Ryan won't close Romney's gap with Hispanics

Aug 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Politico

Mitt Romney is on track to lose the Latino vote by a wider margin than any Republican presidential candidate in over a decade, and strategists in both parties say he may have made a bad situation worse with his selection of Wisconsin Rep.

Comments
1 - 20 of 131 Comments Last updated Aug 17, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

He's Catholic. Of course Ryan will get the hispanic voter for Romney. Idiots!
goose

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

More spin from politico. What do you expect that rag to say!
Billy Ringo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

... or with blacks, or with women, or with gays, or with college graduates.

Twitt shoulda picked The Quitta

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

I guess they want a Green Kard and and an EBT KARD to support R&R!!!!!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama's "Greek Columns," High Unemployment, and Divisive Tone, sure won over hispanis. NOT!

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Paul Ryan was a choice that says Mitt Romney is preparing to GOVERN, Not Pander. You can tell what kind of Leader one is by the people he selects.

A weak incompetent boob like Obama picks one of the DUMBEST Sobs to ever walk the Senate floor, Joe Biden. The Biden pick ensured Obama wouldn't get "Shown Up" by an equally smart or smarter & wiser 2nd in command. It ensured he'd have someone to Laugh At.

Joe biden is a Joke. Paul Ryan is a serious choice. Someone who actually submitted his own budget plan and proposed a way to SAVE Medicare vs Obama's LAW TO KILL MEDICARE!

The Choice has become much more clearer: Romney/Ryan 2012!!!!!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

it's all part of the GOP plot to lose the election in the 2012 cycle.
(seems like everyone is trying to lose elections these days)
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Why, how could they BE so ungrateful! Mittens has promised EXTENSIVE work programs as gardeners, housekeepers, lawn experts, and pool boys!

And if they're good enough...they MIGHT get to operate his car elevator for him!

LOL
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

The lyingn loon wrote:
Paul Ryan was a choice that says Mitt Romney is preparing to GOVERN, Not Pander. You can tell what kind of Leader one is by the people he selects.
A weak incompetent boob like Obama picks one of the DUMBEST Sobs to ever walk the Senate floor, Joe Biden. The Biden pick ensured Obama wouldn't get "Shown Up" by an equally smart or smarter & wiser 2nd in command. It ensured he'd have someone to Laugh At.
Joe biden is a Joke. Paul Ryan is a serious choice. Someone who actually submitted his own budget plan and proposed a way to SAVE Medicare vs Obama's LAW TO KILL MEDICARE!
The Choice has become much more clearer: Romney/Ryan 2012!!!!!
More pathetic lies and talking points (but: I repeat myself) from the reTHUGlican playbook.

Can you even THINK for yourself?
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Talk to the hispanics about the economy, jobs, housing.

Obama thinks all hispanics want is immigration reform

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
More pathetic lies and talking points (but: I repeat myself) from the reTHUGlican playbook.
45% unemployment of hispanics around the Fresno area due to nobama/dems/liberals protecting a minnow? Repulican Congressman fighting to have the water flow restored?

You be lying to yourself, boy.

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

harvey likes boys wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL! You may speak to me AFTER you finally find a Job harvey. Until them, get your sorry arse back in the Unemployment line and off the internet. Your mom is kicking you out of her garage next month.

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Rudy Giuliani on Joe Biden:‘He isn’t bright’(TRUE)

By KATIE GLUECK
8/15/12

One explanation for Vice President Joe Biden’s gaffe-prone reputation? He just isn’t very bright, said former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

The former GOP presidential hopeful had harsh words for Biden in the wake of a statement the vice president made yesterday, when Biden told a Virginia audience with a large African American presence that Republicans and Wall Street will “put y’all back in chains.”

“I think if it came from somebody serious, maybe we’d get all excited about it,” Giuliani said on CNBC’s The Kudlow Report, dismissing Biden.“But I think the vice president of the United States has become a laugh line on late night television. I mean, I’ve never seen a vice president that has made as many mistakes, said as many stupid things.…There’s a real fear if, God forbid, he ever had to be entrusted with the presidency, whether he really has the mental capacity to handle it.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/797...

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Joe biden is Dumb

“I mean, this guy just isn’t bright. He’s never been bright. He isn’t bright. People think well, he just talks a little too much. Actually, he’s just not very smart.”

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

The best of guessbidensnextgaffe.com

By KATIE GLUECK
8/15/12

In his latest eyebrow-raising statement, Vice President Joe Biden told an audience, which included a significant number of African Americans in attendance, that the Republicans and Wall Street want to “put y’all back in chains.” In the same speech yesterday, Biden said that together, Democrats could “win back North Carolina”— but his speech took place in Virginia.

-_-

What an Idiot! He may actually be Dumber than Obama!

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Death of the high-minded campaign

By REID J. EPSTEIN
8/14/12

Pundits and politicians expressed optimism Saturday that Mitt Romney’s introduction of Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate signaled the two campaigns would gather themselves for an adult conversation about the nation’s future and the complex problems America faces, lifting a year-old contest filled with small-minded sniping.

The elevated presidential campaign of ideas, fleetingly achieved after months of mudslinging, died Tuesday with gaffe prone Joe Biden calling for "Blacks in Chains."

Vice President Joe Biden warned during a morning rally in Danville, Va., that Romney would return to a deregulated Wall Street, sparking a debate about his inflammatory word choice.“Look at what they’re proposing.[Romney] said in the first 100 days, he’s going to let the big banks write their own rules — unchain Wall Street,” Biden said.“They’re going to put y’all back in chains.”

Republican denunciations of Biden’s use of the word “chains” ricocheted across the Internet. By day’s end, Romney accused Obama of basing his campaign on “hate.”
No truer words have been spoken.

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Obamafilth & Dim Bulb Biden

“Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago and let us get about rebuilding and reuniting America,” Romney told an evening crowd in Chillicothe, Ohio.

“This is an election in which we should be talking about the path ahead, but you don’t hear any answers coming from President Obama’s reelection campaign.… This is what an angry and desperate presidency looks like. He won’t win that way.”

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Scared: Democrats want debate question barred

By TOMER OVADIA
8/14/12

Some Democratic lawmakers want to make sure that one question does not get asked at the upcoming first presidential debate - about Obama's Rejection of Simpson-Bowles.

Three Democratic House members objected Tuesday to a request by four senators that President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney be asked which of the commission’s proposals to address the debt they support. The Democrats said such a question would force “candidates to choose solutions from one menu of options.”

In the original letter, Sens. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Joe Lieberman,(I-Conn.) and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) asked the debate commission to devote “specific and extensive attention to the question of how the candidates would get our nation’s fiscal house in order during the first debate dedicated to domestic policy.”

“Specifically, we request that you ask the presidential candidates which of the recommendations of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform they would adopt as part of their plan to reduce the deficit,” they wrote.

But that caused Reps. Mike Honda (D-Calif.), Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) and Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) to cry foul!

How dare you ask a Straight Forward Question!

Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

I love Saul Wryan. He has strong conservative principles and knows how to make money. After the passage of TARP, he made 8 millions on his stock investments. You lazyass ignorant Dummycrats are just jealous. You want your gravytrains, but hate others for having theirs. It's class warfare. Face it, you pathetic lowlifes hate the rich. The government is the problem. One day Saul Wryan will leave the government and PROVE it. That will be the day you losers stop whining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Truth to Power!”

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Our Divisive President

Barack Obama promised a new era of post-partisanship. In office, he's played racial politics and further split the country along class and party lines.

By PATRICK H. CADDELL
DOUGLAS E. SCHOEN

During the election campaign, Barack Obama sought to appeal to the best instincts of the electorate, to a post-partisan sentiment that he said would reinvigorate our democracy. He ran on a platform of reconciliation—of getting beyond "old labels" of right and left, red and blue states, and forging compromises based on shared values.

President Obama's Inaugural was a hopeful day, with an estimated 1.8 million people on the National Mall celebrating the election of America's first African-American president. The level of enthusiasm, the anticipation and the promise of something better could not have been more palpable.

And yet, it has not been realized. Not at all.

Rather than being a unifier, Mr. Obama has divided America on the basis of race, class and partisanship. Moreover, his cynical approach to governance has encouraged his allies to pursue a similar strategy of racially divisive politics on his behalf.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••