Del Conca plans $70M factory in Loudon

Del Conca plans $70M factory in Loudon

There are 25 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Dec 19, 2012, titled Del Conca plans $70M factory in Loudon. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

Submitted photo From left, Enzo Mularoni, President of Del Conca Group, Lino Sbraccia, Luca Costi and Paolo Mularoni, President Del Conca US, look at site of new tile manufacturing plant in the Sugar Limb Industrial Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Local

Knoxville, TN

#1 Dec 19, 2012
I like to see the jobs but not the people. Vonore has the japs, Lenoir city has the mexican's and now Loudon will have the Italian's I don't know which is the worst. Oh, maybe the yankee's in the Village it can get any worse than that.
bennito musalini

Cookeville, TN

#2 Dec 19, 2012
Lets tile the new jail and Estelle's office with Italian tile from the new company that won' be paying taxes fro 10 years. Then the Italias can do what John Deere did -- leave Loudon County and a bounch of employees out on their ears. Viva Italia
DLC

Bristol, TN

#3 Dec 19, 2012
I cannot believe the attitude of the first two posters! Talk about being prejudice! You are both discusting! You should be grateful that reputable companies are choosing Loudon to locate their businesses! That's okay, tho....don't bother applying for any of those $18/ hour jobs they are creating.......just keep sitting around and collecting those government checks you're obviously getting, while you put down other nationalities....
Rufus

Madisonville, TN

#4 Dec 19, 2012
DLC wrote:
I cannot believe the attitude of the first two posters! Talk about being prejudice! You are both discusting! You should be grateful that reputable companies are choosing Loudon to locate their businesses! That's okay, tho....don't bother applying for any of those $18/ hour jobs they are creating.......just keep sitting around and collecting those government checks you're obviously getting, while you put down other nationalities....
I am also amazed at these two people. But, when you stop and think about, their IQ'S may not add up to 50 combined. Most of the jobs for this plant will be open to people from and around Loundon County. Wonder if the unemployment and welfare rate will go down? One thing for sure, better start thinking about drug tests. Won't get hired if you are hitting the sweet stuff.
Tennessee transplant

Dandridge, TN

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Local wrote:
I like to see the jobs but not the people. Vonore has the japs, Lenoir city has the mexican's and now Loudon will have the Italian's I don't know which is the worst. Oh, maybe the yankee's in the Village it can get any worse than that.
Lay off the folks in the Village. They're supporting your county through property taxes and taking little in the way of services. They hire your poorly educated butts in service jobs, volunteer in your schools and other support organizations. They even help feed the kids you don't adequately provide for, give them encouragement to get out of the endless cycle of welfare, lack of education and abuse that is rampant in your community. If you're so much better than the minorities and newcomers to the area, why do you need scapegoats to justify your miserable existence?
Good neighbors in TV

Knoxville, TN

#6 Dec 19, 2012
The folks in the village are just like the folks in Loudon County and everywhere else in the country. There are great people and there are a few jerks everywhere you go.
One great service they proved to this county s the Good Neighbor Shop. There is no comparison to it and the others around.
The workers I've met are professional and helpful. All the profits go to great causes in the county. All the workers are volunteer!
Thank you villagers. You guys do a great service at The Good Neighbor Shop by providing a clean well run place to shop second hand and using the proceeds to help the ones who need it most.
When I donate items to Good Neighbor I can play a small part in what they do so well.
Local

Knoxville, TN

#7 Dec 20, 2012
Tennessee transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the folks in the Village. They're supporting your county through property taxes and taking little in the way of services. They hire your poorly educated butts in service jobs, volunteer in your schools and other support organizations. They even help feed the kids you don't adequately provide for, give them encouragement to get out of the endless cycle of welfare, lack of education and abuse that is rampant in your community. If you're so much better than the minorities and newcomers to the area, why do you need scapegoats to justify your miserable existence?
I am sure there were a lot of blacks that you could have stayed and took care of up north. We don't want any more help from you. So go back and take the mexican's with you because of your church that they are here anyway.
Tennessee transplant

New Market, TN

#8 Dec 20, 2012
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure there were a lot of blacks that you could have stayed and took care of up north. We don't want any more help from you. So go back and take the mexican's with you because of your church that they are here anyway.
Oh, you need some help alright. Read your own posts and tell me you are normal and not a xenophobic bigot (look it up).
GCG

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 20, 2012
Oh my this could mean actual progress. How long before the L-Town growth killers get started with their crap. Hate to mess up their little hamlet downtown with an extra truck or two.
WHAT

Cookeville, TN

#10 Dec 20, 2012
"The selection of Loudon as the site for the new plant is "almost like an angel dropping out of the sky," said Loudon County Mayor Estelle Herron".
Wow

Knoxville, TN

#11 Dec 20, 2012
WHAT wrote:
"The selection of Loudon as the site for the new plant is "almost like an angel dropping out of the sky," said Loudon County Mayor Estelle Herron".
That is something to have to live up to!
haha

United States

#12 Dec 22, 2012
Tennessee transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the folks in the Village. They're supporting your county through property taxes and taking little in the way of services. They hire your poorly educated butts in service jobs, volunteer in your schools and other support organizations. They even help feed the kids you don't adequately provide for, give them encouragement to get out of the endless cycle of welfare, lack of education

and abuse that is rampant in your community. If you're so much better than the minorities and newcomers to the area, why do you need scapegoats to justify your miserable existence?
That's funny! Now who discriminating? It seems that every time the "village" talks about its self they are always remind us about how much they do for our community....all while complaining about paying taxes....it must be hard to brag and bitch at the same time.
Wow

Knoxville, TN

#13 Dec 22, 2012
I complain about paying taxes now that I'm finding out where it is going. Too much go
F it right into the pockets of politicians their families and their cronies. There are laws against self serving politicians. I'll be glad when the law catches up with some if these thieves.
allsmiles

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2013
has any progress been made in the construction process. Any news as of when they will start taking applications.
Smiley

Knoxville, TN

#16 Nov 11, 2013
What's the update on this?
Davis

United States

#17 Jan 1, 2014
Where can I get an application?? Is there one online??
Silent Sam

Loudon, TN

#18 Jan 3, 2014
Good neighbors in TV wrote:
The folks in the village are just like the folks in Loudon County and everywhere else in the country. There are great people and there are a few jerks everywhere you go.
One great service they proved to this county s the Good Neighbor Shop. There is no comparison to it and the others around.
The workers I've met are professional and helpful. All the profits go to great causes in the county. All the workers are volunteer!
Thank you villagers. You guys do a great service at The Good Neighbor Shop by providing a clean well run place to shop second hand and using the proceeds to help the ones who need it most.
When I donate items to Good Neighbor I can play a small part in what they do so well.
Noooo. Them folks in the village ain't like the local folks in Loudon Co. The local people around here are so honest they would cheat themselves before they would cheat somebody else. Most of them Yankees in Tellico Village would skin for it's hide. Everybody knows about all the stealing that's going on there. Hell! You Yankees are so used to graft and corruption you ain't got a clue that stuff don't cost near as much here as where you come from. Your manager is running around giving away stuff to just about everybody in the area trying to ingratiate himself. Must think he is going to have to face some of these citizens in court one day and wants to make sure he has friends on the jury. Any John Q No Nothing can get a contract to do work there and it don't make no difference if he knows what he is doing or not. He gets paid and they just hire some other John Q no nothing to clean up the mess he made. Nobody ever has to fix his work or pay back the money. So I can't say I agree them folks are just like everybody else. Us local yokels ain't as dumb as they are.
CHD

United States

#19 Jan 15, 2014
Really!!!!!!!!!! OMG you racist idiot! This country was created by immigrants. These folks are bringing jobs and revenue to our community and feeding our children. And BTW you closed minded uneducated redneck...the word is worse...not worst. I bet their English is better than yours!
Old Timer

Loudon, TN

#20 Jan 15, 2014
Come on Winston. Me thinks thou doest protest too much. Everyone knows that your Knoxville Designation and pro Tellico Village rants give your ID away. Take care that you don't undo all that good will you have been cultivating by generously spreading that Tellico
Village wealth around amongst the locals.
TV is OK

Hermitage, TN

#21 Jan 15, 2014
Old Timer wrote:
Come on Winston. Me thinks thou doest protest too much. Everyone knows that your Knoxville Designation and pro Tellico Village rants give your ID away. Take care that you don't undo all that good will you have been cultivating by generously spreading that Tellico
Village wealth around amongst the locals.
I'm sure Mr. Blazer stays up at all hours just to near your words of wisdom. When will you figure out the locations shown are pretty much a crap shoot of when and what IP address you are using? Keep whining. It's amusing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Haslam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Calsonic Kansei Adding 1,200 Jobs In Tennessee (Sep '13) Jun 7 ThomasA 78
News Meritor plans expansion of Morristown facility (Aug '11) May '16 Morning coffee 3
News Glen Campbell's Children Instigate Tennessee La... May '16 Zonawaas 1
News Tusculum Mayor Emphasizes Board's Support For GVDC (Apr '11) Apr '16 TnCarrotop 5
News Tenn Gov Bill Haslam Apr '16 Sneaky Pete 6
News Tennessee governor signs religious counseling b... Apr '16 Gremlin 3
News God, sex, bathrooms on legislators' minds Apr '16 Next 4
More from around the web