I-66 signs will display travel times

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: Gainesville Times 8

Gov. Bob McDonnell announced recently that beginning Aug. 22 motorists will see travel times displayed on Interstate 66 electronic message signs between the Capital Beltway and Gainesville.

Full Story
Gville Mama

Gainesville, VA

#1 Aug 15, 2011
and how will this help traffic?
Nova Dude

Powell, OH

#2 Aug 18, 2011
Just yet another way to waste more tax payers money. This will serve no purpose in the help to better traffic.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 Aug 18, 2012
Ok well I am one of many who use 66 to commute to and from work and I can tell you that 99% of the time these signs are waaaayy off. I kind of chuckle to myself when I'm moving about 25-30 mph in evening traffic and the sign says

Gainesville
16 miles
16 minutes

But it will take me twice as long or more to get to that area. Actually it says this most of the time I pass it. So you're absolutely right, it is a waste of money! If they don't actually use it then what was the point?
HoneyBooBooChild

Gainesville, VA

#4 Aug 18, 2012
Morris Farm. Not Morris FarmS.
what

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Aug 19, 2012
How is it a waste of money when the signs were already there to begin with?
Glenkirk

Bristow, VA

#6 Aug 19, 2012
I love these signs and they give me an idea how much longer before I hit the beltway. They were three before so I'm not sure if there's an added cost for displaying these stats.
Mee

Gainesville, VA

#7 Sep 1, 2012
HoneyBooBooChild wrote:
Morris Farm. Not Morris FarmS.
Soooo many people add the "s", but it's Morris Farm! Thanks for keeping everyone straight!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8 Sep 3, 2012
Wow. Guess my added "s" caused some anxiety. I will certainly correct it before someone has a heart attack.

In reference the the signs (you know the actual topic of this thread), if the signs were already there I guess there wouldn't be much more money involved. Though I do wish they would be more consistent with the accuracy of the info on them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bob McDonnell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell guilty on 11 corrupt... Jan 23 swedenforever 35
Ethics key issue for 2015 assembly Jan 20 Russell Patton Davis 1
Ex-Va. Gov. McDonnell and wife charged with fed... (Jan '14) Jan 14 swedenforever 35
Former Virginia governor Bob McDonnell's downfa... Dec 31 swedenforever 3
Gay marriage cases teed up for justices' action Dec '14 Rick Perry s Closet 1
50 jobs coming to Bland County (Sep '13) Dec '14 Jim 28
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell, Wife Charged With C... (Jan '14) Nov '14 Swedenforever 20
More from around the web