Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75485 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the point of location is on the back of your towel..
How did you know I had a towel ona while ago? lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75486 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you know I had a towel ona while ago? lol
TMI...

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75487 Feb 12, 2013
KandoDogon apropos 'helper'
A hebrew saying: help me help.
It has a bit of a complicated story behind it, but that would be the essence.

St. Croix valley

#75488 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you had to take some post on some board to deal with everyday bureaucratic issues, and found your niche?
Usually people run away screaming. That would be plants..eh democrats.
ironically, having put myself through school working on landscaping crews, i ended up with a degree in landscape design. so I know about how plants turned into democrats....

above and beyond

#75489 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Time zero + 400,000 years, location everywhere.
But yes i sometimes also like to read a bit more. Read a lot from others, contributed a lot, but i was absent for months so always curious whats new.
You started great..long posts very informative.
--
2 quotes (other forum long philosophical discussions about the awareness process of humans, and half a year later it bears fruit)
Evolution as a process of revelation and self-manifestation.
I think of that underlying One in immanent terms, a being or life force that dwells within the universe and all its forms, rather than a Creator from beyond who forms a world that is "other" and separate from its own Self.
How do you know God could be outside his creations and then became his creations? Ever heard of Pandeism? I'm somewhat a Pandeist.

I believe in this claim:

"It is therefore most particularly the belief that the creator of the universe actually became the universe, and so ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity."

but I don't agree with the concept of Deism alone:

Deism (that the creator-god who designed the universe no longer exists in a status where it can be reached, and can instead be confirmed only by reason)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandeism

above and beyond

#75490 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ironically, having put myself through school working on landscaping crews, i ended up with a degree in landscape design. so I know about how plants turned into democrats....
So do you have a green thumb too or is that TMI?

St. Croix valley

#75491 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know God could be outside his creations and then became his creations? Ever heard of Pandeism? I'm somewhat a Pandeist.
I believe in this claim:
"It is therefore most particularly the belief that the creator of the universe actually became the universe, and so ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity."
Deism (that the creator-god who designed the universe no longer exists in a status where it can be reached, and can instead be confirmed only by reason)
Why do you believe this? is there any indication that this might be true? did it just sound cool?

St. Croix valley

#75492 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have a green thumb too or is that TMI?
i do quite well with plants...mainly perennial flowers, never got into veggie gardening much until recently, and that is really a learning experience.

above and beyond

#75493 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you believe this? is there any indication that this might be true? did it just sound cool?
Because I believe in the pantheist concept of One is all and all is one. I'm not sure maybe I'm more of a pantheist.

St. Croix valley

#75494 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I believe in the pantheist concept of One is all and all is one. I'm not sure maybe I'm more of a pantheist.
Again, why do you believe this. what led you to think this is the truth of the universe? some evidence suggesting it may be true? cool name? great swag from the regionsl distributor? what?

Location hidden

#75495 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying 42 is the answer to everything, life, and the universe. So what exactly is T0 +400,000 with no point of location.
Just two links, nothing fancy, one even has cartoonlike pictures(i'm pretty sure the ones i posted last saturday or sunday were not read. Nor the one i reposted)
And at the same time i'm reviewing and sorting out if i still got it right, in my memory.
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/11...
Lyman alpha systems and cosmolgy
http://astro.berkeley.edu/~jcohn/lya.html

above and beyond

#75496 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do quite well with plants...mainly perennial flowers, never got into veggie gardening much until recently, and that is really a learning experience.
I love iris flowers. I want to plant them in my backyard but I'll learn to do that soon. I also love sunflowers, the big ones.

Location hidden

#75497 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo sure you're not a panENtheist?

St. Croix valley

#75498 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I love iris flowers. I want to plant them in my backyard but I'll learn to do that soon. I also love sunflowers, the big ones.
the most common mistake with the iris is planting the corm (bulb) too deep. they like as much sun as they can get and you need to divide them REGULARLY. i too like the many and varied variety of iris flowers that have evolved on our puddly little rock...

put up many bird feeders and use oilers, then you'll get sunflowers in all your gardens whether you want them or not!

St. Croix valley

#75499 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo sure you're not a panENtheist?
Isn't that a shampoo?

above and beyond

#75500 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, why do you believe this. what led you to think this is the truth of the universe? some evidence suggesting it may be true? cool name? great swag from the regionsl distributor? what?
Because the concept makes sense to me. I thought that if God created everything then He is everything. If you study the laws of nature you would understand the patterns used in all creations. From DNA, to the Fibonacci sequence and golden mean or phi in plants and animals to the spiral galaxies in the universe.

Location hidden

#75501 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in this claim:
Not to be confused with Pantheism.
Part of a series on
God
General conceptions
Agnosticism Apatheism Atheism
Deism Henotheism Ignosticism
Monotheism Panentheism
Pantheism Polytheism Theism Transtheism
Specific conceptions
Creator Demiurge Devil Father
Great Architect Monad Mother