Target pulls card poking fun of Whitney Houston

There are 47 comments on the BayouBuzz.com story from Feb 29, 2012, titled Target pulls card poking fun of Whitney Houston. In it, BayouBuzz.com reports that:

Governor Bobby Jindal and Pixomondo CEO Thilo Kuther announced the creation of a new Pixomondo LLC visual effects studio in Baton Rouge that will create The Louisiana Way is back, if it ever left.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BayouBuzz.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#2 Mar 1, 2012
Good it was in poor taste.
Janette

Hinsdale, IL

#3 Mar 1, 2012
If it wasnt their intention, then why did Target sell the card to begin with? Someone wrote it and I am sure someone saw it before it was put on display. Poor excuse Target, and whoever else was involved with this.
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#4 Mar 1, 2012
Who cares? She was a crack doe.

She should be made fun of.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#5 Mar 1, 2012
Druggie Doll wrote:
Who cares? She was a crack doe.
She should be made fun of.
Yes your mother was.
dunchuss

United States

#6 Mar 1, 2012
Whitney Houston is tragically unaware of what people are saying about her now....She was, to me, an amazing singer...with beautiful attributes. Apparently..Whitney didn'T love herself as much as everyone would have imagined......Maybe she was suffering in many areas that only those closest to her knew........Unfortunately...un til the end of time.....Whitney Houston.will be on the minds of others and abroad....That in itself should be evident enough that she was more than not...adored.....Thanks for the beautiful music Whitney...
The Jist of it

United States

#7 Mar 13, 2012
oh cry me a damn river....houston was arrogant, fake, too rich for her own good so she got bored, and started doing coke and crack with her equally as f'd up husband. All you idiots that put these celebs on a pedestool need to seriously reevaluate your life.
Dino Jr

Euless, TX

#8 Mar 13, 2012
The Jist of it wrote:
oh cry me a damn river....houston was arrogant, fake, too rich for her own good so she got bored, and started doing coke and crack with her equally as f'd up husband. All you idiots that put these celebs on a pedestool need to seriously reevaluate your life.
True , especially the arrogant part.
The Jist of it

United States

#9 Mar 13, 2012
yeah...good riddance IMO
Boo Fecking Hoo

United States

#10 Mar 13, 2012
"Oh cry me a damn river." LOL
Let's get a few things straight...
1. "We don't do crack." "Crack is whack!" Hahahaha!
2. Whitney didn't "check out." (No pun intended here. I mean, she didn't off herself).
3. Feckin' drug dealers, users, crackheads, what-have-you should NOT be glorified and glamorized. This was a huge dilemma and error. She and others like her promote drugs with their public image. BIG PROBLEM! I hope her death produces some change. If not, then ta hell with 'em all. Damn it!
Ready for the big one? Here's the biggest irony of all...
Why the feck is everyone so outta shape about a greeting card sold in bad taste -- the proceeds from which would have only helped me "expect more and pay less," WHEN...
THE PUBLIC SPENT BILLIONS ON HER MUSIC (AND CONTINUES TO SUPPORT OTHER ARTISTS)-- THE PROCEEDS FROM WHICH HELP SUPPORT FECKING CRACK DEALERS?!!!
I hope to God we all think about what our money is supporting but I don't think a greeting card sold in Target is the real problem here!
Get Real

Shepherdsville, KY

#11 Mar 13, 2012
B!tch shouda died sooner. Did nothin' for no one. F ck her with a football.
Boo Fecking Hoo

United States

#12 Mar 13, 2012
Life's a switch...

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Boo Fecking Hoo

United States

#13 Mar 13, 2012
I'm not saying Whitney was not of worth or that her death is justified. Whitney was number one and incomparable in talent and beauty and I'm so sorry she is gone. I'm sorry what drugs did to her.
Problem was that, because of her public image, Whitney 'inadvertently' glorified and glamorized drugs and consequently was doing more harm than good in the public eye. I understand that she was trying to turn her life around. Could she have ever succeeded in making things right? Perhaps.
My message was that (nomatter how talented the artist is) the industry and the public fail to see how they have contributed to this problem and also have a responsibility. This greeting card case poses a curious analogy in this regard.
A meaningful irony!
Boo Fecking Hoo

United States

#14 Mar 13, 2012
"f ck her with a football?" That's not nice!

(GLARE)

You go sit over there ~~~>

And think about what you said.
Boo Fecking Hoo

United States

#15 Mar 13, 2012
I mean, like...
Can you, like, even spell P-R-I-O-R-I-T-I-E-S ?
Like, "Dudes!"
"Pull cards from the shelf?" REALLY!
Why don'tcha yank a coupl'a crack dealers or drug pushers (including pharma) off the fecking streets!
the jist of it

United States

#16 Mar 13, 2012
so in short....she sux, man can you imagine what would happen if michael jackson died unexpectantly........
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#17 Mar 13, 2012
Boo Fecking Hoo wrote:
"f ck her with a football?" That's not nice!
(GLARE)
You go sit over there ~~~>
And think about what you said.
Really, what did a football ever do to deserve that insult.
Boo Fecking Hoo

United States

#18 Mar 14, 2012
Why the hell would anyone make such a comment (football up the ass)? I'm going to try to be tactful. Such a comment is crude, mean-spirited, and pathological. This "football up the ass fantasy" suggests you have a real problem that you may not recognize. Please get some help!
I don't know that much about Whitney's personal life and I'm not about protecting criminals, but this type of hostility is violent and really makes you no less a criminal in my mind.
I will no longer respond to these crude comments.
Druggie Doll

Schenectady, NY

#19 Mar 14, 2012
Look how quickly Whitney crack doe has died down.

That's funny. Here today, gone tomorrow.

She was an aging has been diva from the eighties.

Spring is just around the corner...

The bugs will soon fill her smelly casket.

Nibble, nibble, chew, chew.
Jason

Alexandria, LA

#20 Mar 14, 2012
The only legacy Whitney will leave is a study in what NOT to do when you become rich and famous. She had it all, money, fame, a career to end all careers, and what did she do? Threw it all in the gutter. By the time she finally killed herself with her stupidity she was broke and had lost that voice of hers and her career. Way to go. This is not a person who should be praised or idolized.
Janette

Hinsdale, IL

#21 Mar 14, 2012
This is old news. Jeez why is this still on here? I see there are still sick comments on this topix group
I should have stayed away from here. It is still the same old garbage and awful comments being posted here
I know this is a public group and all but some of you are terrible! It will never end

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Jindal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min messianic114 164,066
News Bristol Palin: Why she backs Duck Dynasty patri... (Dec '13) May 24 Tazo 11
News The Republicans are going to need a bigger clow... May 14 Tazo 1
News 'Duck Dynasty' star backs Jindal as his pick fo... May 14 Billy Ringo 6
News Jindal: 'I don't trust' Obama with trade deal p... May 13 Memo From Turner 26
News Bobby Jindal book on lessons of history coming ... May 6 Le Duped 1
News Jeb Bush just hired an adviser with extensive t... Apr '15 swedenforever 4
More from around the web