State employee pay and benefits are u...

State employee pay and benefits are up in the air

There are 4 comments on the Idaho Entertainment story from Dec 7, 2008, titled State employee pay and benefits are up in the air. In it, Idaho Entertainment reports that:

State employee pay and benefits are up in the air Gov. Otter's finance chief says he's doesn't know if Idaho will move ahead with plans to raise pay or cut benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Idaho Entertainment.

StateEmploy

Blackfoot, ID

#1 Dec 10, 2008
What most people don't know is that some state employees have allready given up their paid hoiladays. now that might not seem like a big deal only I have to work these days but now I dont recieve compensation, instaed I'm forced to take time off so the state doesn't have to pay me ($2000.00 a year). Now they want me to take 3 days off without pay, and I'm supposed to be happy with the F*&#@*#, maybe if they gave me a kiss. The problem I have with all the bailouts- cutbacks is the fact that it's not my hand in the cookie jar it's the politians and I don't see them cutting back on anything.....
Juvenile_Correct ions

Clarkston, WA

#2 Dec 29, 2008
I have to agree with you StateEmploy. Our agency just initiated a 3day furlough,(forced 3days off with no pay, for those who dont know what it is)... but yet i hear nothing up in Lewiston about what the Govenors Office is doing to help the fiscal crisis... is Butch Otter going to move into the govenors mansion and give up his $4200 a month perdiem for his housing? We have to hack and slash at our programs, and we are administratively releasing juveniles, back into the public, who are still in need of rehab, just becuase our leadership is to good to accept the Federal Assistance package that was offered to the states, he's not willing to increase the sales tax by a single percent, or touch the 300Million in the rainy day funds. We are a hurting, and Govenor Otter is just using this finicial hardship to push his adjenda for smaller government. There are better ways that dont hurt the employees of a stae, if the state of idaho was a company, we would have done gone bankrupt already.
april

Irvine, CA

#3 Jan 7, 2009
Size of the state government is way too big, Idaho can not aford it. If each company in Idaho is going to cut 20%, then state of Idaho has to cut 20%. Services can be cut only so much. That leaves employe pay and compensation on the table. The wormth and security that you feel as state employe when you see Idaho companys cut, slash and burn does and will come around eventualy.
I have noticed

Ringoes, NJ

#4 Jan 31, 2009
I have noticed over the years, and it wasn't that long ago, that the heirarchy of politicians have voted themself's pay raises year after year. Now with that being known, How often do you hear that they are going to take a PAY CUT?
The State Government of Idaho has evolved into a baby sitting entity, that is forced to serve transplants from other states, that move to Idaho, to make availible what they were used to from where they came. Not necessarily the Idaho Way. But, Cut Those programs, Close up some Golf Coarses, Tax the Heck out of RV's, offroad vehicles, tourism, private planes/jets, Gas guzzler autos, new homes that exceed the means for the occupants, ect. And take away state and federal subsidies to farmers who are getting paid, NOT to grow crops on their property. Give tax breaks to people who have tree farms, There are alot of ways to get money, instead of sending out State of Idaho ATF agents with minors to make sting arrests for selling alcohol or cigarettes to minors, when the state should be arrested for encouraging minors to buy alcohol or cigs in the first place. There really are alot of things that don't make sense, and alot of politicians who don't make sense as leaders too. these days.
As for the forests in the state of Idaho, If I was working in the timber industries, I would be ashamed to call myself a forester, these days.
They clearcut off timber these days, and it looks 4-6 times worse than 30 years ago. I managed to get out when gas was at a rediculous price of close to 5 bux a gallon.
The State should be getting excessive tax from the urainium miners in southern Idaho in Blaine County. Where and how much are the state taxing those people? The State needs to be thoroughly examined, imo, by the Central Idaho Agency for compliance and Means, for the State employees are out of control, alot like the federal government in spending sprees, that do not benefit the Citizens of this country

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

C. L. Otter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas leads 10 states in urging Trump to end Ob... Jun '17 Wildchild 3
News AdWatch: Otter hits back on prison scandal - Fr... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Quisnos Republic 1
News Idaho Couples Ask Judge To Rule On Gay Marriage (Feb '14) Feb '14 Fundies R Mentall... 4
News Idaho couples ask judge to rule on gay marriage (Feb '14) Feb '14 WeTheSheeple 1
News Governor Otter tours fire area by helcopter (Aug '12) Aug '12 Damon Dickson 1
News Lottery Celebrates 22nd Anniversary with Record... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Beer Company Worker 1
News Idaho backs Arizona Immigration law (Sep '10) Sep '10 Freedom of speech 2
More from around the web