Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,761 - 70,780 of 114,419 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't get it can ya?
He always was and always will be.
Funny watching atheist brains smoke!
hardly. he never was and isn't now...

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't seem to understand them...
Actually I find the books hypnotizing. It really can be a believable piece of information while reading it. lol

But honestly, some of them are really exaggerated to the point that it's not even possible even in theory.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yup. and no god did that. even your myths say that god didn't do that. yet you know it happened.

it is always easier when others make my points for me...
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hardly. he never was and isn't now...
"he" should capitalized.

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

There has to be some kind of intervention that took place for species to evolve in some way.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"he" should capitalized.
Assuming why people do things is pretty insulting, isn't it? you may notice i dont' capitalize many things... has more to do with having broken my hands too many times than your ego...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I find the books hypnotizing. It really can be a believable piece of information while reading it. lol
But honestly, some of them are really exaggerated to the point that it's not even possible even in theory.
such as?

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't seem to understand them...
What I don't understand is how something can create itself with no guidance like you atheists believe. Maybe you don't understand DNA or genetics for that matter.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"he" should capitalized.
so, much snow yet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Assuming why people do things is pretty insulting, isn't it? you may notice i dont' capitalize many things... has more to do with having broken my hands too many times than your ego...
Why do you keep breaking your hands? Or is it just the middle finger that's been broken a bunch of times?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep breaking your hands? Or is it just the middle finger that's been broken a bunch of times?
face palms from reading your posts? seriously, i was a landscape installer for many years, just comes with the territory....

makes extending my pinkies out to shift difficult.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>But! a few years ago when the US state of Georgia was suffering a really bad drought, the Governor had a statewide day of prayer for rain...(what a tool!) well, of course, it didn't work, but the nest year they did have massive flooding!
i might almost take that as proof of the god of the bible as in that book he is a real prick also...
The same thing happened in Texas a few years ago to governor Rick Perry.

Despite the total lack of proof that prayer works and the many statistical study proofs that it DOESN'T work, they still try to convince us that prayer is legitimate.

This is solid evidence that their God is bogus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so, much snow yet?
Looks like about nine inches so far.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>face palms from reading your posts? seriously, i was a landscape installer for many years, just comes with the territory....

makes extending my pinkies out to shift difficult.
Should have left it as "face palms from reading your posts". LOL

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like about nine inches so far.
cool! i was having a brain spasm the other day, my chili and tequila party is next weekend, this weekend we had to run down to the cities , it is nmostly rain here. raining hard right now. had @ 2-3", now just slush...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>cool! i was having a brain spasm the other day, my chili and tequila party is next weekend, this weekend we had to run down to the cities , it is nmostly rain here. raining hard right now. had @ 2-3", now just slush...
Ish!

What mess!

We should have over a foot by morning.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ish!
What mess!
We should have over a foot by morning.
winter in the cities is always ish. can't wait to get home.

were you in the cascade area?
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
There has to be some kind of intervention that took place for species to evolve in some way.
".....intervention that took place". Absolutely, they are called deep space aliens. They are the reason for the belief in God(s) and the evolution of all life. Humans like to think they are to smart to be fooled.........they don't have a clue who they are dealing with when it comes to human existence. Humans actually believe in their own superiority......DO YOU KNOW HOW CLOSE WWIII WAS TO BEING LAUNCHED.....EXCHANGING NUKES? The world would be a different place if that button would have been pushed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>winter in the cities is always ish. can't wait to get home.

were you in the cascade area?
Yup

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>".....interventio n that took place". Absolutely, they are called deep space aliens. They are the reason for the belief in God(s) and the evolution of all life. Humans like to think they are to smart to be fooled.........they don't have a clue who they are dealing with when it comes to human existence. Humans actually believe in their own superiority......DO YOU KNOW HOW CLOSE WWIII WAS TO BEING LAUNCHED.....EXCHANGING NUKES? The world would be a different place if that button would have been pushed.
yeah, i remember when i used to smoke a lot of weed too...

bong rips...they're not just for breakfast anymore!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••