Governor candidates address border security

Oct 2, 2010 Full story: Report news

Perry blames the federal government for the state's border problems. White blames Gov.

Full Story
Adapt and Overcome

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2010
In two terms of office, Perry has received millions of dollars in funding and yet we still have the continued problem. Maybe if he spent more time at work, than on his 1/2 day work day or 4 day weekends, he could nip this problem, but instead he'll play the "blame game". For being such a deficit hawk, he's sure quick to ask for federal money.$135 Million. Did he ask how that was gonna get paid for? Doubt it.

Just like fixing the mansion with stimulus money, he didn't care, he said "I just want it done!" Now he talks about it being immoral and irresponsible spending.
oldgringo

AOL

#2 Oct 3, 2010
Each politician is pointing his finger of blame in the expected direction.... Now, how about both pointing south to where the real source of the problem lies?
Korean Vet

El Paso, TX

#4 Oct 4, 2010
The government keeps its hands in the peoples pocket. Waste and corruption is a democratic hallmark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill White Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5Has Wendy Davis helped or hurt the Democrats i... Oct '14 Fossilfarts 6
Comparing Davis and White (Mar '14) Mar '14 Lloyd Ruby 1
Texas Democratic Party chair seeking voters (Jul '12) Jul '12 PATRIOT 10
Texans Leave the Voting to a Small Minority (Feb '12) Feb '12 ArturoG 1
Fix Washington? Too bad Texas wasn't fixed first (May '11) May '11 MJayM 2
Dems' mission to block 'sanctuary cities' bill ... (May '11) May '11 pigpen911 4
Perry Puts Immigration Atop Session's Agenda (Jan '11) Jan '11 Illegals R Criminals 6
More from around the web