Tennessee lawmakers approve welfare d...

Tennessee lawmakers approve welfare drug testing on last day

There are 4 comments on the The Tennessean story from May 2, 2012, titled Tennessee lawmakers approve welfare drug testing on last day. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

The National Day of Prayer will start early Thursday in Nashville with a new event, a 6:30 a.m. State lawmakers approved a bill to test welfare recipients for drugs and revamped the state's top utility regulator, but they dropped plans to rewrite the state's campaign finance laws on the final day of the legislative session.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Southern Baptist

Jackson, TN

#1 May 2, 2012
This drug testing should include booze and tobacco; using either should disqualify you from getting MY money.
scooter

Higbee, MO

#2 May 2, 2012
once you pay your taxes,it is no longer your money.
handyman

Morocco, IN

#3 May 2, 2012
just "who" is gonna pay for all that drug testing the state will be doing ?? The tax payer i guess ?? Will the results be similar to Florida ?? http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/us/no-savin...
Anti Booze

Bell City, MO

#4 May 7, 2012
Drug testing costs should be deducted from their handouts.

FORCE THE LAZY BUMS TO GET JOBS OR LET THEM STARVE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Haslam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor signs Tennessee a natural and ordinary... May 14 Wondering 3
News Same-sex couples sue over Tennessee 'natural me... May 8 Elizabeth1912 1
News Gay marriage plaintiff urges opposition to Tenn... May 4 Xstain Mullah Fri... 2
News 5 things in the Tennessee General Assembly May 4 Waynes Nude Cheeks 3
News Burchett for governor? The Knox County mayor is... May 1 South Knox Hombre 10
News Meritor plans expansion of Morristown facility (Aug '11) Apr '17 jkk 20
News Immigrant tuition break gaining support in Tenn... Apr '17 spud 3
More from around the web