Tenn. protesters arrested for 2nd str...

Tenn. protesters arrested for 2nd straight night

There are 14 comments on the Peninsula Clarion story from Oct 29, 2011, titled Tenn. protesters arrested for 2nd straight night. In it, Peninsula Clarion reports that:

Tennessee state troopers for the second straight night arrested more than two dozen Wall Street protesters for defying a new nighttime curfew imposed by the state's Republican governor in an effort to disband an encampment near the Capitol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Peninsula Clarion.

CB CARTER

Portland, TN

#1 Oct 29, 2011
Why would a republican Governor care about working people. He is part of the 1%
tim

Franklin, TN

#2 Oct 29, 2011
thats a joke shows you the goverment does what they want when they want dispite the rights of the people that elected them
tim

Franklin, TN

#3 Oct 29, 2011
if it was a illegal allien gathering toting signs and burning flags

they would still be there because their the only ones in this country with rights from what ive seen
TNZ2011

Brentwood, TN

#4 Oct 29, 2011
Arrest them all. it takes too much manpower (ie: money) to try and babysit them. Let them pay for their own food. Obamas tea party is more like what it really is.
Pat

Nashville, TN

#5 Oct 29, 2011
People with to much time on their hands will always be a drag on society. Stop complaining.Our country offers you the rarest gift of all opportunity.If you do not want to use it, don't hinder those who will.
Pat

Nashville, TN

#6 Oct 29, 2011
CB CARTER wrote:
Why would a republican Governor care about working people. He is part of the 1%
We are all Americans.As long as you continue to us the term 1%,99% Latin Americans,Black Americans,Chinese Americans and all the other fences used. We will remain a country divided.Stop with the labels,like it or not we are all American. That is nothing to be ashamed of ,or apologize about.
Mildred

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Oct 29, 2011
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all Americans.As long as you continue to us the term 1%,99% Latin Americans,Black Americans,Chinese Americans and all the other fences used. We will remain a country divided.Stop with the labels,like it or not we are all American. That is nothing to be ashamed of ,or apologize about.
Do you understand what "99%-1%" references??? I've read your posts on several of the discussion boards and frankly I'm having a hard time following your comments. Maybe it's just me, but wth are you talking about??
tim

Franklin, TN

#8 Oct 29, 2011
tnz2001 and pat proble are one of the 1% thats the way they think
and i guess if you can sneak across the border your an american too
Pat

Nashville, TN

#9 Oct 29, 2011
Mildred wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what "99%-1%" references??? I've read your posts on several of the discussion boards and frankly I'm having a hard time following your comments. Maybe it's just me, but wth are you talking about??
I am sorry you are having hard time following my comments.I am talking about our History.And a President who is going all over the world apologizing for being an American. It and the terms used before we say Americans is very divisive.Either intentional or unintentional it achieves the same purpose. It fractures our nation,and creates divisions. You can be any kind of American you want but just be an American first. When we landed on the beaches of Normandy to free Europe. We did not tell all of the Italian Americans to go first , followed by the Irish Americans. We went as one people ,one purpose one voice.It is very hard to hear that voice today. May be we have forget our purpose.
Pat

Nashville, TN

#10 Oct 29, 2011
tim wrote:
tnz2001 and pat proble are one of the 1% thats the way they think
and i guess if you can sneak across the border your an american too
I do not have to sneak any where. My ancestors came to this country as indentured servants. They worked their way out of semi-slavery and became Americans.There has always been a price to pay to be an American. We are ignorant to think other wise.I am not one of the 1%,I am a plumber. I work with my tools every day.I went to trade school and learned my trade many years ago. The people you are talking about who sneak across the border, have taken many jobs in my industry. I don't complain about that. If he can do my job better let him have it.I am an American I was trained to be the best and I am still working. As bad a the construction industry was hit, if I can find something to do. I know a lot of the 99% can too.
Mildred

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Oct 29, 2011
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry you are having hard time following my comments.I am talking about our History.And a President who is going all over the world apologizing for being an American. It and the terms used before we say Americans is very divisive.Either intentional or unintentional it achieves the same purpose. It fractures our nation,and creates divisions. You can be any kind of American you want but just be an American first. When we landed on the beaches of Normandy to free Europe. We did not tell all of the Italian Americans to go first , followed by the Irish Americans. We went as one people ,one purpose one voice.It is very hard to hear that voice today. May be we have forget our purpose.
Wow - you're all over the place, huh? Interestingly, nothing about the actual topic, but whatever.
1) I couldn't disagree more about the President comment.
2) I personally don't care what ethnicity people choose to preface their nationality by and disagree that is a source of problems in this country.
3) As far as being of one voice, whose voice are you yearning for? What if it's the wrong voice? Refer back to 1) on this. You obviously don't agree with the President's voice, so perhaps you don't have as much disdain for freedom of speech as you think.
SHEILA L

Goodlettsville, TN

#12 Oct 29, 2011
WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, THAT IS WHY WE ARE AMERICANS, FOR WHATEVER REASON , IT IS OUR RIGHT TO VOICE OUR OPINION FOR WHAT WE BELEIVE IN. WHY CANT EVERYONE JUST GET ALONG?
Pat

Nashville, TN

#13 Oct 29, 2011
Mildred wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow - you're all over the place, huh? Interestingly, nothing about the actual topic, but whatever.
1) I couldn't disagree more about the President comment.
2) I personally don't care what ethnicity people choose to preface their nationality by and disagree that is a source of problems in this country.
3) As far as being of one voice, whose voice are you yearning for? What if it's the wrong voice? Refer back to 1) on this. You obviously don't agree with the President's voice, so perhaps you don't have as much disdain for freedom of speech as you think.
Sorry to wander off topic a bit.As an American you have a right to agree or disagree. I appreciate all view points.
Pat

Nashville, TN

#14 Oct 29, 2011
SHEILA L wrote:
WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, THAT IS WHY WE ARE AMERICANS, FOR WHATEVER REASON , IT IS OUR RIGHT TO VOICE OUR OPINION FOR WHAT WE BELEIVE IN. WHY CANT EVERYONE JUST GET ALONG?
Yea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Haslam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 things in the Tennessee General Assembly Apr 25 tnmtndude 1
News Meritor plans expansion of Morristown facility (Aug '11) Apr 15 jkk 20
News Immigrant tuition break gaining support in Tenn... Apr 5 spud 3
News Sexton pushing for four-lane Mar '17 Sunday drivers 14
News Official Candidate for TN Governor: Randy Boyd ... Mar '17 South Knox Hombre 3
News Fight Over Forrest Statue Isn't Over Mar '17 Marty Schlepperman 1
News Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge could get $3-5M for fi... Mar '17 Resident 3
More from around the web