Both arguments in the Duck Dynasty debate

Full story: She Knows 118
Whether you're a die-hard Duck Dynasty fan or you've never heard of the firearm-toting family, you've likely now read DD patriarch Phil Robertson's comments that earned him an indefinite hiatus from the A+E Network and incited a national debate. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Gidney

Summersville, WV

#1 Dec 21, 2013
Those at A&E are such hypocritical phonies when they feign dismay at Mr. Robertson's opinions. They knew from the beginning what they were getting with him. They knew that he was a Christian who takes a literal interpretation of the Bible, so DUH, of course he believes homosexuality is a sin. As for the LGBT community, they are acting like a bunch of cry babies. No group is ever universally loved or approved of, so why would they expect to be? You have to be who you are and be true to yourself. Accept that some people are not going to like or approve of you. Realize that no matter who you are or how hard you try, some people are not going to like you. To expect otherwise is childish. It is called the human condition.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 21, 2013
It's not a free speech issue. It is a contractual issue. A&E is able to edit the show, and take out any biblical interpretations/preachings that cross the line. They were well aware of his Phil's past and so we will never know just what is in that contract. I'm sure they would never allow a clip to be seen of him stating that blacks were happy to be working in the fields before the civil war because they were singing gospel songs. Why would A&E be happy about that being in print from one of their "employees"? Everyone is free to state an opinion. There is a time and a place. Phil chose to make his opinion very public. Now he can deal with it. Just like some of the politicians that are now backing him. They will deal with it at voting time. People like Sarah Palin can claim another 15 minutes publicly backing him, because she knows she has a snowballs chance in hell of ever going any farther in politics.
Yep

Stafford, VA

#3 Dec 21, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
It's not a free speech issue. It is a contractual issue. A&E is able to edit the show, and take out any biblical interpretations/preachings that cross the line. They were well aware of his Phil's past and so we will never know just what is in that contract. I'm sure they would never allow a clip to be seen of him stating that blacks were happy to be working in the fields before the civil war because they were singing gospel songs. Why would A&E be happy about that being in print from one of their "employees"? Everyone is free to state an opinion. There is a time and a place. Phil chose to make his opinion very public. Now he can deal with it. Just like some of the politicians that are now backing him. They will deal with it at voting time. People like Sarah Palin can claim another 15 minutes publicly backing him, because she knows she has a snowballs chance in hell of ever going any farther in politics.
You're a stupid bigot queer.
Cat74

Naperville, IL

#4 Dec 21, 2013
How do you edit a Reality show? Isn't it "off the cuff"? I have never seen a DD show, but now I am interested. It can't be as loony as those who are baying at the moon about it.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#6 Dec 21, 2013
" No group is ever universally loved or approved of, so why would they expect to be?"

Agree, but wouldn't that include bible thumpers rattling off Biblical inspired philosophies that may offend a segment of the American population?

Robertson's spiritual ideas where heard and rejected by those offended and, as a result his employer cut ties with him rather than chance being associated with the offensive nature of his ideas.

Who is wrong here for exercising their right?
Gidney wrote:
Those at A&E are such hypocritical phonies when they feign dismay at Mr. Robertson's opinions. They knew from the beginning what they were getting with him. They knew that he was a Christian who takes a literal interpretation of the Bible, so DUH, of course he believes homosexuality is a sin. As for the LGBT community, they are acting like a bunch of cry babies. No group is ever universally loved or approved of, so why would they expect to be? You have to be who you are and be true to yourself. Accept that some people are not going to like or approve of you. Realize that no matter who you are or how hard you try, some people are not going to like you. To expect otherwise is childish. It is called the human condition.
August

Belleview, FL

#9 Dec 22, 2013
It's not a freedom of speech issue. It's a tolerance issue. LGBT screams and cries for tolerance but they give none in return. Tolerance is a two way street.
NE Jade, reading is fundamental. If you'd read what he said, or perhaps just used a little common sense, you'd know he was speaking of black people he personally knew before the Civil Rights Act of the 1960's, not the Civil War. God God, he's not THAT old.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#10 Dec 22, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
How do you edit a Reality show? Isn't it "off the cuff"? I have never seen a DD show, but now I am interested. It can't be as loony as those who are baying at the moon about it.
For every 10 minutes of a reality show there are hours deleted out. Shows could be very boring if everything was left in.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#11 Dec 22, 2013
August wrote:
It's not a freedom of speech issue. It's a tolerance issue. LGBT screams and cries for tolerance but they give none in return. Tolerance is a two way street.
NE Jade, reading is fundamental. If you'd read what he said, or perhaps just used a little common sense, you'd know he was speaking of black people he personally knew before the Civil Rights Act of the 1960's, not the Civil War. God God, he's not THAT old.
Even so, he believes blacks were better off during the Jim Crow days. Seriously? We don't know what clause he broke in his contract. I personally believe A&E should let the old reborn fool open his big trap and distance his own fans. I find what he said offensive, but had it been on TV I simply would turned the channel. The 700 Club claims more outlandish garbage than what old Phil rambled on about. It was A&E's choice to but him on leave. One Million Moms try to get thousands of things censored!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#12 Dec 22, 2013
August wrote:
I also appreciate debating with you without being called names like in post #3. It is people like #3 that think they speak for everyone supporting Phil, and do nothing to add to this discussion.
The American Genocide

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Dec 22, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
What does GLAAD and organized Jewry have in common?

Arnie Kantrowitz -- co-founder of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation [GLAAD].

They promote vile behavior in Follyhood but when a Christian utters their own personal and spiritual beliefs the generally Jew run media cries foul.

Israel Fishman- Founder of the world's first gay professional organization.

Organized Jewry?

http://www.john-friend.net/2012/12/organized -...

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#15 Dec 22, 2013
I am also skeptical enough to know that all of this could be a publicity stunt by A&E and DD and whoever owns GQ. Wouldn't it be interesting to find that the same corporation owns, or has large investments in all three. We could all be pawns. Just throwing that one out there. I'm not quite as delusional as my idiot stalker from Dalton, MA in post #13.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 Dec 22, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
It's not a free speech issue. It is a contractual issue. A&E is able to edit the show, and take out any biblical interpretations/preachings that cross the line.
Sure it is, the interview wasn't part of a show.
Brad

Marlborough, CT

#17 Dec 22, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Even so, he believes blacks were better off during the Jim Crow days. Seriously? We don't know what clause he broke in his contract. I personally believe A&E should let the old reborn fool open his big trap and distance his own fans. I find what he said offensive, but had it been on TV I simply would turned the channel. The 700 Club claims more outlandish garbage than what old Phil rambled on about. It was A&E's choice to but him on leave. One Million Moms try to get thousands of things censored!
A&E made a huge mistake firing this guy for his religious beliefs,theres laws against that.
These same gay activist groups were strangely silent when the cast of another reality show,"All American Muslims,"openly embraced the death penalty for gays.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#18 Dec 22, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
A&E made a huge mistake firing this guy for his religious beliefs,theres laws against that.
These same gay activist groups were strangely silent when the cast of another reality show,"All American Muslims,"openly embraced the death penalty for gays.
He was NOT fired....just suspended. You people can NOT read!!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#19 Dec 22, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, with all of the money he already has.....he was rich BEFORE the show, I think he doesn't really care one way or the other if the show goes on.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#20 Dec 22, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is, the interview wasn't part of a show.
Maybe you could "wonder" just what is in his contract. Phil is a marketable entity of A&E due to a signed contract. I'm not debating with you because just like to stir up cyber drama to add some excitement into your boring day.
Gourds of Ashes

Pittsfield, MA

#21 Dec 22, 2013
Follyhood gets away with this s**t all the time. Who runs it all?
Gourds of Ashes

Pittsfield, MA

#22 Dec 22, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you could "wonder" just what is in his contract. Phil is a marketable entity of A&E due to a signed contract. I'm not debating with you because just like to stir up cyber drama to add some excitement into your boring day.
Maybe you're not debating any further because you are incapable. And effeminate.
:o)

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#23 Dec 22, 2013
Gourds of Ashes wrote:
Folly?
Change your name to "Henny Penny". Your constant rants that the sky is falling are tiring. Go off and try to find, "Turkey Lurky Dizzo" on some other thread.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#24 Dec 22, 2013
Anyone going to watch the DD marathon tonight on A&E?

It's on tomorrow too.

I'm really glad they stuck to their lack of principles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Jindal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Dogen 134,158
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 23 hr Rainbow Kid 41
Bobby Jindal plays in two fantasy football leag... Dec 22 Don 2
Continue reading a ' Dec 18 cash 1
Jindal to help in South Carolina governor's race Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
Ebola in the US: Predictably, a political issue... Oct '14 Delbert 38
Ted Cruz wins Values Voter straw poll, again Sep '14 Your Ex 6
More from around the web