastside housing that is outsatnding should be praised. Simple things that cleaned up NYC under Guiliani can happen immediately if the CITY would just wake up. Get rid of graffiti, litter, illegal apartments,smoking in restaurants and bars-- things that make it feel like Paterson allows these things is BAD. Yes public workers are LUCKY to have such secure jobs but those days are over. They need to prove themselves by going the extra mile. Inspect, cleanup and fine not matter who the violators are. Christie is right you can't put good money into a situation where they have the dollars but don't use them to the fullest.
savagetruth

South Orange, NJ

#14 Sep 27, 2012
Raising children right is definitely one of many things we need to do but also we need to look at the corrupt officers, the teachers at our schools, the lack of jobs among many other problems. Most people are smart and only engage in criminal activity because of money issues, lack of vocational training or for protection. Any others are just going to do what they do. We as a society learn to brand and outcast people early in life and those labels stick. Someone goes to jail and they're automatically a criminal for the rest of their life. Lets say you smoke marijuana and get caught. Now you're looking at possession of a controlled dangerous substance, which is an oxymoron if I ever heard one, for marijuana. A drug that nobody takes seriously in the first place, that most Americans have tried, that is natural, you can't overdose or get a disease from besides cancer, but that goes with smoking period. I personally know a lot of people that struggle to find jobs and havent found any and criminals that can't shake their past or can't stop their activities because then who's going to feed their families. Everybody that wishes for these people to stop doing what they are doing, I guarantee is god fearing and they still judge people. Instead of sitting downtown with a megaphone yelling about how we need to clean up these streets, how about you create a vocational nonprofit that teaches people to do things and go to these areas and hand out flyers. No, you want to yell and label people to seperate them and make them feel like outcasts or make them feel like they can never be a part of society. When things are taken away that help people and they have no way to support themselves or family, crime is going to rise.
Felis74

East Orange, NJ

#15 Sep 27, 2012
Ms Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>my grammar was enough for you to respond to it...Smh..
Yes, to let you know that poor grammar detracts from your argument. By the way, there's a word missing in your post.
Felis74

East Orange, NJ

#16 Sep 28, 2012
Ms Concerned wrote:
FYI ms felis 74....we are talking about how Paterson is calling broke... Does my grammar have anything to do with the financial woes... Do you work for the city because they usually find something else then the problem to complain about that's why nothing gets done...
No, I don't work for the City of Paterson.

Furthermore, several dysfunctional administrations contributed to its current financial woes.

Moreover, I reiterate what I posted earlier: The current crime way can't only be blamed on the City; if parents had raised their children properly, then, we'd have better students and fewer criminals, it's all very logical.
Ms Concerned

Paterson, NJ

#17 Oct 12, 2012
Felis74 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to let you know that poor grammar detracts from your argument. By the way, there's a word missing in your post.
yes, ignorance. Thanx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Christie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rubio endures an assault in a rollicking Republ... 1 hr DR X 17
News The Campaign Trail 2 hr Still looking 4 WMD 4
News The word Republicans and Democrats want to own 3 hr JANE ANN 1
News N.H. crossdresser supports Donald Trump 3 hr JANE ANN 1
News Herea s what Rubioa s a glitcha of an answer wa... 7 hr mohammad said 1
News Will the Momentum Continue? Cruz enters debate ... 8 hr Le Jimbo 4
News Donald Trump and Ted Cruz participate in the Re... 12 hr -Dont Panic- 5
More from around the web