Judge Murphy suspended, arrest warran...

Judge Murphy suspended, arrest warrant sought

There are 29 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 16, 2011, titled Judge Murphy suspended, arrest warrant sought. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The state Supreme Court on Monday suspended a judge who was indicted on bribery charges in what the governor and a prosecutor said is just the beginning of the latest investigation into pay-to-play allegations against former Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
About time

United States

#1 May 16, 2011
Put him right where he belongs like any other criminal.
truth be known

Ashburn, VA

#2 May 16, 2011
... I LOVE IT !!! Corruption in Third Judicial Court !!! Guv Susana Martinez must be GIDDY wih excitement !!!
ruu

Las Cruces, NM

#3 May 16, 2011
It is real shame and sad to see all this going on with
someone that was very liked and now they want to arrest him, and suspended without pay, Judge Murphy, what is next
with all this allegations against him, and what about Bill
Richardson, is he going to be investigated also.
Just Sayin

Albuquerque, NM

#4 May 16, 2011
Murphy's law?
cheese

Gallup, NM

#5 May 16, 2011
Chicago Style baby! Richardson is probably crapping in his pants right about now.

Since: Apr 11

Las Cruces, NM

#6 May 16, 2011
Wonder what happens to all the cases Murphy presided over...........
Carol

Albuquerque, NM

#7 May 16, 2011
What about Judge Driggers who was appointed by Richardson in 2003????? When is he going to be investigated???? I know for a fact that he has given orders that aid and abet tax fraud of at least $250,000.00 minimum. He allowed an attorney that he was clearly partial to to dictate illegal orders as sanctions against the opposing party.
About time

United States

#8 May 16, 2011
Carol wrote:
What about Judge Driggers who was appointed by Richardson in 2003????? When is he going to be investigated???? I know for a fact that he has given orders that aid and abet tax fraud of at least $250,000.00 minimum. He allowed an attorney that he was clearly partial to to dictate illegal orders as sanctions against the opposing party.
Is this by any chance D????
About time

United States

#9 May 16, 2011
I hope he isn't completely broke when he gets hit with a bunch of lawsuits.
Carol

Albuquerque, NM

#10 May 16, 2011
About time wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this by any chance D????
Is this "T"?????
A New New Mexico Movie

Birmingham, MI

#11 May 16, 2011
A new version of Billy the Kid is being written in New Mexico and with the movie credit bill signed I can already see actors lining up for the parts.

1. Danny Trejo from "Machete" could play Bill Richardson.
2. Val Kilmer from "Tombstone" could play Judge Murphy.
3. Eva Longoria from "Desperate Housewives" could play Governor Martinez.
4. The Easter Bunny should appear as lead defense council for Bill Richardson since everyone believes in the Easter Bunny.

Should be a great flick, grab some p-corn and get comfy.
the truth

Las Cruces, NM

#12 May 16, 2011
What a piece of unethical shit bag Murphy and Richardson are. You are a freaking disgrace to this state and community. Put both assess in prison with BUBBA. f------ POLITICIANS.
Julia

Albuquerque, NM

#13 May 16, 2011
Green Chile wrote:
Wonder what happens to all the cases Murphy presided over..........
I would think that if a litigant had evidence that he completely ignored or refused to lok at in order to rule in favor of an attorney he is partial to, and that evidence could have impacted the decision/ruling had it been presented to an honest judge, the courts certainly need to reconsider that. I would strongly urge anyone that ended up with a questionable outcome in their case to bring it back before another judge. The problem is who can be trusted at that court other than Schultz, Reidel and Palamamino????
Jamie

Elgin, AZ

#14 May 16, 2011
Complete Hog Wash!!!
Animal Mother

Farmington, NM

#15 May 16, 2011
A New New Mexico Movie wrote:
A new version of Billy the Kid is being written in New Mexico and with the movie credit bill signed I can already see actors lining up for the parts.
1. Danny Trejo from "Machete" could play Bill Richardson.
2. Val Kilmer from "Tombstone" could play Judge Murphy.
3. Eva Longoria from "Desperate Housewives" could play Governor Martinez.
4. The Easter Bunny should appear as lead defense council for Bill Richardson since everyone believes in the Easter Bunny.
Should be a great flick, grab some p-corn and get comfy.
"Who'll play the indians?"

"We'll let the gooks play the indians!"

Sorry, who can resist a Full Metal Jacket quote?
Judge

Muskegon, MI

#16 May 16, 2011
LCPD is looking for a new chief. I think you are 50% better than the one they have. At least you tell everyone you are a crook.
Harmon Rabb

Farmington, NM

#17 May 16, 2011
I disagree with Judge Schultz on most of her decisions- I've always thought she was too soft on criminals, but I'm really proud of her right now for having the courage to report this.

It's refreshing to see someone addressed as "your Honor" act with honor!
Lucky Lager

Portland, OR

#18 May 16, 2011
Ummm, no comments about the other thief involved, Edgar Lopez?
Julia

Albuquerque, NM

#19 May 16, 2011
the truth wrote:
What a piece of unethical **** bag Murphy and Richardson are. You are a freaking disgrace to this state and community. Put both assess in prison with BUBBA. f------ POLITICIANS.
It's not just Murphy and Richardson, it's all the judges over there except Schultz and the two new judges.
g vasquez

United States

#20 May 16, 2011
susana"s witchhunt, future judge riddle's son was involved in a drive by shooting in las cruces a while back, nutin wrong here ma,O suzie Q app. her maybe he will b charged in 2014,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News beer Sep '16 Sindi 6
News APNewsBreak: New Mexico spaceport authority dir... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Julie F 2
News Former governor: Europeans 'aghast' at Trump (Jul '16) Jul '16 hotincleveland 1
News Up, up and away: Albuquerquea s million dollar ... (May '16) Jun '16 Still 13
News Pay-to-play settlement hearing kicks off in New... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jackson 1
News Ex-New Mexico Gov. Richardson to help Clinton i... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ben Ghazi 1
News read entire article (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
More from around the web