Horse Slaughter May Soon Be Legal in ...

Horse Slaughter May Soon Be Legal in Tennessee

There are 290 comments on the MyEyeWitnessNews.com story from Mar 18, 2012, titled Horse Slaughter May Soon Be Legal in Tennessee. In it, MyEyeWitnessNews.com reports that:

Tennessee lawmakers are trying to pass a bill to make it legal to slaughter horses and sell horse meat. HB3619 passed the House Agriculture Committee and is now headed to the full house and animal advocates are outraged.

Horse meat is popular in foreign countries, like China but animal advocates are against the slaughter of horses and sent a video to Governor Bill Haslam depicting the graphic nature of the act. Their hope is the video will help defeat the bill.

A camera secretly recorded horses being slaughtered in Canada and was posted on YouTube. In the video, a man repeatedly used a stun gun on a horse. It took a total of 11 shocks to knock the horse out, leaving it ready to be killed. The same procedure could come to Tennessee.

"This is horse country and I’m very surprised Tennessee lawmakers are actually promoting what I would call inhumane approached towards caring for animals,” said a Tennessee horse owner Bill Cavagnaro.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyEyeWitnessNews.com.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#330 Apr 9, 2012
PS Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the tip. I would pay the extra price for it. Don't know if I want to try Bison though :/ lol
Makes the best burgers without a doubt.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#331 Apr 9, 2012
http://www.savingamericashorses.org/home.html

This film is a riveting compilation of expert testimony, undercover footage and true life stories about wild and domestic horses. The film presents a focused look into an unseen world of both wild and domestic equines. Great hope is presented through an inspiring and diverse call to action.

OFFICIAL TRAILER for SAVING AMERICA'S HORSES A NATION BETRAYED
&fe ature=player_embedded
Fairy Craigs Conscience

Little Elm, TX

#333 Apr 10, 2012
I hate truth - Fairy Craig wrote:
<quoted text> Good idea to send all ARAs to Anthrax Island. No one will notice since they aren't human.
Perhaps they can live on sand lice and seaweed.
oh boy

Morristown, TN

#334 Apr 25, 2012
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#335 Apr 26, 2012
oh boy wrote:
www.tennessean.com/article/201 20417/NEWS0201/304170003/Horse -slaughterhouse.
Yeah, put it on the back of the table,....waaaaaaaaayyyy back, so far back that it slides off and is forgotten!

“9.99% of what happens...”

Since: Aug 11

...is not on the news

#336 Apr 27, 2012
Rest easy, there will be no horse slaughterhouse in Tennessee. The Americans have spoken, amen.
Old Jake

Brea, CA

#337 Apr 27, 2012
Crazy Like FoxNews wrote:
Rest easy, there will be no horse slaughterhouse in Tennessee. The Americans have spoken, amen.
Amen.People fail to realize horses helped build our country.
oh boy

Morristown, TN

#338 Apr 27, 2012
oh boy

Morristown, TN

#339 Apr 27, 2012

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#340 Apr 27, 2012
Old Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.People fail to realize horses helped build our country.
Correct... horses are beasts of burden.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Haslam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor signs Tennessee a natural and ordinary... May 14 Wondering 3
News Same-sex couples sue over Tennessee 'natural me... May 8 Elizabeth1912 1
News Gay marriage plaintiff urges opposition to Tenn... May 4 Xstain Mullah Fri... 2
News 5 things in the Tennessee General Assembly May 4 Waynes Nude Cheeks 3
News Burchett for governor? The Knox County mayor is... May 1 South Knox Hombre 10
News Meritor plans expansion of Morristown facility (Aug '11) Apr '17 jkk 20
News Immigrant tuition break gaining support in Tenn... Apr '17 spud 3
More from around the web